Federal criminal investigation Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings (Update: DOJ appoints special counsel) (7 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia and the widow of Yury Luzhkov, the former mayor of Moscow, Senate Republicans revealed in their report on the younger Biden’s work in Ukraine.

Baturina is referenced in the 87-page report, which was released Wednesday, addressing her payment to Biden’s investment firm in early 2014.

“Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor,” it said in providing background on the businesswoman.

The report described her involvement with Biden as “a financial relationship,” but declined to delve deeper into why the wire transfer was made.

The probe also found that Baturina sent 11 wires transfers between May and December 2015 to a bank account belonging to BAK USA, a tech startup that filed for bankruptcy in March 2019.

Nine of those 11 wire transfers were first sent to Rosemont Seneca Partners, the investment firm founded by Biden and Chris Heinz, stepson of former Secretary of State John Kerry, before being transferred to BAK USA.

We all know their is massive corruption on both sides of the aisle. Here is an alleged allegation against Hunter Biden who was allegedly enriching himself because his Dad was Vice President.

While I get what you're saying, and he's doesn't deserve all of that, all of this comes with the territory when your dad is POTUS. Joe knew his son was gonna draw a lot of attention when he announced his run for President.

Family members are almost always collateral damage when someone becomes President, whether justified or not, it is what it is.

I mean, I can look at every administration since Reagan and immediately think of someone in the family who got outsized negative or controversial attention.

Reagan - Nancy
    Bush Sr. - Jr.
    Clinton - Hillary and Chelsea
    Bush Jr - Jenna
    Obama - Michelle
    Trump - take your pick, lol
    Biden - Hunter
    It's particularly interesting that the attention to presidential children changed with Chelsea and the contract with America crowd (newt Gingrich
    ). Before then, it was understood that presidential children was somewhat off limits. Reagan's kid didn't get scrutinized till the savings and loan scandal. Bush senior's children wasnt covered. Hillary and Nancy had direct influences on policy so that is fair play. As does Jared and Ivanka. Don jr and the Eric have microphones asking for attention. The last kid doesn't get scrutinized much because she neither craves attention nor affects policy. Chelsea and the rest of Obama's family in effect were treated as celebrity with a paparazzi following. Michelle Obama had a vitriol and venomous coverage from the rw media. They compared her looks to that of primates.

And hunter with all his demons shouldn't be this bad. They are actively using him to score political points, despite his detachment from any policy decisions. I just now had to Google to confirm Reagan's kid drug abuse episodes because I remember stories that came out long after Reagan's presidency. Hunter on the other hand is an active political story. Even after investigations that exonerated his burisma ties...he is still a target. Cocaine found...oh it's hunters. Using his name to make money, oh it's corruption. Bush jr made a fortune from his name with the rangers and Texas oil. Don jr and Eric flew to India and other foreign countries after trump won and made deals. Jared and Ivanka...yeah.

Carter had his brother and Billy Beer.

I am of the mind that family is off-limits unless said family member is closely involved in day-to-day affairs or policy making. Trading on a family name has been done likely for centuries but it really wasn’t much of an issue until the last about 50 years. Minor children should be left the flock alone. I remember how Chelsea was treated. That was disgusting. Obama’s kids weren’t treated much better. Just think about the uproar if Barron were blasted by the media.

It's particularly interesting that the attention to presidential children changed with Chelsea and the contract with America crowd (newt Gingrich
    ). Before then, it was understood that presidential children was somewhat off limits. Reagan's kid didn't get scrutinized till the savings and loan scandal. Bush senior's children wasnt covered. Hillary and Nancy had direct influences on policy so that is fair play. As does Jared and Ivanka. Don jr and the Eric have microphones asking for attention. The last kid doesn't get scrutinized much because she neither craves attention nor affects policy. Chelsea and the rest of Obama's family in effect were treated as celebrity with a paparazzi following. Michelle Obama had a vitriol and venomous coverage from the rw media. They compared her looks to that of primates.

And hunter with all his demons shouldn't be this bad. They are actively using him to score political points, despite his detachment from any policy decisions. I just now had to Google to confirm Reagan's kid drug abuse episodes because I remember stories that came out long after Reagan's presidency. Hunter on the other hand is an active political story. Even after investigations that exonerated his burisma ties...he is still a target. Cocaine found...oh it's hunters. Using his name to make money, oh it's corruption. Bush jr made a fortune from his name with the rangers and Texas oil. Don jr and Eric flew to India and other foreign countries after trump won and made deals. Jared and Ivanka...yeah.
    Lol, Bush Sr...Neil Bush doesn't ring a bell? Jr. With the whole alcohol abuse thing. Guess you missed the memo there. Those were absolutely covered in the news. Nancy...the jokes were savage, and with the weird sheet she was involved with, kinda deserved that.

With family members, I'm including spouses because yeah, they get it too, fairly or unfairly.

Carter had his brother and Billy Beer.

I am of the mind that family is off-limits unless said family member is closely involved in day-to-day affairs or policy making. Trading on a family name has been done likely for centuries but it really wasn’t much of an issue until the last about 50 years. Minor children should be left the flock alone. I remember how Chelsea was treated. That was disgusting. Obama’s kids weren’t treated much better. Just think about the uproar if Barron were blasted by the media.
    Sure, but people forget Barron was covered. Certainly not as much as others because of his age, but there was definitely a lot of talk in social media about him. Even in some news outlets.

And I generally agree. The issue with Hunter is he did trade on his dad's name, but he also had a whole host of other issues which makes for tantalizing news. Like I said, fair or not, it is what it is and comes with the territory.

Sure, but people forget Barron was covered. Certainly not as much as others because of his age, but there was definitely a lot of talk in social media about him. Even in some news outlets.

And I generally agree. The issue with Hunter is he did trade on his dad's name, but he also had a whole host of other issues which makes for tantalizing news. Like I said, fair or not, it is what it is and comes with the territory.
    Anti-social media is psychotic.

I won’t argue that It is what it is. I will argue that the right especially the right in congress is acting like this is something on some enormous scale causing permanent damage to the country and planet. Yeah, it is politics but it is also bullschlitz.

Every political family has a train wreck, sorry black sheep.

Betty Ford was well....

The Kennedy's have multiple - RFKJr and Teddy

W was a recovering alcoholic that had two DUIs in the 70's. You know how forked up you had to be to get a DUI in 1970's?

Bill Clinton's Brother Roger

President Obama has that crazy uncle in Africa

The trumps have TFG. And the rest of them. The one sane cousin is the black sheep I suppose

Biden's is Hunter.

The guy needs to have some slack cut his way.

Hunter had his mom and sister die, and then his bigger than life hero brother dies and his dad is a Senator and VP while he is young. Feeling like not measuring up to Beau or really missing your mom is enough to drive any normal family member to drugs and alcohol. They just don't normally have their dad be the President.

The indignant shock fro the right when anything was said about Cheeto jeebus' kids.

They were in his cabinet and they were aghast at the Liberals picking on poor Ivanka.

So what if she got millions in deals with the Chinese for her product lines. That's just good business.

Lol, Bush Sr...Neil Bush doesn't ring a bell? Jr. With the whole alcohol abuse thing. Guess you missed the memo there. Those were absolutely covered in the news. Nancy...the jokes were savage, and with the weird sheet she was involved with, kinda deserved that.

With family members, I'm including spouses because yeah, they get it too, fairly or unfairly.
    Yeah I was young then and apolitical in regard to bush Sr so I wouldn't remember. Which means only the nightly news. But in that regard, was it this level where the rw is making up stuff about hunter? I think Nancy and her position was warranted...not the vitriol but the criticism. As does Hillary. In regards to Hillary, I think misogyny played a role. But both had roles that affect policy.

But again, that doesn't explain the msm leaving Barron and Tiffany alone. I have to believe that if the drug abuse from Reagan's kids were not heavily covered then, and hunter's demon is apparently exploited today, the vitriol must be greater and for political purposes. Again, some have brought up other instances of past presidential children being nuisances. None I would think is at the level of hunter bidens.

Anti-social media is psychotic.

I won’t argue that It is what it is. I will argue that the right especially the right in congress is acting like this is something on some enormous scale causing permanent damage to the country and planet. Yeah, it is politics but it is also bullschlitz.
    Agreed.

Every political family has a train wreck, sorry black sheep.

Betty Ford was well....

The Kennedy's have multiple - RFKJr and Teddy

W was a recovering alcoholic that had two DUIs in the 70's. You know how forked up you had to be to get a DUI in 1970's?

Bill Clinton's Brother Roger

President Obama has that crazy uncle in Africa

The trumps have TFG. And the rest of them. The one sane cousin is the black sheep I suppose

Biden's is Hunter.

The guy needs to have some slack cut his way.

Hunter had his mom and sister die, and then his bigger than life hero brother dies and his dad is a Senator and VP while he is young. Feeling like not measuring up to Beau or really missing your mom is enough to drive any normal family member to drugs and alcohol. They just don't normally have their dad be the President.

The indignant shock fro the right when anything was said about Cheeto jeebus' kids.

They were in his cabinet and they were aghast at the Liberals picking on poor Ivanka.

So what if she got millions in deals with the Chinese for her product lines. That's just good business.
    Yep. Good recap, lol.

well this sounds legit
    ================

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones reacted to reports that cocaine was found at the White House by accusing President Joe Biden of plotting murder against Secret Service agents.....

Jones said the Secret Service was "fed up" with the Bidens, but agents feared for their lives if they implicated Hunter Biden.

"Those agents would be found dead in car wrecks or murder-suicides of their families within days," he insisted. "But the tyranny and the intimidation can only last so long."........

While I get what you're saying, and he's doesn't deserve all of that, all of this comes with the territory when your dad is POTUS. Joe knew his son was gonna draw a lot of attention when he announced his run for President.

Family members are almost always collateral damage when someone becomes President, whether justified or not, it is what it is.

I mean, I can look at every administration since Reagan and immediately think of someone in the family who got outsized negative or controversial attention.

Reagan - Nancy
    Bush Sr. - Jr.
    Clinton - Hillary and Chelsea
    Bush Jr - Jenna
    Obama - Michelle
    Trump - take your pick, lol
    Biden - Hunter
    None of them had their personal emails, photos and texts plastered all over though. The contents of that hard drive should have never been made public, similar to the contents of the daughters diary. Both were not obtained lawfully and there are lawsuits pending on both. I think the Biden family will prevail on both counts. These should both be considered outside of normal political gamesmanship. They’re dirty tricks, basically.

None of them had their personal emails, photos and texts plastered all over though. The contents of that hard drive should have never been made public, similar to the contents of the daughters diary. Both were not obtained lawfully and there are lawsuits pending on both. I think the Biden family will prevail on both counts. These should both be considered outside of normal political gamesmanship. They’re dirty tricks, basically.
    I'm not really speaking to specifics here. I'm just saying, whatever dirt is out there, the media is gonna use it.

I'm not really speaking to specifics here. I'm just saying, whatever dirt is out there, the media is gonna use it.
    Gotcha. I’m not blaming the media primarily, although there have been irresponsible media - NY Post, looking at you. I think the terrible trio of Bannon, Stone, and Giuliani bear the most responsibility along with Project Veritas, who purchased the diary from the young lady who stole it.

Gotcha. I’m not blaming the media primarily, although there have been irresponsible media - NY Post, looking at you. I think the terrible trio of Bannon, Stone, and Giuliani bear the most responsibility along with Project Veritas, who purchased the diary from the young lady who stole it.
    Sure, still, some of Hunter's issues are self-inflicted though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom