First presidential debate (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Since we usually have a separate thread for these
    =================

NEW YORK (AP) — President Joe Biden begins an intense period of private preparations Friday at Camp David for what may be the most consequential presidential debate in decades.

The 81-year-old Democrat’s team is aware that he cannot afford an underwhelming performance when he faces Republican rival Donald Trump for 90 minutes on live television Thursday night. Biden’s team is expecting aggressive attacks on his physical and mental strength, his record on the economy and immigration and even his family.

Trump, 78 and ever confident, will stay on the campaign trail before going to his Florida estate next week for two days of private meetings as part of an informal prep process.

The former president’s allies are pushing him to stay focused on his governing plans, but they’re expecting him to be tested by pointed questions about his unrelenting focus on election fraud, his role in the erosion of abortion rights and his unprecedented legal baggage.

Thursday’s debate on CNN will be full of firsts, with the potential to reshape the presidential race. Never before in the modern era have two presumptive nominees met on the debate stage so early in the general election season. Never before have two White House contenders faced off at such advanced ages, with widespread questions about their readiness.

And never before has a general election debate participant been saddled with a felony conviction. The debate-stage meeting comes just two weeks before Trump is scheduled to be sentenced on 34 felony counts in his New York hush money trial.

“You can argue this will be the most important debate, at least in my lifetime,” said Democratic strategist Jim Messina, 54, who managed former President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign.

PRESSURE ON BIDEN

The ground rules for Thursday’s debate, the first of two scheduled meetings, are unusual.

The candidates agreed to meet at a CNN studio in Atlanta with no audience. Each candidate’s microphone will be muted, except when it’s his turn to speak. No props or prewritten notes will be allowed onstage. The candidates will be given only a pen, a pad of paper and a bottle of water.

There will be no opening statements. A coin flip determined that Biden would stand at the podium to the viewer’s right, while Trump would deliver the final closing statement.

The next debate won’t be until September. Any stumbles Thursday will be hard to erase or replace quickly.………..

Welp now you've proven your dishonest or have zero reading comprehension. So which is it? Are you dishonest or do you have zero reading comprehension? Either way no one should trust anything you say, because you're either being dishonest or you have zero understanding of what you read which means you have zero idea what you are talking about.

You may think this is a game between us, but I'm not playing games. I 100% sincere in what I say and I'm done letting immature, malignant behavior go buy without speaking up. If you want to know my mindset right now, let me sum it up by quoting one of my most inspirational historical figures, "More weight." I'll let you figure out who it was and the context of their quote yourself if you care to.

Now to justify all of the above you said I said:

This is what I said:

That is clearly me saying I would vote for the ticket which would mean the very alive Harris would be president. I also clearly said it would not be able voting for Biden, it would be about voting against Trump. In no way did I come close to saying that would vote for Biden's corpse.

So either you are intentionally being dishonest or you don't have a clue how to comprehend the things you read.
    You said what you said. I didn’t twist your words around, you just realized how crazy you sounded, and now you are trying to twist them to make you seem less crazy.

I’m not going to fault you for voting for Biden’s corpse any more than I am going to fault a Trump voter who sees Trump kill someone. The heart wants what the heart wants.

I’m just not taking voting advice from either of the two sides.

Once again it's the Trump cult wishes that to destroy democracy as we know it. If you fail to see the difference I don't know what else to say to you
    He knows what Trump winning brings and every indication from his posting history indicates it's exactly what he wants, despite all of his denials.

The cult of Trump mimics Trump in that they are dishonest about almost everything.

I believe that a major reason they do it on social media posts, like here on this board, is because they know they lose all credibility with everyone not in the cult of Trump if people know they are in the cult of Trump, so they deny being in the cult of Trump hoping that they can fool people into falling for the propaganda they shill for the cult of Trump.

in what way is democracy dead?
    We have a criminal running against a guy who has one foot in the coffin and the other on the banana peel. There is no way in hell (other than party heads saying so) that these two are the best candidates.

I’m good, you don’t need to tell me anything. Democracy is already dead, people are just now dancing with its corpse.
    No it's not dead, but I get why someone would say that. If they can convince people that democracy is dead, then maybe people won't bother voting. And if people don't bother voting, maybe Trump will win. And if Trump wins the the person saying that democracy's dead will get what they want which is the actual death of democracy.

If someone cared about democracy and thought it was dead, they'd try to bring it back to life. They wouldn't be basically telling people, "don't bother voting democracy is dead." That's how democracies actually die. Democracies die when the people who care about democracy let the people, who don't like democracy, convince them not to vote. That allows the people who don't like democracy to win elections that bring the death to democracy.

That is what Republicans have been doing for several decades and they are going to breach the door with this election if we don't bother voting because we be fooled into falsely believing that democracy is already dead.

By the way @el caliente, what's with your bizarre fixation on doing things to corpses?

You can miss me with “our cult is less crazy than their cult”
    Reading comprehension or dishonesty again. Which is it?

No one has come close to proving your point there's a cult around Biden, at least not on this board. The most obvious being that cult members never ever ever ever ever ever even think a single criticism of their dear leader let alone speak it or write. Everyone who has said they will vote for Biden has said several critical things of Biden, including me. That's the exact opposite of cult behavior.

On the other hand, devotees of Trump don't say anything critical of Trump outside a the very rare, very soft criticism thrown out as obvious chaff to get people off of their tail. Most the time it's a, "I"m critical of Trump" without actually saying anything critical of Trump. Saying you're critical of someone is not a criticism of that someone. It's just an empty, decoy statement thrown out as camouflage.

So miss me with the "miss me with 'our cult is less crazy than their cult'" BS. You're shoveling complete and utter, 100% concentrated, unadulterated, industrial strength BS with that.

No it's not dead, but I get why someone would say that. If they can convince people that democracy is dead, then maybe people won't bother voting. And if people don't bother voting, maybe Trump will win. And if Trump wins the the person saying that democracy's dead will get what they want which is the actual death of democracy.

If someone cared about democracy and thought it was dead, they'd try to bring it back to life. They wouldn't be basically telling people, "don't bother voting democracy is dead." That's how democracies actually die. Democracies die when the people who care about democracy let the people, who don't like democracy, convince them not to vote. That allows the people who don't like democracy to win elections that bring the death to democracy.

That is what Republicans have been doing for several decades and they are going to breach the door with this election if we don't bother voting because we be fooled into falsely believing that democracy is already dead.

By the way @el caliente, what's with your bizarre fixation on doing things to corpses?
    My fixation with corpses is no weirder than yours, after all, you have spent the entirety of this thread explaining why you are voting for one.

Reading comprehension or dishonesty again. Which is it?

No one has come close to proving your point there's a cult around Biden, at least not on this board. The most obvious being that cult members never ever ever ever ever ever even think a single criticism of their dear leader let alone speak it or write. Everyone who has said they will vote for Biden has said several critical things of Biden, including me. That's the exact opposite of cult behavior.

On the other hand, devotees of Trump don't say anything critical of Trump outside a the very rare, very soft criticism thrown out as obvious chaff to get people off of their tail. Most the time it's a, "I"m critical of Trump" without actually saying anything critical of Trump. Saying you're critical of someone is not a criticism of that someone. It's just an empty, decoy statement thrown out as camouflage.

So miss me with the "miss me with 'our cult is less crazy than their cult'" BS. You're shoveling complete and utter, 100% concentrated, unadulterated, industrial strength BS with that.
    Cults, you know how to spot them, or you are part of one.

What are your thoughts on John Secada?

I found this interesting:

And this is why Trump is desperately trying to get Democrats to replace Biden. It's Trump's best if not only chance to win the election and he and his campaign no it.

If Trump tells you, "you should do this" then the absolute best thing for you to do is the exact opposite of what he tells you should do. Everyone knows this about Trump so why are so many falling for this obviously desperate and deceptive ploy on Trump's part. If Trump and foreign actors and resident shills don't constantly bombard us with false and misleading information about Biden's fitness, there is no push by anyone to get Biden replaced.

Trump is trying to panic the heard into a stamped off the cliff and I'll be damned if way too many people are giving him what he wants. This panic inducing fear mongering is exactly how every fascist and every other flavor of tyrant rises to power. It's the only way they can rise to power.

Don't fall for the panic that Trump is trying to create. Instead, recognize that he's panicking about running against Biden. His camp is panicked because they know things are looking good for them. They wouldn't be panicked if things were looking good for them.

What’s wild is Trump was full of more crap than one of Biden’s diapers.
    Trump's lies were more full of crap than the diapers that it's been confirmed Trump wears and that he reeks from, because Trump's diapers are always full of crap.

No one has confirmed that Biden wears diapers. It's just an accusation Trump made when people found out Trump does wear diapers that are often crap filled.

Either way only Trump wears diapers or they both wear diapers, so it's a wash or a push at best when it comes to deciding who to vote for.

I’m just saying, if Biden loses in November, I’m going to feel really bad for you two for letting it happen.
    Cher bebe, bless your heart. Now don't you worry your little head none about that. Both of us will know that we did everything we could to keep Trump from winning. We're both going to be just fine. Now run along and play.

Ma’am this is an Arby’s drive through.
    So what's working at Arby's like? It must really suck to work at the worst fast food place there is. Keep your chin up, I've got all the confidence in the world that you'll eventually snag yourself a job at Taco Bell, then you'll really being living your dream.

And James Carvill is right.
    That's some mighty bright white presumption you're sporting there.'

Personally, all I have to go on is that I've never heard anyone who not white complain about the phrase communities of color. I've only heard two white boys complain about it. And if you didn't get the memo, white supremacists have allowed brown people into the white club, as long as their skin is light brown. They've transitioned from a monochrome scale to a grey scale.

You said what you said. I didn’t twist your words around, you just realized how crazy you sounded, and now you are trying to twist them to make you seem less crazy.
    Let's let the viewers at home decide which one of us is being dishonest and twisting words.

Viewers at home, I said this:
    I'll admit that if Biden dies, I'm still voting for the Biden-Harris ticket, because I'm casting my vote first and foremost against Trump and the corporate-christian-fascist cult that have devoted themselves to following him into seizing control of us and our government. By the way, that's what I mean when I say the cult of Trump.​

el caliente says I said this:
    ...you have this comment saying that they would vote for Biden’s corpse.​

So, viewers at home, which one of us dishonestly twisted words?
    • Give this post a Thumbs Up rating if you don't think I was the one who dishonestly twisted words.
    • Give this post a Chuckle rating if you think el caliente is the one who dishonestly twisted words.
    Voting will be open for the entire lifespan of this post.

Last edited:
    We have a criminal running against a guy who has one foot in the coffin and the other on the banana peel. There is no way in hell (other than party heads saying so) that these two are the best candidates.
    Between the two of them, the choice should be easy. And fwiw, I never wanted either of them to run. That said, when we're in the voting booth, we're going to have to make a choice. I mean, you can sit it out if you want, but all I know is I'm never, ever going to vote for a guy who fomented a riot which led to an attack on the Capitol building. I used to work there. That pissed me off to no end. Trump has absolutely no moral compass and doesn't care about the truth, only about himself.

Biden may be old (as is Trump) and may not be as sharp as he used to be, but we've done alright for the 3 1/2 years he's been President. He's got more than his share of shortcomings, but he's a far sight better option than Trump.

I'd rather he step aside and let another candidate go against Trump, but that has it's own set of risks.

And I do agree, these two are hardly the best candidates, but it is what it is. You can only vote for one of the candidates or not vote. Those are your only 2 options.

Cher bebe, bless your heart. Now don't you worry your little head none about that. Both of us will know that we did everything we could to keep Trump from winning. We're both going to be just fine. Now run along and play.
    Yes ma’am.

Let's let the viewers at home decide which one of us is being dishonest and twisting words.

Viewers at home, I said this:

el caliente says I said this:

So, viewers at home, which one of us dishonestly twisted words?
    • Give this post a Thumbs Up rating if you don't think I was the one who dishonestly twisted words.
    • Give this post a Chuckle rating if you think el caliente is the one who dishonestly twisted words.
    Voting will be open for the entire lifespan of this post.
    Im not the one who said that you would vote for Biden’s corpse, you are the one who said that you would vote for Biden’s corpse.

Between the two of them, the choice should be easy. And fwiw, I never wanted either of them to run. That said, when we're in the voting booth, we're going to have to make a choice. I mean, you can sit it out if you want, but all I know is I'm never, ever going to vote for a guy who fomented a riot which led to an attack on the Capitol building. I used to work there. That pissed me off to no end. Trump has absolutely no moral compass and doesn't care about the truth, only about himself.

Biden may be old (as is Trump) and may not be as sharp as he used to be, but we've done alright for the 3 1/2 years he's been President. He's got more than his share of shortcomings, but he's a far sight better option than Trump.

I'd rather he step aside and let another candidate go against Trump, but that has it's own set of risks.

And I do agree, these two are hardly the best candidates, but it is what it is. You can only vote for one of the candidates or not vote. Those are your only 2 options.
    There are more than two options on the ballot though. These two candidates aren’t the only two candidates that one can vote for.

As for me, I’m going to read up on the other party candidates. Surely someone out there can’t be worse than these two options.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom