FBI official under investigation after allegedly altering document in 2016 Russia probe (DOJ IG Report thread) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

bdb13

Reaction score
    Washington (CNN) —
    An FBI official is under criminal investigation after allegedly altering a document related to 2016 surveillance of a Trump campaign adviser, several people briefed on the matter told CNN.

The possibility of a substantive change to an investigative document is likely to fuel accusations from President Donald Trump and his allies that the FBI committed wrongdoing in its investigation of connections between Russian election meddling and the Trump campaign.

The finding is expected to be part of Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz's review of the FBI's effort to obtain warrants under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act on Carter Page, a former Trump campaign aide. Horowitz will release the report next month.

Horowitz turned over evidence on the allegedly altered document to John Durham, the federal prosecutor appointed early this year by Attorney General William Barr to conduct a broad investigation of intelligence gathered for the Russia probe by the CIA and other agencies, including the FBI. The altered document is also at least one focus of Durham's criminal probe.

Terrible if true. Trump will obviously seize upon this.

Learn the difference between a discussion board and a smack board and get back to me.
    Nope I think it is a riot you think a grown arse man that was a United States Army lieutenant general and smart enough swindle mad amounts cash out of everyone got hoodwinked.

Absolutely a riot. So you are saying compete friggin morons rise the the rank LTG?

That dim witted asshat got bamboozled by the FBI is your answer.

Priceless.

Why did you deliberately change the note?

"What is our goal? Truth/admission or to ... get him to lie, so we can prosecute him or get him fired?"

When the FBI does that, it's entrapment. It's illegal.

When the FBI does what? When they ask themselves "are we trying to get at the truth, or do we just want to get this guy to lie?" that's entrapment?

I thought they actually had to try and trick someone into lying to be considered entrapment.

I guess if there was a handwritten note that said "Did Popadopalous get paid by Russians?" that would be seen as the FBI trying to plant evidence against Popadopalous, right?

Let me ask a simple question,based on this one note "What is our goal? Truth/admission or to....get him to lie, so we can prosecute him or get him fired" (and based SOLELY ON THAT ONE HANDWRITTEN NOTE), what illegal action did the FBI take to entrap Flynn?

Nope I think it is a riot you think a grown arse man that was a United States Army lieutenant general and smart enough swindle mad amounts cash out of everyone got hoodwinked.

Absolutely a riot. So you are saying compete friggin morons rise the the rank LTG?

That dim witted asshat got bamboozled by the FBI is your answer.

Priceless.

You have to remember, these are the same people that found out that Flynn asked if he needed a lawyer, and was told, you can have one if you want, but procedures will require us to notify the White House Counsel, and coordinate with them, and they find that as evidence that the FBI told Flynn he didn't need a laywer.

These transcripts that Schiff was finally forced to release are a goldmine. Wow.

I can't say I'm surprised that the Russiagate believers haven't commented on this. This was what we were told started the Russia investigation. McCabe testified that Papadopoulos comment didn't indicate that he was interacting with the Russians and they didn't even try to get a FISA on him. Yet another thing that makes the whole investigation look like total BS.

I can't say I'm surprised that the Russiagate believers haven't commented on this. This was what we were told started the Russia investigation. McCabe testified that Papadopoulos comment didn't indicate that he was interacting with the Russians and they didn't even try to get a FISA on him. Yet another thing that makes the whole investigation look like total BS.

Baaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

You guys keep digging for a straw while this idiot and staff are gonna even get flyover states to turn blue with the lack of response to the pandemic.

No way shape or form should this be killing flyover states if he was on the ball.

But by all means dig in this it is sticking your head in the sand.

Look over here a the bad Dems please ignore the horrible response!

Baaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

You guys keep digging for a straw while this idiot and staff are gonna even get flyover states to turn blue with the lack of response to the pandemic.

No way shape or form should this be killing flyover states if he was on the ball.

Hey buddy. You are in the wrong thread. Are you able to talk and chew gum at the same time? Do you have an actual comment on the subject of the thread?

Baaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

You know you're welcome to NOT participate in this thread then right? And that others are interested in and capable of mentally juggling two ongoing, major current events even if you aren't?

Yates confirmed that the Clinton funded Steele dossier was crucial to the FISA applications. I'm surprised more people aren't outraged about the government illegally spying on an American citizen.

Yates confirmed that the Clinton funded Steele dossier was crucial to the FISA applications. I'm surprised more people aren't outraged about the government illegally spying on an American citizen.

While I have understood the necessity of some national security organizations and the FBI having access to information in order to thwart terrorist threats, I have always had some trouble with elements of the Patriot Act. Sections were supposed to expire and they keep getting renewed. Then just this year, the Senate gave the FBI and CIA access to individuals' browser history without gaining a warrant. I think we need to take a hard look at the necessity of each section of the Patriot Act (and companion laws like the Freedom Act) as well as the potential abuses that could occur if they are allowed to continue.

So, the fact that there were issues with the whole Carter Page deal isn’t exactly new, but out of everything that Yates said this is what you are going to focus on? Did you get to listen? I only got to hear bits and pieces but she seemed to refute quite a bit of the narrative that is being pushed by Graham and other Trump defenders. (Oh, and Kennedy is an absolute embarrassment to the GOP.)

My prediction: there will be further disclosures that will show just how crooked Trump and his cronies were during the election. There was valid reason to open the investigations, and he has benefited from a whole lot of misleading statements by his enablers. There was no conspiracy to “get” Trump, much less a democratic led conspiracy.

To me, if you have an unethical, immoral liar on one side who seems to attract people who also lie and grift, you just cannot believe their fantastical conspiracy theories. Especially when you have people like Sally Yates, who is a well respected career member of DOJ who has served under both parties and is apolitical, telling the truth. And what she said doesn’t support the wild claims made by Trump that he was targeted by a bunch of democrats. Far from it.

The more we learn about the investigation, the worse it looks. It's appalling to know this kind of thing could happen in our government. It makes one question the amount of corruption and illegal actions that go on behind the scenes.

WASHINGTON – Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) today released a newly declassified FBI document that indicates the Bureau misled the Senate Intelligence Committee in 2018 about the Steele dossier’s Primary Sub-source and, therefore, the reliability of the Steele dossier.

“This document clearly shows that the FBI was continuing to mislead regarding the reliability of the Steele dossier. The FBI did to the Senate Intelligence Committee what the Department of Justice and FBI had previously done to the FISA Court: mischaracterize, mislead and lie. The characterizations regarding the dossier were completely out of touch with reality in terms of what the Russian sub-source actually said to the FBI.

“What does this mean? That Congress as well as the FISA Court was lied to about the reliability of the Russian sub-source. I will be asking FBI Director Wray to provide me all the details possible about how the briefing was arranged and who provided it.

I'm guessing we shouldn't expect any articles from the media outlets that pushed the dossier addressing the new development on the FBI how the misled Congress about the Steele dossier.

I'm guessing we shouldn't expect any articles from the media outlets that pushed the dossier addressing the new development on the FBI how the misled Congress about the Steele dossier.

sigh, the Steele dossier didn’t play any role in starting the investigation, and didn’t play any sort of significant role in continuing it.

sigh, the Steele dossier didn’t play any role in starting the investigation, and didn’t play any sort of significant role in continuing it.
    You don't think the FISA warrants on Page were significant? The IG apparently thought it was because he dedicated a substantial amount of time reviewing it. There wouldn't have been any FISA warrants without the Steele Dossier. Comey briefed Trump on part of the dossier. The dossier was also hyped by the Democrats and media which helped advance the Russia collusion narrative in the court of public opinion.

Last edited:
    Anyone who still thinks nothing shady went on with Trump and Russia is just sticking their head in the sand. He's been in billions of dollars of debt to Russians since 2008.

And the more that keeps coming out about Volume 5 pretty clearly links Trump and Russia in 2016.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom