General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (9 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    Janet Jackson has falsely claimed that Kamala Harris is not Black and has a white father, echoing words from Harris’s electoral opponent Donald Trump.

The singer, 58, whose brother Tito passed away aged 70 last week, made the surprising comments about the vice-president when asked how she felt about the US having its first female Black president.

In response, Jackson called into question Harris’s heritage, evoking comments questioning the Democratic candidate’s race previously made by Trump in July.

The “All for You” singer claimed: “She’s not Black. That’s what I heard. That she’s Indian. Her father’s white. That’s what I was told.”

Jackson then admitted she hadn’t “watched the news in a few days” but was told somebody had “discovered” Harris’ father “was white”……..

See Bird’s Theorem.

The MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell this week hit out at George W Bush, the Republican former president, for refusing to weigh in on America’s looming presidential election.

“All any decent person wants him to do is to say, ‘Don’t vote for Donald Trump, and here’s why,’ and he won’t even do that,” O’Donnell told the Fast Politics podcast, of the Republican president who was in office from 2001 to 2009.

Increasingly, Bush – and some other top Republicans from his political era – are looking lonely in their ongoing refusal to take a side in an election in which many have warned that US democracy is under threat from Trump’s open sympathies with autocracy.

Bush’s vice-president Dick Cheney and his daughter Liz Cheney, whose January 6 committee role cost her a US House seat in Wyoming, have endorsed Kamala Harris. So have other senior Republicans, including more than 100 who this week signed a letter declaring that Trump, their party’s nominee for a third election running, must never return to the White House.

“We believe that the president of the United States must be a principled, serious and steady leader,” the officials said. “We expect to disagree with Kamala Harris on many domestic and foreign policy issues, but we believe that she possesses the essential qualities to serve as president and Donald Trumpdoes not.”

Big-name signatories included Chuck Hagel, a former senator and defense secretary; Gen Michael Hayden, a former CIA and NSA chief; and John Negroponte, once ambassador to the UN. Robert Zoellick, a longtime aide to both presidents Bush and a deputy to James Baker, secretary of state to the elder Bush, was on the list too.

Missing from the list, however, were Baker, the younger Bush and his own secretary of state, Condoleezza Rice. As perhaps the three most senior Republicans who have not come out against Trump in this election cycle, Bush, Rice and Baker’s lack of comment excites growing comment itself.…….

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Republican activists in swing states say they have seen little sign of the teams tasked with knocking on doors and turning out infrequent voters on behalf of Donald Trump, raising concerns about the party’s presidential nominee relying on outside groups for an important part of his campaign operations.

Trump and the Republican National Committee he controls opted to share get-out-the-vote duties in key parts of the most competitive states this year with groups such as America PAC, the organization supported by billionaire Elon Musk.

It is difficult to demonstrate that something is not happening. But with fewer than 50 days until the Nov. 5 election, dozens of Republican officials, activists and operatives in Michigan, North Carolina and other battleground states say they have rarely or never witnessed the group’s canvassers. In Arizona and Nevada, the Musk-backed political action committee replaced its door-knocking company just this past week.

“I haven’t seen anybody,” said Nate Wilkowski, field director for the Republican Party in vote-rich Oakland County, Michigan, which includes crucial Detroit suburbs. He was speaking specifically of America PAC. “Nobody’s given me a heads-up that they’re around in Oakland County areas.”…..

Janet Jackson has falsely claimed that Kamala Harris is not Black and has a white father, echoing words from Harris’s electoral opponent Donald Trump.

The singer, 58, whose brother Tito passed away aged 70 last week, made the surprising comments about the vice-president when asked how she felt about the US having its first female Black president.

In response, Jackson called into question Harris’s heritage, evoking comments questioning the Democratic candidate’s race previously made by Trump in July.

The “All for You” singer claimed: “She’s not Black. That’s what I heard. That she’s Indian. Her father’s white. That’s what I was told.”

Jackson then admitted she hadn’t “watched the news in a few days” but was told somebody had “discovered” Harris’ father “was white”……..

For the record, Janet and I are NOT getting back together.

I think the cult is larger than that easily. If it was that low he wouldn't control the Republican party the way he does.
    Republicans don't have to believe what Trump says to be in agreement with or afraid of Trump.

The good news is that only 49% of registered voters are Republicans and only about 73% of eligible voters are registered to vote, so it's highly unlikely that more than 32% of the eligible voting population actually supports Trump and Republicans nation wide. That percentage will vary by state though.

Last edited:
    I have an electric car, it's NOT a Tesla.

I saw one of those butt ugly Tesla sort of pickup truck the other day. Gag ugly it was. Wow. As ugly as the AMC Pacer was.

I see electric semi trucks delivering things to stores all the time now. I don't know who makes them. They are nice looking rigs.

Trucks don't have to be ugly.
    I want my next vehicle to be an electric truck with a built in gas powered generator, and both 120 and 220 outlets. Add a solar panel array that can be easily stored in it and you've got the most versatile utility and emergency vehicle currently available.

Janet's father really did a number on all of the Jackson children.

i have been seeing so many videos on TikTok, Facebook and Twitter about the Harris campagin is in shambles and is in freaking out because Trump is taking such a big lead in all swing state. I think they are funny because its having the opposite effect that they think it does. Trumpsters truly believe those posts, and i hope it causes them to stay home because they 'have it in the bag'...lol

sad part is 45% of Americans believe him. I'm not worried about 2024, Harris has this won. I am concerned about
    our future though. Democrats can't be complacent and nominate a Hillary Clinton type in the future

The cult of trump is very real, The only way to make them a non factor is to vote and keep voting until your last breath
    Clear grounds to worry about the future of our Nation as a democracy. If contagious, ME>WE STUPID is the direct cause of destabilization that will lead to chaos.🤔

I wouldn't be certain that Harris has this in the bag. It's way too close (the latest NYT poll has Trump with a 5 point lead in AZ and narrow leads in GA and NC).

overall the prediction maret is swinging to Harris, but it's no means a sure thing.

I think the cult is larger than that easily. If it was that low he wouldn't control the Republican party the way he does.
    I think he controls the R party through intimidation. You hear people like Kinsinger, Conway, etc. say all the time that most GOP pols don’t like him, don’t even want him to win. They just want to keep their jobs so they kiss the ring.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom