General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

The presumptive GOP presidential nominee appealed to the mostly black crowd, by talking about the migrant crisis,” the New York Post’s print edition read, “while speaking at a policy and awareness roundtable at 180 Church.”
    This is why you have to take everything the NY Post writes with a huge grain of salt. I always will remember the article they ran about Kamala Harris and copies of her book in 2021 - the reporter they forced to write the story (100% a lie) ended up resigning a few days later and when she told what happened she said they brought her the story and when she checked she found it was not true so she told her superiors that. They said write it anyway or lose your job. In a panic, she acquiesced but her conscience led her to resign shortly after that.

…..But the style of Donald Trump and of Trump supporters is to always present his support as mind-boggling and exceptional, and so this support was.

“The presumptive GOP presidential nominee appealed to the mostly black crowd, by talking about the migrant crisis,” the New York Post’s print edition read, “while speaking at a policy and awareness roundtable at 180 Church.”

The online story has been updated: “The presumptive GOP presidential nominee focused on black voters.”

This idea that Trump was speaking to the Black community in a Black space was common among his supporters. As might have been expected; the entire point of the exercise was to suggest that Trump is making inroads into traditionally Democratic political areas.

It’s the same strategy that the campaign deployed when he held a rally in the Bronx: Gather together a modest crowd and then overhype the scale and importance of what happened.

It is true that current polling shows Trump faring better than he did with Black voters in 2020 and that the gap between his support and support for President Biden is far narrower than it was four years ago.

But — as is the case with other apparent shifts since 2020 — that’s more a function of apathy about Biden than enthusiasm about Trump……

Every time I see an article from Philip Bump I think of this.

Every time I see an article from Philip Bump I think of this.

Which is a lie. The reference was to a time when Joe was trying to teach Hunter to be responsible with money when they were adolescents at home. You keep peddling comoletel lies about all this stuff.

Which is a lie. The reference was to a time when Joe was trying to teach Hunter to be responsible with money when they were adolescents at home. You keep peddling comoletel lies about all this stuff.
    Wait, are you seriously claiming that Hunter texted his sister about having to give Dad half of his money was just a plan to teach Hunter to be responsible with his money? 🤣 🤣 🤣

Your standard response to anyone you disagree with is to call it a lie.

A few days ago I showed you either had no idea what you were talking about or you were lying about 2 different things.

-The beagle studies that were funded by Fauci's NIH

-that you believed the pee tape and that Trump was a Russian agent.

You said both things were lies. I showed you were wrong.

Why do you keep claiming things are lies that aren't lies? I'm guessing it's all about protecting Biden for you.

A few days ago I showed you either had no idea what you were talking about or you were lying about 2 different things.
    I don’t know what fantasy you have made up about these 2 incidents but you absolutely did not prove anything of the sort.

You posted pictures that did NOT show the beagle experiment you were yammering about. I took the time to read up on the incident and posted what I found. There was one beagle experiment that followed all the guidelines and was investigating an organism that infects dogs. There was another experiment that had wrongly claimed to be funded by NIH, when they figured it out they corrected it. Your own article says there’s no reason to doubt this explanation. They faulted NIH for “not being transparent” which I take to mean that there was some confusion and it took some time to sort it out. Your article also noted that there could be some reason for the delay because they fund about 35,000 studies every year. I already posted all of this - there’s zero reason for you to try to take some sort of victory lap because you are basically WRONG about everything.

I told you the discussion about the pee tape you posted was a bunch of us just discussing the possibilities about Trump and Russia shortly after it all became public. You no doubt also saw posts where I said I don’t believe Trump is an actual Russian agent, more like a useful idiot for Putin. I stand by that. But you ignored those posts and highlighted earlier posts that were speculation because that fits your narrative. This is what you do with everything. It’s borderline pathological at this point with you. You cannot ever admit you were wrong, even though you’re wrong fairly often. You just double down on the disinformation that you peddle on here.

Yes, in that exchange Hunter was referring to something that Joe had done when Hunter was a teenager, or maybe younger. That’s been brought out and confirmed, IIRC. You could always look it up.

Please keep screaming that from the rooftops and posting things that show Biden is losing. You're doing us, the vast majority of the country, a huge favor every time you do that.
    The only problem I see is that when Trump loses - we are the ones who will have to put up with his kvetching.

Wait, are you seriously claiming that Hunter texted his sister about having to give Dad half of his money was just a plan to teach Hunter to be responsible with his money? 🤣 🤣 🤣

Your standard response to anyone you disagree with is to call it a lie.
    It's how you deal with Young Earth Creationists and Trumpers.
    Assume 95% of what they say is a lie and the other 5% is them abjectly failing to understand the source material. And then lying about it.

The clip, secretly recorded by progressive filmmaker Laura Windsor while posing as a fan, reveals that Stone and other Trump allies are prepared to use "lawyers, judges, technology" to challenge the results of November's race if need be. During a "Catholics for Catholics" event held at Mar-a-Lago on March 19, Stone was heard saying that steps need to be taken to stop President Joe Biden beating Trump as the "election can be stolen again" from the Republican.

interesting article
    =============
    Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign was, among other things, one of the most impressive displays of branding on a large scale, in a short time, ever. There were hats. There were flags. And above all, there were slogans.

“Make America Great Again.” “Build the wall.” “Lock her up.” And later, “Drain the swamp,” which Trump conceded on the stump that he’d initially hated. No matter: Crowds loved it, which was good enough for Trump to decide that he did, too.

One peculiarity of Trump’s 2024 campaign is the absence of any similar mantra. At some recent rallies, neither Trump nor the audience has even uttered “Build the wall,” once a standard. Crowds are reverting instead to generic “U-S-A” chants or, as at a recent Phoenix rally, “bullshirt, bullshirt, bullshirt!,” which has a winning simplicity but doesn’t have the specificity and originality of its predecessors.

In their place, Trump’s stump speech has become dominated by grievances about the wrongs he believes have been done to him and his promises to get even for them. It doesn’t quite create the festive atmosphere of eight years ago, when many attendees were clearly having a great time. Where the new, more prosaic feeling lacks the uplift of the past, though, it has still managed to generate enough enthusiasm that Trump leads in many polls and could return to the White House in a few months.

Even Trump seems to acknowledge the hollowness of his latest run. “In 2016, we had a great campaign and it was mostly about the border,” he said recently in Nevada. “And I did such a good job that in 2020, where we got millions of more votes than we did in 2016, but I couldn’t talk about the border.”

The lack of catchy slogans might not matter if they were just slogans. But in 2016, they were a symbol of Trump’s willingness to talk about things that other candidates, including other Republicans, shied away from. When Trump promised to build the wall, he was demonstrating that he wasn’t beholden to the somewhat centrist immigration-reform tendencies of the rest of the Republican Party and didn’t care about political correctness. When he was attacked for the slogan, he smirked, “The wall just got 10 feet higher.”.............

Status
    Not open for further replies.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom