Federal criminal investigation Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings (Update: DOJ appoints special counsel) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia and the widow of Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, Senate Republicans revealed in their report on the younger Biden’s work in Ukraine.

Baturina is referenced in the 87-page report, which was released Wednesday, addressing her payment to Biden’s investment firm in early 2014.

“Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor,” it said in providing background on the businesswoman.

The report described her involvement with Biden as “a financial relationship,” but declined to delve deeper into why the wire transfer was made.

The probe also found that Baturina sent 11 wires transfers between May and December 2015 to a bank account belonging to BAK USA, a tech startup that filed for bankruptcy in March 2019.

Nine of those 11 wire transfers were first sent to Rosemont Seneca Partners, the investment firm founded by Biden and Chris Heinz, stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry, before being transferred to BAK USA.

We all know their is massive corruption on both sides of the aisle. Here is an alleged allegation against Hunter Biden who was allegedly enriching himself because his Dad was Vice President.

He'd be fine if he didn't have the baggage he does. He's got some skeletons in his closet that would hurt him in a general election. Trump may be immune to it, but Newsom wouldn't have that luxury. It stinks, but that's politics these days.

What baggage does Newsom have? I'm just curious because I honestly don't know.

Once the transcripts became available the idea that there was something unethical going on between Joe Biden and Burisma fell apart yet again. Republicans are clowning themselves over these “investigations”.

Shapley told the committee that as an investigator for the IRS, he obtained messages Hunter Biden sent on the WhatsApp platform, including one that he read demanding payment from a Chinese businessman named Henry Zhao. In the message, Biden appeared to suggest that he was sitting with his father, then the former vice president, saying, "I will make certain that between the man sitting next to me and every person he knows and my ability to forever hold a grudge that you will regret not following my direction."

So, not only was Hunter into bribe-seeking, he crossed the line from that to extortion.
    Caught red handed and you still have people claiming there's nothing there.

I am all for impeachments if it's shown that Biden/DOJ preferentially interfered.
    Same here! I'll also add that if this IRS whistleblower has fabricated this alleged What's app text chain then he and those propagating these allegations should be put under the jail.

How does an IRS agent acquire a WhatsApp text chain?

Same here! I'll also add that if this IRS whistleblower has fabricated this alleged What's app text chain then he and those propagating these allegations should be put under the jail.

How does an IRS agent acquire a WhatsApp text chain?
    I'm still waiting for an explanation of how private citizen Hunter Biden threatening to tell his father, private citizen Joe Biden what a person he is trying to complete a business deal with is evidence of some kind of illegal corruption.

Associated Press online article from Sat. July 8th....

Associated Press online article from Sat. July 8th....

Next, they'll investigate allegations of Hunter Biden microwaving his burrito in tin foil.

The there is this...
    They left on Friday, which was known. She made a mistake and said Thursday. It’s nothing more than that. This whole issue is really sort of nauseating. The press, especially the more conservative (and unencumbered by facts media) are really unfairly targeting a private citizen. Hunter has nothing to do with the administration, is battling a drug addiction and I think Joe is keeping him close to make sure he doesn’t stumble.

Edited to add: Hunter is 4 years into his recovery from his drug addiction.

I fully expect this to have been left by either a low level staffer or a visitor over the weekend where there were several public tours. The area where it was found is where these tours originate and where the staff comes and goes.

Common decency should dictate that everyone waits until the investigation is completed. But evidently that isn’t possible.

Last edited:
    They left on Friday, which was known. She made a mistake and said Thursday. It’s nothing more than that. This whole issue is really sort of nauseating. The press, especially the more conservative (and unencumbered by facts media) are really unfairly targeting a private citizen. Hunter has nothing to do with the administration, is battling a drug addiction and I think Joe is keeping him close to make sure he doesn’t stumble.

I fully expect this to have been left by either a low level staffer or a visitor over the weekend where there were several public tours. The area where it was found is where these tours originate and where the staff comes and goes.

Common decency should dictate that everyone waits until the investigation is completed. But evidently that isn’t possible.
    I also think it might have been planted by someone on a tour of the White House just to spin up this exact controversy and distraction. As someone said early, this has Project Veritas/O'Keefe written all over it.

I hope that whoever left it there for whatever reason was caught on security video, so that it gets resolved conclusively.

If it was Hunter, I hope that he's treated the same way we would be treated.

I also think it might have been planted by someone on a tour of the White House just to spin up this exact controversy and distraction. As someone said early, this has Project Veritas/O'Keefe written all over it.

I hope that whoever left it there for whatever reason was caught on security video, so that it gets resolved conclusively.

If it was Hunter, I hope that he's treated the same way we would be treated.
    I read in that NBC article that this bag is so small that they aren’t sure the cameras will have picked up someone putting it down. I guess we will just have to wait and see, but if someone did plant it I would imagine they would attempt to hide their actions from the cameras anyway.

I read in that NBC article that this bag is so small that they aren’t sure the cameras will have picked up someone putting it down. I guess we will just have to wait and see, but if someone did plant it I would imagine they would attempt to hide their actions from the cameras anyway.
    I hadn't heard that it was too small to be able to detect on camera. It'll suck if they can't determine conclusively how it got there.

If someone did plant it, I don't doubt they would try to hide their actions. I also don't doubt they get caught at such a high rate, because they usually suck at hiding their actions.

Last edited:
    A perspective on the Hunter Biden investigation from one of his defense team who happens to be Republican. He explains how the alleged laptop data is BS.

Caught red handed and you still have people claiming there's nothing there.
    For this testimony to mean anything you will need to examine this person and explain a couple of things. Why have people (including impartial experts) discredited his assertions? Why has he been so eager to testify before the House, yet he refuses to testify before the Senate?

One answer could be this: he’s a disgruntled, partisan employee who seeks to discredit the Biden Administration.

Also, I would like to hear from you specifically about his testimony on that supposed WhatsApp message. First of all, we only have his word that it exists and second, even if it does exist and he has remembered it correctly, what do you think it proves? I would love to hear that, because if you operate in facts, it doesn’t prove a damn thing.

This is close to how I feel about this. Hunter Biden, a private citizen who has never sought public office, has had nearly unprecedented abuses of his right to privacy. He was either hacked, possibly by another nation, or a computer repair shop owner violated his privacy, perhaps criminally. (he is suing the repair shop owner, because he didn’t wait the entire year that is required before assuming he had ownership of the laptop). Rs have done the most damage here, and they have done it cruelly and taken joy in their cruelty.

This is close to how I feel about this. Hunter Biden, a private citizen who has never sought public office, has had nearly unprecedented abuses of his right to privacy. He was either hacked, possibly by another nation, or a computer repair shop owner violated his privacy, perhaps criminally. (he is suing the repair shop owner, because he didn’t wait the entire year that is required before assuming he had ownership of the laptop). Rs have done the most damage here, and they have done it cruelly and taken joy in their cruelty.

While I get what you're saying, and he's doesn't deserve all of that, all of this comes with the territory when your dad is POTUS. Joe knew his son was gonna draw a lot of attention when he announced his run for President.

Family members are almost always collateral damage when someone becomes President, whether justified or not, it is what it is.

I mean, I can look at every administration since Reagan and immediately think of someone in the family who got outsized negative or controversial attention.

Reagan - Nancy
    Bush Sr. - Jr.
    Clinton - Hillary and Chelsea
    Bush Jr - Jenna
    Obama - Michelle
    Trump - take your pick, lol
    Biden - Hunter

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed