General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

• SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    Trump spoke at the NY Economic forum today.

Several clips are out there but this one is the one i want to post- remember, he is speaking to a room full of folks who understand the economy more than he ever will, by the time they were 30.

The question was what legislation would be passed to help make child care more affordable.

How tf could anyone applaud that answer?

At this point, it wouldn't shock me if Trump himself expects to lose and is banking on a friendly SCOTUS or violence to come to his rescue.
    I've had that concern since he officially announced he's running. The election is just a means to his ultimate end of not getting sentenced to some type of confinement. I really hope they send him to prison.

I'd be perfectly okay with the government spending a few million dollars to build an impenetrable, isolated wing in a prison just for Trump. He wouldn't even suffer the psychological harm of solitary confinement, because he'd always have a security detail with him.

And all the spineless audience members rewarded that idiotic effort with applause. :jpshakehead:
    Lawrence O'Donnell nails it! Nvmd the trump sycophants that may be in the audience, the panelist were also applauding his idiocy!

1725641437436.png

Irony doesn’t seem to work with Trump.

Two endorsements:

The FOP endorsed Trump - which is the first time they have ever endorsed a convicted felon. This is shameful and I will probably unload on the next poor guy who calls soliciting funds for them.

Liz Cheney says her dad will be voting for Harris.

We live in strange times.

Two endorsements:

The FOP endorsed Trump - which is the first time they have ever endorsed a convicted felon. This is shameful and I will probably unload on the next poor guy who calls soliciting funds for them.

I guess that the FOP doesn’t care about law enforcement. The flocker incited the mob to attack the Capital Police aka POLICE, LAW ENFORCEMENT.

I feel the same way regarding the next fund raising call that comes in.

I guess that the FOP doesn’t care about law enforcement. The flocker incited the mob to attack the Capital Police aka POLICE, LAW ENFORCEMENT.

I feel the same way regarding the next fund raising call that comes in.
    Don't forget the shameful way the GOP treated the officers who were there afterwards

I just went to the FOP home page and sent an email to their head guy. Just let them know how I feel. We shall see if I get a response.

Sarah Poontong, 49, became a citizen late last year and one of the first things she did was register to vote.

She’s part of a notable trend — Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islanders have had the largest increase in voter registration of any racial group in the country from January to June, compared to the same period during the 2020 election cycle. That’s according to analysis first shared with NBC News from the civic engagement nonprofit APIAVote and the research company TargetSmart.

Experts say the gains can be attributed to the increasing numbers of first-generation immigrants who are getting naturalized, and more young U.S.-born Asian Americans who have come of age, as well as greater efforts to get out the vote. From 1960 to 2019, there was a 29-fold increase in immigrants from Asia coming to the U.S. And the group was more likely than the overall foreign-born population to get naturalized. Since 2020, the racial group has represented the fastest-growing segment of eligible voters.

That’s true for Poontong. She said she felt that as an Asian immigrant from Thailand and daughter of factory workers, big ticket issues often excluded her. She said it felt as though her vote didn’t count, so she never cast one. But after the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, Poontong said she couldn’t sit back any longer.

“I realized just how important it is to vote in your local elections and the presidential election,” Poontong, who lives in Chicago and works in operations and finance, said. “So I made the conscious choice to get my citizenship and register to vote, and I voted for the first time in the primaries.”

Christine Chen, executive director of APIAVote, said the gains can be attributed to not only a growing population that has come of voting age, but also to the political momentum and activism against anti-Asian hate that galvanized the Asian American community during the last election and at the height of the pandemic.

Such organizing was largely orchestrated by the same groups that have long been behind get-out-the-vote efforts and helped draw more attention to voting and civic engagement, she said. It’s important, Chen said, given that the Asian American and Pacific Islander electorate has exceeded the margin of victory in a number of states, including Georgia in the 2020 election.

“There’s just a feeling of not being safe and not being secure. So I think people are looking for change,” Chen said. “They’re recognizing that this is part of the equation — that they need to lean in and actually participate.” .............

I think its meant to emphasize just how inept at economic policy he is.

He spent first 30 seconds REPEATING the first part of the question , talked about trade deficit ( not the same as our national deficit ) then to China building car factories in Mexico then on to rip the UAW -

from a question on how YOUR economic policy will affect the deficit.

The panelist who ASKED the question replied today

enjoy.

Two endorsements:

A group of more than 60 active and retired law enforcement officials have endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris’s bid for the presidency, calling the former prosecutor and her running-mate, Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, “the only candidates we trust to keep our communities safe.”

The list of top law enforcement executives giving their imprimatur to the Harriz-Walz campaign include elected sheriffs in Durham and Henderson, North Carolina, as well as active sheriffs and chiefs of police in Alabama, California, Maine, Colorado, Michigan, Maryland, Virginia, Georgia, Indiana, New York, and Illinois.

It also includes retired sheriffs and top police officials, including Charles Ramsey, the former chief of police in Washington, DC who later served as the Philadelphia police commissioner, and former Dane County, Wisconsin sheriff David Mahoney. Also appearing on the list are Harry Dunn and Aqulino Gonell, the former US Capitol Police officer and sergeant who emerged as fierce critics of Donald Trump in the wake of the January 6 attack on the Capitol.

“We trust Vice President Harris and Governor Walz to support law enforcement’s work to keep communities safe because they have been doing it their entire careers. Throughout her career, Vice President Harris has worked side-by-side with law enforcement to protect the public and hold offenders accountable,” they said in a letter announcing their endorsement.…….

Meh. The FoP routinely go out of their way to staunchly defend criminal LEO's even when there is overwhelming evidence of their guilt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom