Does Trump ever do any jail time? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    We are witnessing the uncovering of the 6th crime family of New York. I believe when all is said and done, it will be uncovered that the Trump Organization was / is actually the Trump Crime Family. I also believe that if the state tries to use his family to get to him, he will let his family take the fall because that's just the type of person he is.

Hubris will be his undoing. Ponzi and Madoff will take a back seat to Trump. Madoff and Ponzi swindled a few people out of their life savings. Trump swindled a nation out of its morals, souls and country.

We are witnessing the uncovering of the 6th crime family of New York. I believe when all is said and done, it will be uncovered that the Trump Organization was / is actually the Trump Crime Family. I also believe that if the state tries to use his family to get to him, he will let his family take the fall because that's just the type of person he is.

Hubris will be his undoing. Ponzi and Madoff will take a back seat to Trump. Madoff and Ponzi swindled a few people out of their life savings. Trump swindled a nation out of its morals, souls and country.
    not to defend or anything, but Ponzi did much more than swindle a few people out of thier life savings...

not to defend or anything, but Ponzi did much more than swindle a few people out of thier life savings...
    I understand. The number of people Ponzi swindled relative to the population of an entire country is why I used the statement "a few people".

Do you believe that Trump will try and flee the country to a nation like Switzerland, which has no extradition treaty with us and who's history is littered with former, deposed, tyrants, would-be autocrats, controversial celebrities fleeing there and taking refuge there under the country's refugee status clause?

While I believe Madoff's elaborate, long-running Ponzi scheme would've been uncovered eventually by some SEC investigators, the only reason it fell apart when it did so fast was due to 2008 Wall St. economic near-collapse and many of Madoff's investors, who saw him then as this uncany, financial wizard at the time, all began to get very panicky and began ringing him to withdraw their money from his firm, which as we all know, didn't exist. I believe Madoff could've and should've exposed much sooner had the banks, mortgage lending firms, and more then a few experienced, knowledgable, less naive SEC team of investigators had had the presence of mind, and due diligence to examine him right way and not ask the wrong questions and acted on their suspicions instead of silently pushing them away. Even though they both repeatedly denied it for years, its my opinion Madoff's sons have to at least suspected there was something quirky about that 13th or whatever floor it was where the Ponzi scheme was carried out. Neither one of his two sons were stupid and while I concur with the possibility they were largely ignorant of the specific origins and complex semantics of Madoff's Ponzi schemes, their lying if they never once suspected something odd wasnt going on working there in the investment arm of Madoff's firm.

Last edited:
    Do you believe that Trump will try and flee the country to a nation like Switzerland, which has no extradition treaty with us and who's history is littered with former, deposed, tyrants, would-be autocrats, controversial celebrities fleeing there and taking refuge there under the country's refugee status clause?

It wouldn't surprise me at all. But...I suspect Trump thinks he's untouchable. If he actually thinks that, he's not going anywhere.

It wouldn't surprise me at all. But...I suspect Trump thinks he's untouchable. If he actually thinks that, he's not going anywhere.

i agree

I don’t think his ego or NPD would let him flee

but I didn’t think it would let him leave the White House either

Maybe it would be the same thing

he’d leave and stay but rant the whole time about how innocent he is and how it’s just a witch hunt

From the guardian

article brings up a point others have made in this thread

yes he deserves to go to jail but if he goes it would cause more riots and unrest
    ================

......All of which brings us to Donald Trump, currently in exile at his luxury club in Bedminster, New Jersey. Whingeing amid the manicured greens and bunkers of his exclusive golf course, the defeated president recalls an ageing Bonnie Prince Charlie – a sort of “king over the water” with water features. Like deposed leaders throughout history, he obsesses about a return to power.

Yet as Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell moves to kill off a 9/11-style national commission to investigate the 6 January Capitol Hill insurrection, the pressing question is not whether Trump can maintain cult-like sway over Republicans, or even whether he will run again in 2024.

The question that should most concern Americans who care about democracy is: why isn’t Trump in jail?

The fact he is not, and has not been charged with anything, is a genuine puzzle – some might say a scandal, even a conspiracy. Trump’s actual and potential criminal rap sheet long predates the Capitol siege. It includes alleged abuses of power, obstruction of justice, fraud, tax evasion, Russian money-laundering, election tampering, conflicts of interest, hush-money bribes, assassination – and a lot of lies.

Let’s take these allegations one at a time. District of Columbia investigators say they have charged 410 people over the Capitol breach.

Some could be tried for plotting to overthrow the US government – a crime punishable by up to 20 years in prison – or even for murder, given that five people died.

Yet Trump, who urged supporters at a Washington rally that day to “fight like hell” to stop Congress certifying his election loss, is not among them. He has not even been questioned over his indisputably pivotal role......

The dismaying answer may be that to lock him up – the fate he wished on Hillary Clinton – would be to risk another insurrection. That’s the last thing Joe Biden and America’s wobbly democracy needs.

But letting him get away with it harms democracy, too. In office, Trump ruled by lawlessness and fear. In exile, fear keeps him beyond the reach of the law.........

From the guardian

article brings up a point others have made in this thread

yes he deserves to go to jail but if he goes it would cause more riots and unrest
    I don't think we'll see a repeat of the insurrection. There will be little delay for deployment of troops prior trump being arrested if it goes down that way. Law enforcement will be on post 9/11 type alert when the time comes.

I'd love just five minutes with Biden.

He needs to hear from someone out here in the world just how vital it is to hold Trump accountable. Part of the groundswell that swept him into office was built on the idea of justice being done to that treacherous swine. And that was before 1/6.

I'd love just five minutes with Biden.

He needs to hear from someone out here in the world just how vital it is to hold Trump accountable. Part of the groundswell that swept him into office was built on the idea of justice being done to that treacherous swine. And that was before 1/6.

if 2024 comes around and nothing has been done that won’t go over well for the Democrats

hell, Trump might NEED to run again to counter the disappointment of nothing being done

I don't think we'll see a repeat of the insurrection. There will be little delay for deployment of troops prior trump being arrested if it goes down that way. Law enforcement will be on post 9/11 type alert when the time comes.

I certainly hope so

but if Jan 6th happened because that mob thought that “they” were trying to steal the presidency what will Trumps supporters do if they think that “they” are going to put Trump in jail for the rest of his life?

I certainly hope so

but if Jan 6th happened because that mob thought that “they” were trying to steal the presidency what will Trumps supporters do if they think that “they” are going to put Trump in jail for the rest of his life?

For a repeat to happen, a thousand or more cultists would have to get to the Capitol all at once without being noticed or giving anything away on social media.
    I don't think they'll ever have that element of surprise again.

For a repeat to happen, a thousand or more cultists would have to get to the Capitol all at once without being noticed or giving anything away on social media.
    I don't think they'll ever have that element of surprise again.

I wasn't necessarily thinking the Capitol again, just more of protests cities nationwide

I certainly hope so

I don't know but at this point I'm also not scared to find out....there is no good reason not to make sure that Trump is disqualified from running for office....ever....again.....

If the Trump supporters decide to unleash crazy then they deserve what is coming to them....

I wasn't necessarily thinking the Capitol again, just more of protests cities nationwide
    there is a bit of faulty logic in that article
    arresting Trump 'might' have a violent response
    BUT
    not arresting Trump does not guarantee peace
    so not arresting trump does not solve the violence issue

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom