General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
Reaction score
Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
I promised to post some criticism of Silver if I find it. So here it is. Criticism of his PA polling and the way he weights them.

I promised to post some criticism of Silver if I find it. So here it is. Criticism of his PA polling and the way he weights them.

My argument is that polling currently faces natural obstacles which preclude the possibility that one should quale and make over their August pronouncements whatsoever.

Polls currently have a four or more year treasure chord of being just as good as tea leaf patterns left on the bottom of one's tea cup.

Tessomancy: Let's enlist the expertise of "Professor Trelawney had her students drink the entire cup of tea until only the dregs remained. They then had to swill the dregs around the cup three times with their left hand, followed by turning the cup upside down on its saucer and waiting for the last of the tea to drain away. She had her students divide up into pairs and had each of them read the leaves in their partner's cup.[3]"

he still had the guts. something Haley lacked.

I am here to keep Trump away.

I'm not here to promote the democratic agenda. I have problems with green energy, but that is another topic. Trump must be gone and let us return to normal
The previous normal is what allowed and facilitated Trump's rise to power and influence. Do we really want to return to that normal and roll the dice again?

Ok, W... Where you and Laura at?
When W left office he said he was staying out of politics and I think he has for the most part
======================

Former President George W. Bush does not plan to formally endorse a candidate in the 2024 presidential election, his office told multiple outlets on Saturday.

Neither Bush nor his wife Laura Bush plans to publicly share who they will vote for, according to NBC News, with his office adding that “President Bush retired from presidential politics years ago.”

Bush’s decision not to endorse a candidate in this White House election comes just a day after his then-vice president, Dick Cheney, confirmed he would be voting for Vice President Harris. His daughter, former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), shared her father’s decision hours earlier at the Texas Tribune Festival on Friday.

Harris welcomed Cheney’s support, telling reporters on Saturday she was “honored.”

“And them stepping up to make this public statement, I think is courageous, but also for the folks I was just talking with, it really reinforces for them that we love our country and we have more in common than what separates us,” she said…….

The previous normal is what allowed and facilitated Trump's rise to power and influence. Do we really want to return to that normal and roll the dice again?
No he must be defeated. we need to argue about where budget money is allocated. not worrying about our democracy being threatened

Most of the polling outfits are herding again.

It's visible on this 538 chart, ignore the average lines, look at how the dots are spread out. When the dots are too close together that indicates the problem, the results are too consistent to be real. A sistical law demands that there be a certain amount of error, some of the reported numbers will be outliers.

When the top line numbers cling together too well it's likely they are looking at what the other pollsters are saying, and if what they have is too far outside of that, then they adjust their numbers so they won't be a lonely outlier.

What I do know for sure if that three weeks before the election that the New York Times will show us that their poster is one of the best. They can be good.

DON'T TRUST POLLSTERS TOO EARLY IN ELECTION SEASON. They lie. Only when it gets close to the election will the pollsters do their best to be accurate because that is what they are judged upon. They are not held accountable for their early top line numbers.

They can lie all they want to right now and not get caught. Some of them do lie. I gegard today's NYTimes poll as being not only a lie, they are signaling to their heard to follow their lead. Again!!!

With friends like the NYTimes who needs an enemy???

MOSINEE, Wis. — Former President Donald Trump, who makes frequent false claims that the 2020 presidential election was stolen through rampant fraud, warned Saturday that he would try to imprison anyone who engages in "unscrupulous behavior" during this year's race.

He issued the threat on Truth Social, his social media website, and repeated his false claims that the 2020 election was stolen, accusing Democrats of "rampant Cheating and Skullduggery."

“The 2024 Election, where Votes have just started being cast, will be under the closest professional scrutiny and, WHEN I WIN, those people that CHEATED will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law, which will include long term prison sentences so that this Depravity of Justice does not happen again," he wrote.

He continued, “Please beware that this legal exposure extends to Lawyers, Political Operatives, Donors, Illegal Voters, & Corrupt Election Officials. Those involved in unscrupulous behavior will be sought out, caught, and prosecuted at levels, unfortunately, never seen before in our Country.”

The threat was one of the most wide-ranging he has made running for president after his 2020 defeat — going beyond threatening old foes and issuing warnings to those involved with the current election.…..

Former GOP Rep. Liz Cheney encouraged anti-Trump Republicans and independents Sunday to consider voting for Vice President Kamala Harris, saying it’s “not enough” to write in someone other than former President Donald Trump in the November election.

“Given how close this race is, in my view, again, it’s not enough. You have many Republicans out there who are saying, ‘Well, you know, we’re not going to vote for him, but we will write someone else in,’” Cheney said in an interview on ABC News' "This Week." “And I think that this time around, that’s not enough, that it’s important to actually cast a vote for Vice President Harris.”

Asked why she decided to support Harris, Cheney said that she had never voted for a Democrat in her 40 years of voting but that Trump “poses a challenge and a threat fundamentally to the republic.”

“We see it on a daily basis, somebody who was willing to use violence in order to attempt to seize power, to stay in power, someone who represents unrecoverable catastrophe,” said Cheney, a vocal Trump critic who was vice chair of the House Jan. 6 committee. “Frankly, in my view, and we have to do everything possible to ensure that he doesn’t, that he’s not re-elected.”

Pressed about whether Harris’ moderation of her positions on a variety of issues compared with a few years ago made the decision to endorse her easier, Cheney pointed to Harris’ speech at the Democratic National Convention last month, saying she believes it’s a speech former GOP Presidents Ronald Reagan and George Bush could have given……….

CNN —
Former President Donald Trump on Saturday called for “modifying” the 25th Amendment to allow for the removal of a vice president who “lies or engages in a conspiracy to cover up the incapacity of the president,” a political nonstarter and the latest escalation of his attacks on President Joe Biden and the change atop the Democratic ticket.

“If you do that with a cover-up of the president of the United States, it’s grounds for impeachment immediately and removal from office, beause that’s what they did,” Trump said during a campaign rally in Mosinee, Wisconsin.

In the wake of Biden’s poor June debate performance and his decision to end his presidential campaign a month later, Trump and his Republican allies have accused Vice President Kamala Harris and top Democrats of covering up a decline in the president’s mental fitness.

The Harris campaign declined to comment on Trump’s remarks on Saturday.

The vice president has continued to defend Biden and his mental capacity, telling CNN last month that she doesn’t regret insisting in the weeks after the debate that Biden was fit to serve another four-year term.

“Not at all,” Harris told CNN’s Dana Bash in her first major TV interview since becoming the new Democratic nominee. “He has the intelligence, the commitment and the judgment and disposition that I think the American people rightly deserve in their president.”………

MOSINEE, Wis. — Former President Donald Trump, who makes frequent false claims that the 2020 presidential election was stolen through rampant fraud, warned Saturday that he would try to imprison anyone who engages in "unscrupulous behavior" during this year's race.

He issued the threat on Truth Social, his social media website, and repeated his false claims that the 2020 election was stolen, accusing Democrats of "rampant Cheating and Skullduggery."

“The 2024 Election, where Votes have just started being cast, will be under the closest professional scrutiny and, WHEN I WIN, those people that CHEATED will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law, which will include long term prison sentences so that this Depravity of Justice does not happen again," he wrote.

He continued, “Please beware that this legal exposure extends to Lawyers, Political Operatives, Donors, Illegal Voters, & Corrupt Election Officials. Those involved in unscrupulous behavior will be sought out, caught, and prosecuted at levels, unfortunately, never seen before in our Country.”

The threat was one of the most wide-ranging he has made running for president after his 2020 defeat — going beyond threatening old foes and issuing warnings to those involved with the current election.…..

Harris campaign need to push the fact that if Trump wins he will take full advantage of the presidential immunity anyway he can. even though we all know the ruling isn't what he thinks it is, he'll do it anyway..

Former President Trump responded to former Vice President Dick Cheney’s decision to back his Democratic rival in November late Friday, calling the former GOP vice president an “irrelevant RINO” — or “Republican in name only.”

“Dick Cheney is an irrelevant RINO, along with his daughter, who lost by the largest margin in the History of Congressional Races!” the former president wrote in a post on Truth Social, referring to former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), who lost her 2022 midterm election to a Trump-backed challenger.

The criticism comes after Cheney, who under former President George W. Bush, said Friday in a statement that he will support Vice President Harris in the fall.……

Congressman and Kamala Harris campaign surrogate Ro Khanna said he doesn’t support the trend among his fellow Democrats of calling Republicans “weird” on the election trail.

“I’m not, in candor, a fan of calling each other ‘weird’ or names, I don’t think that advanced American democracy,” the California US House representative said during a live event with the Guardian at the Texas Tribune festival Saturday in Austin.

“I think we have to – in this country, and as a party – not just win, but deserve victory. And to deserve victory means to offer a vision that is going to bring this country together with a common purpose.”

That common purpose, he said, was economic growth, expanding voting rights, women’s dignity, and a “civic religion”.

The term “weird” has been part of a campaign strategy by Harris’s vice-presidential pick Tim Walz and several others as a way of painting opponent Donald Trump and his running mate JD Vance as destructive and out of line with US voters.

“These are weird people on the other side,” Walz said in an interview in July. “They wanna take books away, they wanna be in your exam room. That’s what it comes down to and don’t, you know, get sugar-coating this: these are weird ideas.”

But in a sweeping conversation about democracy, the economy, and the role of tech platforms in the election, Khanna emphasized a focus on unity and reaching out to skeptical voters, including in his view of Harris’s strategy for her debate on Tuesday with Trump.

Khanna said he realized “it’s not fashionable anymore” to do as his fellow Democrat and former first lady Michelle Obama once said: “When they go low, we go high.”

But he said former Democratic presidents like Barack Obama and John F Kennedy Jr “were inspirational figures” and, he added: “I still think that wins for a nation that’s hungry for some kind of new common purpose.”……

Belongs in the Biden v Trump thread but it’s been closed
===========

John Fetterman, one of Joe Biden’s loudest defenders during calls from within his own party to step down, still believes that the incumbent president could have beaten Donald Trump a second time.

The freshman senator from Pennsylvania elected in 2022, was one of the many Democrats who refused to call for Biden to step aside in the wake of a whispery, wandering performance at a June debate with Trump in Atlanta.…..

On Sunday, he had hardly changed his tune and told CNN’s State of the Union that he believed Biden would have defeated Trump a second time, despite what all available polling and the trajectory of the race after the June debate indicated.

Dana Bash, the show’s host, asked Fetterman about those comments specifically and whether they’d been born out by the reality of where the race is now at the beginning of September.

“No,” Fetterman seemed to concede, before adding: “But what I said was, I do believe, fundamentally, that Joe Biden would have beaten Trump. And it was going to be very close, and I have always predicted that as well too. And now Harris. And she’s had an amazing run so far...it’s going to be very close.”…….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
Top Bottom