General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
Reaction score
Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
A business owner in Springfield, Ohio and his family have received graphic death threats after defending his Haitian employees from Donald Trump's racist smears.

Jamie McGregor, 48, who employs about 30 legal Haitian immigrants at his vehicle parts factory, had spoken out in September after Trump and his allies began spreading false claims that Haitians in Ohio were eating people's pets.

“They come to work every day. They don’t cause drama. They’re on time,” McGregor told The New York Times, saying that the migrants had taken up crucial positions that he’d been struggling to fill after expanding his business.

Now the Times reports that strangers have been threatening McGregor and his family in the most lurid terms, as well as putting up posters near the factory that declared him a “traitor”.

"Why are you importing Third World savages who eat animals and giving them jobs over United States citizens?" one voicemail asked.

Another message declared that it would be "100 per cent justified" if McGregor took "a bullet to the skull", while yet another offered a graphic fantasy of McGregor being crushed to death by a pile of Haitian bodies.…….

His entire thesis is based on the assumption that traditional media has more influence on voters than anything else. I think he's wrong and there's plenty of history that says he's wrong.

Word of mouth has always been more influential than traditional media ads. There's a lot of evidence that Harris is getting a lot of positive word of mouth support. There's the record breaking amount of first time small donations she's getting. all of the spontaneous zoom meetings by a diverse group of people to raise funds for Harris, parasocial dynamics makes all the celebrity endorsements seem like a word of mouth endorsement to millions of Americans.

Social media coverage seems to have as much if not more influence than traditional media coverage these days. I'm not sure how that's going, but I do know that the celebrities and public figures endorsing Harris have a lot more combined followers than those who have endorsed Trump.

The arguments he gives about polls being accurate were the same arguments given in 2020 and 2022. They didn't turn out to be true then, but he's still making the same arguments. He's also leaving out the fact that only partisan pollsters are showing Trump gaining or leading in the close states. None of the independent polls have shown Harris losing or falling behind in those polls yet.

Those are just my thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:
Donald Trump has vowed to deport Haitian migrants who are legally living and working in Springfield, Ohio, if he wins November’s election.

Trump made the extraordinary threat during a rant about special counsel Jack Smith, who yesterday filed a damning 165-page legal document outlining his case against the former president in the federal 2020 election interference case.

“You have to remove the people, and you have to bring them back to their own country,” Trump told NewsNation in Houston, Texas, on Wednesday night.

When asked if he would revoke the Haitian migrants’ Temporary Protected Status, the former president said: “Absolutely. I’d revoke it, and I’d bring them back to their country.”

Trump was then pressed on what he would do if Haiti refused to receive the migrants.

“Well, they’re going to receive them. They’re going to receive them,” he maintained.……

What is Melania doing here? Does she think this will soften the dislike of Trump/Vance by women because of abortion? Between her and Vance they're running as far away from the abortion issue as possible.

What is Melania doing here? Does she think this will soften the dislike of Trump/Vance by women because of abortion? Between her and Vance they're running as far away from the abortion issue as possible.

that seems like a slap in the face to the GOP right there. If Trump loses this election, i have a feeling she's gonna divorce his butt so fast. lol
its like a hidden message to say how much she doesn't want to be part of MAGA BS... she's not with him most of the time when he's making appearances, and when she is she 100% looks like she doesn't want to be there...

Just add she’s supporting Harris and the message will be complete. 🤔

October "surprise" !

Soooo now does Fox/Newsmax et al bring on panelists and call her "Evil" ?

Just wondering....

Donald Trump unleashed a foul-mouthed tirade about undocumented immigrants and predicted that this “could be the last election we ever have” if Kamala Harris wins during a private fundraising dinner this summer.

The Guardian obtained a 12-minute recording of a speech that the Republican presidential nominee gave at a dinner on 10 August in Aspen, Colorado, where attendees were required to donate anywhere from $25,000 to $500,000 a couple.

Trump devoted most of his address to border security and immigration, recycling xenophobic claims now familiar from his rallies.

“Radical leftwing lunatics” want people to come in from prisons, mental institutions and insane asylums, he asserted without evidence, adding that the US was harbouring “a record number of terrorists”.

The former president insisted that “smart, very streetwise” leaders of Venezuela and other South American countries were sending murderers and drug dealers to the US to reduce their own crime rates, relieve the burden on their prisons and save money.

Trump cited a false example of 22 people he claimed had come to the US after being released from prison in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. “We said, ‘Where do you come from?’ They said, ‘Prison’. ‘What did you do?’ ‘None of your forking business what we did.’ You know why? Because they’re murderers.”

The candidate added, “I hate to use that foul language”, apparently recognising that his use of the F-word went further than his campaign rallies. The Congolese government has said there is no truth to Trump’s statements.

The candidate went on: “These are the toughest people. These people are coming in from Africa, from the Middle East. They’re coming in from all parts of Asia, the bad parts, the parts where they’re rough, and the only thing good is they make our criminals look extremely nice. They make our Hell’s Angels look like the nicest people on earth.”……….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
Top Bottom