/* */

General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

He communicated very effectively in the televised rally last Friday in Detroit.

I don't know who y'all is supposed to be. I do know that I'm not glossing over anything, I'm just not overreacting out of fear fueled by a hyperbolic perception of reality.
    Did he use a teleprompter?

And don’t accuse me of overreacting. I would love for Biden to be clearly quick on his feet and an adept advocate. He’s just not anymore. I’m a trial lawyer - don’t tell me not to believe what I see, and what I know the average person does too. If you see differently, more power to you.

Did he use a teleprompter?
    Some of the time he didn't. Some of the time he did.

And don’t accuse me of overreacting.
    Don't accuse people of "glossing over."
    I’m a trial lawyer...
    And I'm an operations manager and writer. Our occupations are irrelevant to what we are discussing.

... - don’t tell me not to believe what I see, and what I know the average person does too.
    Don't tell others not to believe what they see. You haven't talked to every average person, so you don't actually know what the average person sees, neither do polls.

You, as a trial lawyer, should know the difference between what one believes they know and what one actually knows. You don't know what he average person sees. You just assume they see what you do.

Alright everyone. Posting tweets without adding context has become too much like posting meme's or pictures without context. I'm tired of dealing with the reported posts over it.

So, anytime you post a picture, a tweet, a you tube video, or media otherwise, add some context. That should eliminate any doubt concerning what can and cannot be posted without adding context.

BTW - Some of the reported posts show the political biases of the person reporting it, so bear that in mind... and what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Some of the time he didn't. Some of the time he did.

Don't accuse people of "glossing over."

And I'm an operations manager and writer. Our occupations are irrelevant to what we are discussing.

Don't tell others not to believe what they see. You haven't talked to every average person, so you don't actually know what the average person sees, neither do polls.

You, as a trial lawyer, should know the difference between what one believes they know and what one actually knows. You don't know what he average person sees. You just assume they see what you do.
    Put very simply, trial advocacy is presenting evidence in the context of theme, story and argument. Any competent attorney can adequately put in evidence but the really good ones can weave that into a theme, theory, story and argument.

I see political campaigns as being very similar, and right now I don’t want Joe Biden as my attorney.

Other than attributing that to “Biden campaigning”? Let me know when he’s able to string 3 or more sentences to form a cogent point in response to a question.
    what about if he went on a rant about sharks and talked about talking taking the airports in the revolutionary war?

are you saying trump doesn't have a recent history of not forming a cogent point in response to a question? man, his rallies and interviews are chocked full of these examples..

Last edited:
    what about if he went on a rant about sharks and talked about talking taking the airports in the revolutionary war?

are you saying trump doesn't have a recent history of not forming a cogent point in response to a question? man, his rallies and interviews are chocked full of these examples..

I despise Trump at least as much as anyone here. And think he’s a narcissistic buffoon who cares about the country not at all.

Yes, he’s clearly declined cognitively and he says crazy shirt 24/7. The country doesn’t care, because our President isn’t effectively making the case you just did.

That is the problem.

I despise Trump at least as much as anyone here. And think he’s a narcissistic buffoon who cares about the country not at all.

Yes, he’s clearly declined cognitively and he says crazy shirt 24/7. The country doesn’t care, because our President isn’t effectively making the case you just did.

That is the problem.
    once again women are angry and they will be voting. The vast majority won't be voting for Trump. The swing states are Pa. Mich. and Wis. Trump needs 2/3. He's not going to get it due to the womens vote. SFL can crow all he wants,but he has never addressed this. Why?

You don’t need to convince me. You need to convince the American voter.

once again women are angry and they will be voting. The vast majority won't be voting for Trump. The swing states are Pa. Mich. and Wis. Trump needs 2/3. He's not going to get it due to the womens vote. SFL can crow all he wants,but he has never addressed this. Why?
    Because he’s counting on the white man’s vote to beat that?

And you can’t count on all women. I personally know more than a few that won’t vote Biden.

You don’t need to convince me. You need to convince the American voter.
    You say that, but it's you that is saying you know what the American voter won't vote for Biden, by the way it's actually millions of diverse voters. You're relying on polls like they are reliable evidence. They are not.

If Trump is counting on white man's vote to beat the vote of women, he needs to check the numbers again. The majority of registered voters are women.

Are you as a white man voting for Trump. I'm a white man and I'm voting for whoever is the Democratic candidate Aren't you going to do the same? Why don't you trust enough other voters will do the same?

And you can’t count on all women.
    Can Trump count on all white men?

I personally know more than a few that won’t vote Biden.
    And you and I know a lot of white men who will vote for Biden if he's the candidate.

Put very simply, trial advocacy is presenting evidence in the context of theme, story and argument. Any competent attorney can adequately put in evidence but the really good ones can weave that into a theme, theory, story and argument.

I see political campaigns as being very similar, and right now I don’t want Joe Biden as my attorney.
    I think that's a highly inaccurate way of looking at political campaigns. They are much more complex than any trial ever will be.

Yes, he’s (Trump) clearly declined cognitively and he says crazy shirt 24/7. The country doesn’t care, because our President isn’t effectively making the case you just did.
    Actually, the country does care. That's why Trump lost in 2020.

You're not going to see Biden make a good case against Trump if you're not looking for it. Biden made a great case against Trump at the televised Detroit rally last Friday. You didn't watch it. That's the reason you didn't see Biden the great case that he did.

A hammer only looks for nails and it sees everything as nails.

Here's video of the House minority leader straightening out the press as to where he sits in the ridin with Biden car.

And you can’t count on all women. I personally know more than a few that won’t vote Biden.
    I know a few women who will vote for Trump as well. I also know they are in the minority of women voters.

what happened to the red wave that was supposed to occur in the 2022 midterms? Make no mistake. The Dobbs
    decision cost the Republicans big time.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom