Federal Law Enforcement Use Unmarked Vehicles To Grab Protesters Off Portland Streets (UPDATE: Trump admin. deploying federal LE to cities) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dragon

Staff member
    Reaction score
    “All United States Marshals Service arrestees have public records of arrest documenting their charges. Our agency did not arrest or detain Mark James Pettibone.”

OPB sent DHS an extensive list of questions about Pettibone’s arrest including: What is the legal justification for making arrests away from federal property? What is the legal justification for searching people who are not participating in criminal activity? Why are federal officers using civilian vehicles and taking people away in them? Are the arrests federal officers make legal under the constitution? If so, how?

After 7 p.m. Thursday, a DHS spokesperson responded, on background, that they could confirm Wolf was in Portland during the day. The spokesperson didn’t acknowledge the remaining questions.

This story is very troublesome.

I never claimed it wasn't worth monitoring and investigating. What I said was the national media and Democrats have acted like Proud Boys are larger than they really are while they act like the left wing rioters and anarchists are smaller and less of a concern.

You know at some point when a person defends white supremacists groups we eventually have to believe that they have no problems what so ever with the way they think.

I am talking about the president now.

If you keep the defense up what are we to think about what you believe?

I never claimed it wasn't worth monitoring and investigating. What I said was the national media and Democrats have acted like Proud Boys are larger than they really are while they act like the left wing rioters and anarchists are smaller and less of a concern.
    I won't deny the mainstream media clearly does not like Trump. That said, Trump courts groups like the Proud Boys -- not openly but in such a hamfisted way it's patently obvious. Biden, from what I've seen, does not court, pander, or dog-whistle to Antifa. A legitimate reason for the media -- mainstream or otherwise -- to consider them a greater threat as they are given the mark of approval by the sitting government. I don't recall Obama making similar overtures to far left/radical groups but I could be mistaken.

Going to edit this to present a hypothetical. Let's flip the script and say the majority of the media was conservative: somewhere between Fox and OAN. Bernie Sanders is the President and -- purely for the purposes of this hypothetical -- engages in the same kind of obvious dog-whistling that Trump does except it's to Antifa/the radical left. He refuses to denounce the rioting, etc. etc. In that scenario I would not be more concerned if the media were decrying Bernie for his obvious dog-whistling and unbecoming behavior. I would be more concerned with the sitting President -- who was in control of the government -- openly fomenting division/hatred of red states, encouraging voter suppression against conservatives, etc.

In relation to the President of the United States, the media has little actual power. So, yes, I think it's more worrying when William Bar goes on to Fox News and says the Democrats are essentially evil and seeking to ruin America than CNN saying Bar is a corrupt little toad. I don't recall a sitting attorney general in recent history being so highly partisan or spewing what is essentially propaganda. Janet Reno had some huge blunders but that was more a competency issue/making awful decisions.

The Trump administration is historically abhorrent and has inflicted irreparable damage to the political system regardless of whether one agrees or disagrees with the end results of its policies.

Last edited:
    It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

That is beautiful.

Hey gay men are definitely a strong group and are not afraid of a fight
    Heck the gay population of New Orleans took over the hood and made everything the other side of the quarter worth a ton. They put up with a bunch of crap until property values went up.

I am proud of them boys!

It has been going on at reddit/all all week. At first I was confused but I figured it out quickly enough. I didn't think that it was funny but I do now.

This article is extremely concerning. It makes the claim that federal police executed Michael Reinoehl in broad daylight, with zero attempt to apprehend him.

This article is extremely concerning. It makes the claim that federal police executed Michael Reinoehl in broad daylight, with zero attempt to apprehend him.

Just sprinkle some crack on him and lets get out of here.

I am becoming more and more unapologeticaly anti-police with each passing day. I've never been so happy that the NOPD is underfunded already and doesn't even have enough cops to patrol the strWeta outside of high crime areas.

That Rheinhold article is forking terrifying.

AP analysis of court filings in hundreds of protest arrests finds most are suburban residents with little to no criminal history or connection of organized leftist extremists.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom