Federal Law Enforcement Use Unmarked Vehicles To Grab Protesters Off Portland Streets (UPDATE: Trump admin. deploying federal LE to cities) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dragon

Staff member
    Reaction score
    “All United States Marshals Service arrestees have public records of arrest documenting their charges. Our agency did not arrest or detain Mark James Pettibone.”

OPB sent DHS an extensive list of questions about Pettibone’s arrest including: What is the legal justification for making arrests away from federal property? What is the legal justification for searching people who are not participating in criminal activity? Why are federal officers using civilian vehicles and taking people away in them? Are the arrests federal officers make legal under the constitution? If so, how?

After 7 p.m. Thursday, a DHS spokesperson responded, on background, that they could confirm Wolf was in Portland during the day. The spokesperson didn’t acknowledge the remaining questions.

This story is very troublesome.

but... but.... that’s not what Tim Pool and Ian Miles Cheong and Andy Ngo are telling us. So it’s impossible!

It really strains credulity that people like those partisan shills have convinced people that they are journalists. One of them tweeted this morning, “watch this Breitbart video on Facebook!” as proof.

Nonsense and partisan hackery interspersed with “click this link to send me money!” pleas.
    well, to be fair, we don't really know what SFL thinks about the tweets because there was no real commentary to the post. I think that post illustrates why it's important to adhere to the point that Andrus raised:

“So whenever you post such links on this particular board, you need to comment, and not just three words like "Here it is" or "So it begins". You should comment on why you posted it, and/or offer your own opinion regarding what you are linking to. Add some substance.”

I've had posts reported that offered just tweets and I had to go back and add to it.

And that's fine - I don't mind. And I think discussions like this are a good example of why that rule is in place. Perhaps with a bit more 'opinion' or 'some substance' in addition to the 'naked links' we could talk about the credibility of the source, as an example?
    Oh look. Not only did you respond to a naked link post, but you didn't complain about it. Spare me you future lectures on the subject if you only do it for partisan reasons.

https://katu.com/news/local/hundreds-of-protesters-surround-portland-justice-center

I thought with the mercs gone, it was all peaceful and love from here on out? Funny how the violence and lawlessness continues even after the 'cause' has been removed. Maybe the feds were not the cause of violence after all? Maybe this isn't the movement everyone was led to believe?

From the link you posted..... Today is August 5, 2020 but you know what today's date is and we all see what you are trying to. Either that are you didn't even read the article.

1596665279729.png

This should have been a tell-tale sign for you.... It's the very first sentence of the article.
    1596665498575.png

https://katu.com/news/local/hundreds-of-protesters-surround-portland-justice-center

I thought with the mercs gone, it was all peaceful and love from here on out? Funny how the violence and lawlessness continues even after the 'cause' has been removed. Maybe the feds were not the cause of violence after all? Maybe this isn't the movement everyone was led to believe?
    Matt Taibbi had the best description that I've seen on the movement:

"an elite-sponsored Maoist revolt, couched as a Black liberation movement whose canonical texts are a corporate consultant's white guilt self-help manual"

20200704_182008.png

20200704_182011.png

So no comment on that article being 3 months old?

No?

Well here is an article from today about the environmental destruction we are dealing with. Hopefully the salmon that are protected will Know to avoid the tear gas

3 months old? Really?

We should get an apology about the same time Trump admits culpability for anything that has happened bad while he was president.

I would like to apologize for my sin.
    I posted an article that was several months old. No excuse and thank you all for being so kind and understanding and kindly pointing that out.
    I would personally like to apologize to @Nebaghead, @Saintamaniac and especially @CoolBrees for it appears that my recent action has hurt them the most. I am sorry. I take full responsibility.

I hope, we can now move on with our thread.

Cheers

PS and edited: My original premise still stands. The BLM movement is not about racial injustice, is not a grassroots movement, and is not a peaceful movement. If it were, most Americans would be behind it. As it stands now, most American's are seeing through it IMO.

@Farb -

You are a good dude, and I appreciate your comments here, I really do. If I have come off as personal, I apologize, I take it personally because it was here in my home.

I know that it was a mistake and not malicious that you posted it. I get the sense that you have strong feelings about this and yet you have never attacked anyone personally. You are one of the reasons I post on this board honestly. You and I seem to have diametrically opposed ideas, and I live in a place where I don’t get enough of that.

The fact is, as Americans we have to start talking to each other again and not at each other. The social media thingys are not conversations. They are one way communication. But here your or my opinion can be expressed but more importantly challenged. It isn’t until you start to look at something in a different light that you can start to see differently

I would like to apologize for my sin.
    I posted an article that was several months old. No excuse and thank you all for being so kind and understanding and kindly pointing that out.
    I would personally like to apologize to @Nebaghead, @Saintamaniac and especially @CoolBrees for it appears that my recent action has hurt them the most. I am sorry. I take full responsibility.

I hope, we can now move on with our thread.

Cheers

PS and edited: My original premise still stands. The BLM movement is not about racial injustice, is not a grassroots movement, and is not a peaceful movement. If it were, most Americans would be behind it. As it stands now, most American's are seeing through it IMO.
    Anyone who is willing to come back and admit when they are wrong gets a level of respect in my book. We don't agree on anything that I'm aware of but I respect when someone admits when they are wrong. Good on you.

Anyone who is willing to come back and admit when they are wrong gets a level of respect in my book. We don't agree on anything that I'm aware of but I respect when someone admits when they are wrong. Good on you.
    I don't think he deserves all that credit. That was the most passive-aggressive non-apology I've ever seen from someone who was so blatantly proven wrong.

So now we can get back to business. You are wrong about BLM. It is exactly about racial injustice. It was started because of the way the police so easily kill blacks with seemingly little to no repercussions as if killing a black person was automatically justified....as if black lives didn't matter. The movement itself has been peaceful. However, there have been some who have taken advantage of the movement to try to cause havoc. In case you haven't noticed across the country, most Americans ARE behind the movement. The only people against the movement are those claiming that it's not about racial justice, it's not a grassroots movement and it's not peaceful. People around the world support BLM because after what happened to George Floyd, everyone got a glimpse of why BLM exists.

I don't think he deserves all that credit. That was the most passive-aggressive non-apology I've ever seen from someone who was so blatantly proven wrong.
    I was actually sincere. I forked up. I am usually pretty good at trying to post reliant stuff and I messed up. I thought the call out was a little much but I would have done the exact same thing if one of you posted old material. Grand scheme of things, it is not a big deal but at the same time, it makes is difficult to have a honest dialogue.

So now we can get back to business. You are wrong about BLM. It is exactly about racial injustice. It was started because of the way the police so easily kill blacks with seemingly little to no repercussions as if killing a black person was automatically justified....as if black lives didn't matter. The movement itself has been peaceful. However, there have been some who have taken advantage of the movement to try to cause havoc. In case you haven't noticed across the country, most Americans ARE behind the movement. The only people against the movement are those claiming that it's not about racial justice, it's not a grassroots movement and it's not peaceful. People around the world support BLM because after what happened to George Floyd, everyone got a glimpse of why BLM exists.
    That is a good starter. Maybe we can create a thread for all things BLM so as not to muck up other threads that all have the BLM under tone, like this one for example.
    That thread will get heated I would imagine, but we are all adults here and can handle a few hurt feelings and push back on ideas that we believe are 'concrete'.

I was actually sincere. I forked up. I am usually pretty good at trying to post reliant stuff and I messed up. I thought the call out was a little much but I would have done the exact same thing if one of you posted old material. Grand scheme of things, it is not a big deal but at the same time, it makes is difficult to have a honest dialogue.
    Hey, man. If that was sincere, then I retract my previous post. Good on you.

Hey, man. If that was sincere, then I retract my previous post. Good on you.
    Your good, If I had to read my crap every day on here I would have thought I was being snarky as well, so I don't fault you at all, in fact, I reread my apology and I think you were justified in reading it that way. It does come off a little snarky but it was not meant to be.

That is a good starter. Maybe we can create a thread for all things BLM so as not to muck up other threads that all have the BLM under tone, like this one for example.
    That thread will get heated I would imagine, but we are all adults here and can handle a few hurt feelings and push back on ideas that we believe are 'concrete'.
    Allow me to ask this question as a follow up. Would you say that the pro-life movement is about the right to life and is it a grassroots and peaceful movement? I'm not equating one with the other, I'm just gauging how you see it especially since you seem to be a republican.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom