FBI official under investigation after allegedly altering document in 2016 Russia probe (DOJ IG Report thread) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

bdb13

Reaction score
    Washington (CNN) —
    An FBI official is under criminal investigation after allegedly altering a document related to 2016 surveillance of a Trump campaign adviser, several people briefed on the matter told CNN.

The possibility of a substantive change to an investigative document is likely to fuel accusations from President Donald Trump and his allies that the FBI committed wrongdoing in its investigation of connections between Russian election meddling and the Trump campaign.

The finding is expected to be part of Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz's review of the FBI's effort to obtain warrants under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act on Carter Page, a former Trump campaign aide. Horowitz will release the report next month.

Horowitz turned over evidence on the allegedly altered document to John Durham, the federal prosecutor appointed early this year by Attorney General William Barr to conduct a broad investigation of intelligence gathered for the Russia probe by the CIA and other agencies, including the FBI. The altered document is also at least one focus of Durham's criminal probe.

Terrible if true. Trump will obviously seize upon this.

If the convictions are overturned, will we unknow the things we know? Does it make the things we know not true?

it matters for legal reasons, and any improper convictions should be overturned, but it doesn't change any of the meaningful facts.

Illgotten facts are still facts. Maybe not admissible in court, but it doesn't mean they aren't facts.
    This is exactly why Trump, for all of his rather obvious faults, is better than anything the Democrats come up with.

You have no core belief in the United States founding as a Republic by and for the people.

You only believe in what serves to bring your party more power.

This is exactly why Trump, for all of his rather obvious faults, is better than anything the Democrats come up with.

You have no core belief in the United States founding as a Republic by and for the people.

I'm not sure you quoted the right post, your response doesn't make any sense at all if you were responding to what I said.

This is laughable considering the evidence of what Trump has done and the entire GOP (Leaders and voters) have buried their head in the sand and made it about the process. There is absolutely no transparency in the WH and he is surrounded my criminals and grifters who are milking tax payers but the Dems don't care about the republic.
    To quote Zoolander, "I Feel like I'm taking crazy pills"

This is laughable considering the evidence of what Trump has done and the entire GOP (Leaders and voters) have buried their head in the sand and made it about the process. There is absolutely no transparency in the WH and he is surrounded my criminals and grifters who are milking tax payers but the Dems don't care about the republic.
    To quote Zoolander, "I Feel like I'm taking crazy pills"
    "ORANGE MOCHA-FRAPPACCINOS!"

DOJ has found two of the four FISA warrants illegal and is not challenging the illegality of the other two.

It is quite possible that this could lead to nullification of all past or future convictions related to the Mueller investigation.

Keep telling yourself this is only about Carter Page and related to nothing else.

Those of us actually paying attention understand the far reaching implications of ILLEGAL FISA applications used to investigate a presidential candidate.

You have made it obvious that you are fine with anything that might have a slight chance of damaging Trump, no matter the cost to the Republic.

IMO Archie you should be careful of your entirely made up allegations against other posters, an example of which is your last sentence. I don’t think anyone on here wants to do any real damage to the Republic. America is our home country too and you are practicing the same divisive demonization of people who don’t share your political views that Trump does.

It could be the worst thing he does, in some ways. It’s the most reminiscent of authoritarian regimes at the very least.

I know that you care about this country even though you are going about it all wrong. 😁 (That is a joke, BTW).

now that aside, if you are saying the other two FISAs are not being challenged, that means they are not considered illegal, right? So how does that invalidate all the convictions? Especially since, IIRC, none of the FISA information gathered was used in any of the indictments? I know I don’t follow this as closely as you do, which is why I’m asking.

Makes you long for the good old days, when anybody questioned the propriety of these FISA warrants was called "insane," accused of "spreading false narratives" and spouting "conspiracy theory."

Makes you long for the good old days, when anybody questioned the propriety of these FISA warrants was called "insane," accused of "spreading false narratives" and spouting "conspiracy theory."

I don't know if you noticed, but one side is real strong out of the gate but doesn't do so well down the stretch.

A sideshow in the overall scheme of things, General Michael Flynn has received a stay of sentencing a month after he withdrew his guilty plea to one count of making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with the then-Russian ambassador to the United States after the 2016 presidential election.

It appears Flynn's lawyers are putting the FBI's now-admitted falsification of FISA warrant documents in play.

In his request filed January 14, Flynn's lawyers said he wanted to withdraw his plea "because of the government's bad faith, vindictiveness and breach of the plea agreement." He also accused federal prosecutors of refusing to "comply with … their constitutional, legal and ethical obligations."

Last edited:
    question to our lawyers here. Can Gen Flynn demand that he be sentenced or drop this?

This Tweet thread completely debunks the endless speculation over the Trump Tower meeting. The majority of his Tweets in the thread include screenshots of FBI documents. Here are a few Tweets from the thread.

This Tweet thread completely debunks the endless speculation over the Trump Tower meeting. The majority of his Tweets in the thread include screenshots of FBI documents. Here are a few Tweets from the thread.

So are you saying for something to be debunked, all you need is someone involved to deny it happened?

Are you denying that Trump lied about that meeting? We have emails from Trump Jr., saying the meeting was about incriminating information about Hillary Clinton. Are you saying, that just because one of the participants in that meeting said that it was only about adoptions, that Mueller should just take that person at their word and ignore the email traffic?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom