General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
Reaction score
Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
Masculinity is a completely subjective concept and a lot of the current cultural clash comes from people having very different ideas about what masculinity is and what it looks like in action. People are fighting over which idea of masculinity should we embrace.

Personally, I don't want to go back to the "it's a man's world, men are superior, and every man is an island" self-entitled and self-aggrandizing bullshirt. That dysfunctional and insecurity driven nonsense is a big part of why we are currently in this mess.
That's what I was getting at.

Andrew Tate masculinity is just evil in a muscle shirt, but soft-handed metrosexuals don't pull pursey.

That's what I was getting at.

Andrew Tate masculinity is just evil in a muscle shirt, but soft-handed metrosexuals don't pull pursey.
The idea of "pulling" women is dysfunctional to me and is on the same level as elephant seals fighting for dominance over breeding. I've never had any interest in that either.

I've had a fair share of relationships, but I've never once tried to "pull" a woman. So, I think the starting point is building and providing new values for how men view relationships with themselves and with others.

The idea of "pulling" women is dysfunctional to me and is on the same level as elephant seals fighting for dominance over breeding. I've never had any interest in that either.

I've had a fair share of relationships, but I've never once tried to "pull" a woman. So, I think the starting point is building and providing new values for how men view relationships with themselves and with others.

You'll need buy-in from women, too.

The problem with Tate's brand of sleaze is that, like Cheato's older version of the same thing, it works. If all a young lad wants is a roll in the hay.

So yeah, as a society we need to develop an overarching "This is being a man" theme that isn't poisonous nor ineffective in attracting women.

Allegations that the striking union president may be timing his strike to hurt the economy before the election.

Allegations that the striking union president may be timing his strike to hurt the economy before the election.

This is interesting. I heard something on NPR this morning about how the contract that was offered had a 50% increase in wages over the contract's life, which is a lot. I'm not sure what else was in there that might cause the union to reject it.

This is interesting. I heard something on NPR this morning about how the contract that was offered had a 50% increase in wages over the contract's life, which is a lot. I'm not sure what else was in there that might cause the union to reject it.
they want to guaruantee no automation (and to remove the automation that has been installed during current contract that was not supposed to have been installed) and want like a 70% raise over the next 6 years. i'm sure thats just the tip of the iceberg.
Biden could step in, but if he does, it may come across as anti-union.

OK, she's ignored.

"Elissa Blair Slotkin is an American politician serving as a U.S. representative from Michigan since 2019, representing the state's 7th congressional district since 2023. A member of the Democratic Party, Slotkin was previously a Central Intelligence Agency analyst and Department of Defense official. Wikipedia"

Next!

Obviously, it's ok for us to dismiss things like this, b/c we aren't working on the campaign. But I would hope the Michigan democrats aren't dismissing it. Michigan has a pretty popular governor, a Democratic congress that has had a pretty successful legislative session. It's part of the traditional blue wall. The fact that the very best poll for the Democrats is still within the margin of error should be concerning. This should be a 5-6 point lead... the fact that it isn't, means there is something wrong.

No doubt the situation with Israel is weighing things down somewhat (and that's going to get even worse). So basically, they have a lot of work to do and only a little over a month to do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
Top Bottom