FBI official under investigation after allegedly altering document in 2016 Russia probe (DOJ IG Report thread) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

bdb13

Reaction score
    Washington (CNN) —
    An FBI official is under criminal investigation after allegedly altering a document related to 2016 surveillance of a Trump campaign adviser, several people briefed on the matter told CNN.

The possibility of a substantive change to an investigative document is likely to fuel accusations from President Donald Trump and his allies that the FBI committed wrongdoing in its investigation of connections between Russian election meddling and the Trump campaign.

The finding is expected to be part of Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz's review of the FBI's effort to obtain warrants under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act on Carter Page, a former Trump campaign aide. Horowitz will release the report next month.

Horowitz turned over evidence on the allegedly altered document to John Durham, the federal prosecutor appointed early this year by Attorney General William Barr to conduct a broad investigation of intelligence gathered for the Russia probe by the CIA and other agencies, including the FBI. The altered document is also at least one focus of Durham's criminal probe.

Terrible if true. Trump will obviously seize upon this.

Seriously? Cite my sources? You responded to my post where I did exactly that. The tweets included screen shots of the FBI files and I linked to the actual FBI files as well.

Right, and I then questioned your conclusion from those sources and said why I don't think that conclusion is correct, and went on to ask if there was anything else.

As I said before, that indictment was strictly meant to try to further the public case for Trump Russia conspiracy and Mueller knew it would never go to trial. The prosecutors and the New York Times are doing their best to spin this colossal failure, but it's yet another part of the case crumbling.

Here are two different Twitter threads talking about it:

Every Obama administration official who was interviewed under oath by Schiff's committee all said they saw no evidence of any conspiracy with Russia. Those Obama administration officials that were on CNN, MSNBC, etc were lying while on camera and singing a different tune under oath. This is even worse than I imagined.

For anyone who is interested, here is a huge amount of information about the Russia investigation and Crossfire Hurricane. It contains a bunch of different Twitter threads that all contain source material for the claims.

2016 - “Law and order. Law and order.”

2017 - present -“Law enforcement are witch hunters.“

You guys are a joke.
    The joke was the dipwads who called me a "conspiracy theorist" when I called this exactly like I saw it three years ago.
    It was the witch hunters turned law enforcement into a joke . . . a bad joke.
    What say we all binge watch Rachel Maddow's All Russia Collusion All the Time show from 2017 - 2019?

The joke was the dipwads who called me a "conspiracy theorist" when I called this exactly like I saw it three years ago.
    What say we all binge watch Rachel Maddow's All Russia Collusion All the Time show from 2017 - 2019?

Hi DadsDream,

Michael Flynn is a bad person. He was hoping to use his position as NSA to enrich himself.

He lied to the FBI about his foreign contacts.

Trump fired him for lying to the Vice President.

He plead guilty about lying to the FBI.

Regards.

Hi DadsDream,

Michael Flynn is a bad person. He was hoping to use his position as NSA to enrich himself.

He lied to the FBI about his foreign contacts.

Trump fired him for lying to the Vice President.

He plead guilty about lying to the FBI.

Regards.
    He was entrapped and the FBI even put it in writing that they were entrapping him . . . deliberately setting about to get him to lie so they could get him fired or send him to jail as part of a scheme in hopes of eventually get Trump.

Flynn's no angel.

But using fraud and deception to completely ruin a man's life for political reasons isn't the business the FBI is supposed to be in.

Hi DD!

The guy in question admitted his guilt.

Michael Flynn is United States Army lieutenant general. So not a moron by any stretch who was tricked.

So yes he did exactly what he was accused of.

That is not a win. It is a Mulligan because of the DOJ.

They have a saying that two wrongs don't make a right.

I guess it does in your world

2016 - “Law and order. Law and order.”

2017 - present -“Law enforcement are witch hunters.“

You guys are a joke.

You sound like someone who has just heard a bombshell, realizes the walls are closing in and it is the beginning of the end.

He was entrapped and the FBI even put it in writing that they were entrapping him . . . deliberately setting about to get him to lie so they could get him fired or send him to jail as part of a scheme in hopes of eventually get Trump.

Flynn's no angel.

But using fraud and deception to completely ruin a man's life for political reasons isn't the business the FBI is supposed to be in.

Trump should reinstate him. After all, Pence set him up by asking him a question he didn’t want to tell the truth about.

Flynn's no angel.

Seriously? The FBI put it in writing that they were entrapping him?

A handwritten note: "What is our goal? Truth/justice, or get him to lie?"

Yep...that clearly shows that they were trying to get him to lie. I can't wait to report one of my coworkers. The other day, we had a bad part that we needed to repair for another unit on base. He looked at me and said, "We could take parts out of this one and use them to fix our unit, then tell them we couldn't fix it." I mean...I'm certain he was joking, but that statement clearly showed that he was trying to lie and stiff another unit.

I believe the reason why the Obama administration went after Flynn was because they knew he was the main obstacle keeping Trump from finding out that they were investigating him. Flynn had enough experience in government and the intelligence community to eventually figure out that they were investigating the President.

Seriously? The FBI put it in writing that they were entrapping him?

A handwritten note: "What is our goal? Truth/justice, or get him to lie?"

Yep...that clearly shows that they were trying to get him to lie. I can't wait to report one of my coworkers. The other day, we had a bad part that we needed to repair for another unit on base. He looked at me and said, "We could take parts out of this one and use them to fix our unit, then tell them we couldn't fix it." I mean...I'm certain he was joking, but that statement clearly showed that he was trying to lie and stiff another unit.
    Why did you deliberately change the note?

"What is our goal? Truth/admission or to ... get him to lie, so we can prosecute him or get him fired?"

When the FBI does that, it's entrapment. It's illegal.

Hi DD!

The guy in question admitted his guilt.

Michael Flynn is United States Army lieutenant general. So not a moron by any stretch who was tricked.

So yes he did exactly what he was accused of.

That is not a win. It is a Mulligan because of the DOJ.

They have a saying that two wrongs don't make a right.

I guess it does in your world
    Tricked? No.
    Blackmailed into confessing to something he didn't do? Yes.

Tricked? No.
    Blackmailed into confessing to something he didn't do? Yes.

Hey DD!

Thank the funnest shirt I have ever heard.

You ever think of taking that comedy act on the road.

That was a dude using his connections to grift everyone.

Then again that is just like your idol does so I get it.

Hey DD!

Thank the funnest shirt I have ever heard.

You ever think of taking that comedy act on the road.

That was a dude using his connections to grift everyone.

Then again that is just like your idol does so I get it.
    Learn the difference between a discussion board and a smack board and get back to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom