First presidential debate (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Since we usually have a separate thread for these
    =================

NEW YORK (AP) — President Joe Biden begins an intense period of private preparations Friday at Camp David for what may be the most consequential presidential debate in decades.

The 81-year-old Democrat’s team is aware that he cannot afford an underwhelming performance when he faces Republican rival Donald Trump for 90 minutes on live television Thursday night. Biden’s team is expecting aggressive attacks on his physical and mental strength, his record on the economy and immigration and even his family.

Trump, 78 and ever confident, will stay on the campaign trail before going to his Florida estate next week for two days of private meetings as part of an informal prep process.

The former president’s allies are pushing him to stay focused on his governing plans, but they’re expecting him to be tested by pointed questions about his unrelenting focus on election fraud, his role in the erosion of abortion rights and his unprecedented legal baggage.

Thursday’s debate on CNN will be full of firsts, with the potential to reshape the presidential race. Never before in the modern era have two presumptive nominees met on the debate stage so early in the general election season. Never before have two White House contenders faced off at such advanced ages, with widespread questions about their readiness.

And never before has a general election debate participant been saddled with a felony conviction. The debate-stage meeting comes just two weeks before Trump is scheduled to be sentenced on 34 felony counts in his New York hush money trial.

“You can argue this will be the most important debate, at least in my lifetime,” said Democratic strategist Jim Messina, 54, who managed former President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign.

PRESSURE ON BIDEN

The ground rules for Thursday’s debate, the first of two scheduled meetings, are unusual.

The candidates agreed to meet at a CNN studio in Atlanta with no audience. Each candidate’s microphone will be muted, except when it’s his turn to speak. No props or prewritten notes will be allowed onstage. The candidates will be given only a pen, a pad of paper and a bottle of water.

There will be no opening statements. A coin flip determined that Biden would stand at the podium to the viewer’s right, while Trump would deliver the final closing statement.

The next debate won’t be until September. Any stumbles Thursday will be hard to erase or replace quickly.………..

I'm sure people did meet Joe in this period, and think his cognition was an issue.
    And not a single one of those hundreds of people, including Republicans, ever came forward?

Clooney raised millions of dollars and waited two weeks after the debate before coming forward?

One has to do serious mental gymnastics to make any rational sense out of that.

And not a single one of those hundreds of people, including Republicans, ever came forward?

Clooney raised millions of dollars and waited two weeks after the debate before coming forward?

One has to do serious mental gymnastics to make any rational sense out of that.

As I wrote and linked to - Clooney and his wife has other reasons for doing this too. Things that has happened after the fundraiser

And that folks is truth of exactly why Trump and foreign adversaries are pulling out every dirty trick in the dirty trick playbook to get those of us who stand against Trump and fascism in America to overreact, panic and rip each other apart.

That's the only prayer they have of Trump winning the election and they desperately want Trump to win the election.

If we all get behind Biden, he could "fall asleep in the middle of 5th Avenue and he'd still win the election. If we all get behind whoever the Democratic candidate is we will defeat Trump and American fascism.

I'll repeat my unequivocal pledge, the very second that the Democratic candidate is certified, they will have my full unconditional and uncritical support, and my vote. They'll have that no matter who they are and no matter what grievances, dislikes, fears or concerns I may have.

They get my full unconditional and uncritical support, and my vote until the day after the election, because any personal issues I have have to take a back seat to defeating Trump and American fascism.

Will anyone else unequivocally and unambiguously pledge the same? Rhetorical question or actual question, your choice.

Last edited:
    They openly discussed no longer doing evening events because of his sundowning.
    Quote one named, reputable source that has said clearly and specifically that Biden is "sundowning."

When you have to make up stuff like this to justify what you believe, what you believe isn't grounded in reality or rational.

Just in case people don't know, sundowing is not just getting tired or fading later in the day. It's a very specific and very different thing. Biden's debate performance and his rally the next morning are strong evidence that Biden is not sundowning.

Last edited:
    Who used the term sundowning? There are, as far as I know, zero credible reports of a diagnosed cognitive condition.
    Yeah, there are no credible reports, because there's no truth to it.

It's just made up stuff, a statement made out of ignorance, or parroting what they heard someone else say.

Last edited:
    He said on the call with the governors he was no longer doing events after 8pm.
    That doesn't mean he's sundowning. That you jump straight to that conclusion says a lot about where you're operating from and it's not reason, facts or knowledge.

No, that part was a joke, but I do think it points to him not having a "full schedule" which was the discussion.
    Oh, I see, so it only became a joke after you tried unsuccessfully to justify saying it.

If it was a joke, why try to justify it and then only say it was a joke after your attempted justification was thoroughly refuted?

Why not just say it was a joke right off the bat?

It doesn't add up to me.

Last edited:
    You just completely disregarded the actual discussion to go down this tangent on something that if you re-read was clearly tongue, and cheek.
    Then why not just say right off the bat it was tongue and cheek?

Why try to justify it first?

So much denial.

Clooney isn’t the only person who said Biden was senile at the fundraiser. Everyone who was there saw it.

Because it adds an element of democracy to choose the VP.
    You know what's completely democratic. The primary process that Biden and Harris won. You've got no problem undoing that democratic will of the voters, but you it's important to you to add a little element of democracy to the very undemocratic process you want to very badly to happen.

Last edited:
    I mentioned this in previous posts. If Biden stays in the race, the emphatic calls that were made for him to step aside can’t really be walked back.

Dear Taylor,

Please refrain from saying anything more about any candidates until after the candidate is certified.

With gratitude,
    Concerned Citizen

Yes he did. And Clooney said he's known for quite some time that Biden wasn't fit. So, why did Clooney wait until today?

What changed in the past two weeks that caused Clooney to go from raising millions of dollars for Biden who he "knew was unfit," two very publicly and very humiliatingly throwing Biden under the bus today?

George implied that he's known Biden was unfit farther back than the debates. So why continue to fund raise for him and then wait two weeks after the piling on that followed the debate to go public with "what I know."

My guess is George and Amal felt their fund raising bought influence they didn't end up having, so now they are retaliating by trying to push him out of the way to get a candidated they think will give them what they want. It fits everything I've heard about George from multiple credible sources that have worked with him.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Many other people who were at the fundraiser have said the same thing.

No, I’m not finding links for you. It’s not my job to inform you.

Since you won't read the article before discarding it. This wasn't a simple sit down. This is talking about one of their meetings in March. This article is an extremely deep dive into Trump's campaign.
    Was the reporter there in secret or did they know he was there?

In the secretly recorded video of Trump, which meant Trump had no reason to not be candid and sincere, Trump very obviously was happy about the idea of Biden dropping out and bragged about making Biden drop out.

It's the most compelling evidence of what Trump truly wants and it shows he absolutely wants Biden out of the race, even after the debate.

That's compelling evidence that shows Trump sees Biden as a threat.

Every time someone mentions Trump doesn't want Biden out of the race and doesn't see him as threat. I'm going to remind everyone of that candid and sincere video of Trump which shows he clearly wants Biden out of the race. Trump would only want that if he saw Biden as a threat.

I'll also remind everyone that Trump's internal polling is showing him that Biden is a threat or he wouldn't be trying to force Biden out of the race.

Last edited:
    This is using old fashion systems. Hire the American Idol online voter website developer. This could be done in days. It’s not rocket science.
    Speaking of rocket science, you just flew the galaxy.

Seriously, you want to turn the presidential process into a reality tv show and put voting on websites.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!!!!

Stop. Breathe. Think.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom