First presidential debate (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
Since we usually have a separate thread for these
=================

NEW YORK (AP) — President Joe Biden begins an intense period of private preparations Friday at Camp David for what may be the most consequential presidential debate in decades.

The 81-year-old Democrat’s team is aware that he cannot afford an underwhelming performance when he faces Republican rival Donald Trump for 90 minutes on live television Thursday night. Biden’s team is expecting aggressive attacks on his physical and mental strength, his record on the economy and immigration and even his family.

Trump, 78 and ever confident, will stay on the campaign trail before going to his Florida estate next week for two days of private meetings as part of an informal prep process.

The former president’s allies are pushing him to stay focused on his governing plans, but they’re expecting him to be tested by pointed questions about his unrelenting focus on election fraud, his role in the erosion of abortion rights and his unprecedented legal baggage.

Thursday’s debate on CNN will be full of firsts, with the potential to reshape the presidential race. Never before in the modern era have two presumptive nominees met on the debate stage so early in the general election season. Never before have two White House contenders faced off at such advanced ages, with widespread questions about their readiness.

And never before has a general election debate participant been saddled with a felony conviction. The debate-stage meeting comes just two weeks before Trump is scheduled to be sentenced on 34 felony counts in his New York hush money trial.

“You can argue this will be the most important debate, at least in my lifetime,” said Democratic strategist Jim Messina, 54, who managed former President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign.

PRESSURE ON BIDEN

The ground rules for Thursday’s debate, the first of two scheduled meetings, are unusual.

The candidates agreed to meet at a CNN studio in Atlanta with no audience. Each candidate’s microphone will be muted, except when it’s his turn to speak. No props or prewritten notes will be allowed onstage. The candidates will be given only a pen, a pad of paper and a bottle of water.

There will be no opening statements. A coin flip determined that Biden would stand at the podium to the viewer’s right, while Trump would deliver the final closing statement.

The next debate won’t be until September. Any stumbles Thursday will be hard to erase or replace quickly.………..

It’s pretty clear to me that this controversy is pretty much press-driven. It’s getting them plenty of clicks.
There are not any politicians of any gravitas within the party calling for Biden to step down.

Here is one question I have for SFL, though. Maybe he could explain why all of a sudden he is quoting the hated “corporate media” right and left and believing every anonymously sourced word they post?

I would really love to hear that one explained. 🤪

It’s pretty clear to me that this controversy is pretty much press-driven. It’s getting them plenty of clicks.
There are not any politicians of any gravitas within the party calling for Biden to step down.

Here is one question I have for SFL, though. Maybe he could explain why all of a sudden he is quoting the hated “corporate media” right and left and believing every anonymously sourced word they post?

I mean MT15 you ignore polling. So of course it's media driven.

There are reportedly letters circulating Congress asking for the president to step down.

The NYT just ran a story on what the donors are up to:

Once again, this board continues to try and gaslight itself.

P.S. I read today one of the plans is for the president to get to bed earlier. No more after 8pm evenings. They are so delusional, and tone deaf it's funny.

Wow. That's bad

Those who encountered the president in social settings sometimes left their interactions disturbed. Longtime friends of the Biden family, who spoke to me on the condition of anonymity, were shocked to find that the president did not remember their names. At a White House event last year, a guest recalled, with horror, realizing that the president would not be able to stay for the reception because, it was clear, he would not be able to make it through the reception. The guest wasn’t sure they could vote for Biden, since the guest was now open to an idea that they had previously dismissed as right-wing propaganda: The president may not really be the acting president after all.

BlueAnon:

There emerged a comical overlap between the beliefs of the nation’s most elite liberal Biden supporters and the beliefs of the most rabid and conspiratorial supporters of former President Trump. Resistance or QAnon, they shared a grand theory of America in 2024: There has to be a secret group of high-level government leaders who control Biden and who will soon set into motion their plan to replace Biden as the Democratic presidential nominee. Nothing else made sense. They were in full agreement.

BlueAnon:

There emerged a comical overlap between the beliefs of the nation’s most elite liberal Biden supporters and the beliefs of the most rabid and conspiratorial supporters of former President Trump. Resistance or QAnon, they shared a grand theory of America in 2024: There has to be a secret group of high-level government leaders who control Biden and who will soon set into motion their plan to replace Biden as the Democratic presidential nominee. Nothing else made sense. They were in full agreement.

Are you really posting Qanon crap? Why don't you cover the Trump child massage story? Pizzagate still worried about the pedo's?

Are you really posting Qanon crap? Why don't you cover the Trump child massage story? Pizzagate still worried about the pedo's?
I'm posting an excerpt of the article that talked about overlap between the nation's most elite Biden supports and QAnon.

Party leaders are not going to come out against their party's candidate, unless it is a done deal that Biden will step down. What they say in public is not proof of their real thoughts. I believe the rumors that there are letters and plans circulating that includes leadership.

Once again, this board continues to try and gaslight itself.

I don’t think anybody is gaslighting, I think people just don’t all agree on what needs to happen, yet.

I get it. You’ve made up your mind. I also think if you’re being honest, your admitted bias towards Biden is helping to shape your conclusion.

There’s unconfirmed reporting and anonymous sources and since the Democratic Party is a diverse coalition, I’m not surprised opinions vary. I think the interview is an important test tomorrow and a lot of people are waiting to see how that goes.

Party leaders are not going to come out against their party's candidate, unless it is a done deal that Biden will step down. What they say in public is not proof of their real thoughts. I believe the rumors that there are letters and plans circulating that includes leadership.

This board doesn't seem to understand real politics at all. Look at how similar all of the twitter messages from the governors are after the conference call. That's not happenstance.

I don’t think anybody is gaslighting, I think people just don’t all agree on what needs to happen, yet.

I get it. You’ve made up your mind. I also think if you’re being honest, your admitted bias towards Biden is helping to shape your conclusion.

There’s unconfirmed reporting and anonymous sources and since the Democratic Party is a diverse coalition, I’m not surprised opinions vary. I think the interview is an important test tomorrow and a lot of people are waiting to see how that goes.

It's not really anonymous sources at this point, not amongst the donor class. They are all starting to publicly with hold their funds.

Thanks for catching my glaring oversight. I completely overlooked that President and VP can't be from same state. I don't think Harris or Newsom would even try to get around it, so that ticket is definitely not happening.

I always know I'm not infallible or perfect, because of moments I have just like this. Hold on...wait a minute...I didn't die, my life hasn't fallen apart and the world hasn't been shattered. Hmmm, I guess admitting to making mistakes isn't so devastating after all.

This board doesn't seem to understand real politics at all. Look at how similar all of the twitter messages from the governors are on this. That's not happenstance.
Hi @J-DONK !
I just got home from multiple days of travel. Would you save me time and take a moment to fill me in please on how the various governors all seem to be similar in their messaging? Thanks in advance!

Hi @J-DONK !
I just got home from multiple days of travel. Would you save me time and take a moment to fill me in please on how the various governors all seem to be similar in their messaging? Thanks in advance!

Lol, sure:

"He has had our backs through COVID … the governors have his back," Walz said.

All that sounds similar because they were given messaging, which is normal.

All of the hopefuls aren't going to break rank on this when Biden is the person who can pick the nominee. In fact, the opposite, most of these people showed up in person to the meeting. Why? To suck up.

Among those at the White House were Gavin Newsom of California, Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan and Andy Beshear of Kentucky. All three have been floated as potential presidential candidates themselves.

Lapaz is correct. There is nothing to really gleam from official party messaging like that.

In fact, if you can read between the lines. The fact that these hopefuls showed up person does say something about what they really think.

This article that I linked before tells all the details that the White House and the media have been covering up. Biden is even worse off than I thought. OMG

My heart stopped as I extended my hand to greet the president. I tried to make eye contact, but it was like his eyes, though open, were not on. His face had a waxy quality. He smiled. It was a sweet smile. It made me sad in a way I can’t fully convey. I always thought — and I wrote — that he was a decent man. If ambition was his only sin, and it seemed to be, he had committed no sin at all by the standards of most politicians I had covered. He took my hand in his, and I was startled by how it felt. Not cold but cool. The basement was so warm that people were sweating and complaining that they were sweating. This was a silly black-tie affair. I said “hello.” His sweet smile stayed frozen. He spoke very slowly and in a very soft voice. “And what’s your name?” he asked.

Exiting the room after the photo, the group of reporters — not instigated by me, I should note — made guesses about how dead he appeared to be, percentage wise. “Forty percent?” one of them asked.

I'm posting an excerpt of the article that talked about overlap between the nation's most elite Biden supports and QAnon.

Why is it that you believe “corporate media” now, all of a sudden? But when they report on the depraved actions of Trump, they are all liars? Explain that to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom