Does Trump ever do any jail time? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    Really ?

:huh:

Trump himself invited some of that coverage by incessantly lying about his medical reports.

Donald "Joe Isuzu" Trump brought that on himself.

He DID excel in doing that ! But the underlying point about the difference in the way the media treated him remains !
    He brought it on himself. He ate up their covering him and basically getting him elected all throughout his 2016 campaign and then immediately starts taunting them, calling them the enemy of the people and treating them like shirt. What did he expect? I'm sure you're one of his subscribers on Telegram and love the moronic stuff he's now incessantly posting on their platform (where he won't get booted because no one uses it).

He brought it on himself. He ate up their covering him and basically getting him elected all throughout his 2016 campaign and then immediately starts taunting them, calling them the enemy of the people and treating them like shirt. What did he expect? I'm sure you're one of his subscribers on Telegram and love the moronic stuff he's now incessantly posting on their platform (where he won't get booted because no one uses it).
    In many cases, they thoroughly deserved it, and the descriptions where partially accurate. The US media did NOT cover themselves in glory with the treatment of Trump. Or with their soft-peddling of Biden, for that matter.

I do find it interesting to claim that none of the "liberal" news covered Biden falling as he literally jogged up a flight of stairs. If that was the case, then how come all these supposed "liberals" on here knew all about it in the first place? The first location I saw the video of Biden falling down was on The Daily Show. The second place I saw it was on CNN. The third place I saw it was on APNews. I didn't even bother checking Fox or the extremist sites, because I figured they'd just be having a party over the idea.

As others have stated, Trump was right in the middle of outright telling lies about his health in the first place. This wasn't the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. So, right in the middle of lies about his health, he then has to creepy crawl down a slight ramp at a turtles pace. Now, I will say this. Even without his lies about his health, that situation was a lose lose for Trump. If he goes down it fast and falls, he gets made fun of. If he goes down it all feeble and super slow as he did, he also gets talked about in a negative light. Biden is the same way. The difference here is that he tried to run straight up a set of steps and bit the dust. I'm almost half his age and have done the same thing on multiple occasions.

I honestly find both situations a non-topic to be honest. I would tell Trump at his age to keep taking down ramps slowly and tell Biden the steps of AF1 isn't part of his workout program. They're both old men and aren't in the best shape of their lives, especially Trump. If I were to honestly worry over either one's health, it would be more related to Trump's continued trembling hand every time he tries to drink water, than him taking it easy down a ramp. And as far as Biden? I'd worry more about him continuing to try to do dumb stuff like run up a flight of stairs at his age. Simma down Joe, you can get a work out on the Peloton back at the WH. No need to hurt yourself trying to prove you are in shape to the people that are going to hate you anyway.

Really ?

We have a thread on this.

Really ?

You said dozens of experts on CNN, and you didn’t post a single example from CNN. Two of your links are partisan press complaining about your point, not examples of what you’re complaining about. You posted two articles, one from 2018 which if you actually read it was contemplative and really well sourced (it was from the Atlantic, after all) and one from USA Today in 2019 which is an opinion piece. So, you didn’t really back up your claim after all. 🤷‍♀️

I watched some of the coverage of Trump’s ramp incident, and as pointed out, he brought that on himself with his own childish behavior. Most of the coverage I saw was basically making fun of him, and not seriously putting forth ideas that he has a neurological problem. I saw not a single physician or expert when I was watching. So, yes, they most likely spent more time on the ramp incident. But no, there weren’t dozens of experts and they were mostly making fun of Trump.

interesting article on possible extradition depending on where trump is when it all goes down
    ====================================================

PALM BEACH MAKES CONTINGENCY PLANS IN CASE TRUMP IS INDICTED — Law enforcement officials in Palm Beach County, Fla., have actively prepared for the possibility that Manhattan District Attorney CY VANCE could indict former President DONALD TRUMP while he’s at Mar-a-Lago, according to two high-ranking county officials involved in planning sessions.

Among the topics discussed in those meetings: how to handle the thorny extradition issues that could arise if an indictment moves forward.

An obscure clause in Florida’s statute on interstate extradition gives Gov. RON DESANTIS the ability to intervene and even investigate whether an indicted “person ought to be surrendered” to law enforcement officials from another state — which means that as Mar-a-Lago prepares to close down for the season and Trump relocates to Bedminster, N.J., it isn’t just the Florida heat he’s leaving behind: He could lose a key piece of political protection..............

My first time hearing about the reporters phone records
    ==========================================

During Donald Trump's time in office (and arguably beyond), he and the Republican Party inflicted many deep wounds on American democracy and the rule of law. President Biden and the Democrats have done an admirable job of slowing the bleeding. But for the victim's life to be saved, the weapons must be seized, and the wounds treated and healed. For that to happen the full truth of the Trump regime's crimes must be publicly revealed.

Unfortunately, such an outcome appears unlikely. In the most recent example of organized forgetting by a country that would rather look away from the truth than confront it, we learned last week that under Trump the Department of Justice obtained the phone records of reporters who were investigating the Trump-Russia collusion scandal. Then we immediately stopped talking about it.............

An editor at the Post, Cameron Barr, said in a statement that the newspaper is "deeply troubled by this use of government power to seek access to the communications of journalists," but there was nothing close to widespread outrage at the news that an authoritarian president and regime and his flunkies apparently spied on journalists who were investigating crimes against democracy. This obvious abuse of power is largely being treated as a non-event of little public importance. That is precisely how authoritarianism is normalized — when the public no longer cares about the crimes committed by those who hold power........

The collective non-reaction to the Trump regime's targeting of journalists is just another example of the way uncomfortable and dangerous truths about the Age of Trump are disappearing into the memory well. Congress needs to convene a truth commission and other public investigations before all such truths have vanished. There are many questions about the Trump presidency that must be asked and answered for the United States to move forward in a safe and responsible way..........

I had to double check to make sure I wasn’t reading the Onion.

“A network of conservative activists, aided by a British former spy, mounted a campaign during the Trump administration to discredit perceived enemies of President Trump inside the government, according to documents and people involved in the operations.
    The campaign included a planned sting operation against Mr. Trump’s national security adviser at the time, H.R. McMaster, and secret surveillance operations against F.B.I. employees, aimed at exposing anti-Trump sentiment in the bureau’s ranks.
    The operations against the F.B.I., run by the conservative group Project Veritas, were conducted from a large home in the Georgetown section of Washington that rented for $10,000 per month. Female undercover operatives arranged dates with the F.B.I. employees with the aim of secretly recording them making disparaging comments about Mr. Trump.”

I had to double check to make sure I wasn’t reading the Onion.

“A network of conservative activists, aided by a British former spy, mounted a campaign during the Trump administration to discredit perceived enemies of President Trump inside the government, according to documents and people involved in the operations.
    The campaign included a planned sting operation against Mr. Trump’s national security adviser at the time, H.R. McMaster, and secret surveillance operations against F.B.I. employees, aimed at exposing anti-Trump sentiment in the bureau’s ranks.
    The operations against the F.B.I., run by the conservative group Project Veritas, were conducted from a large home in the Georgetown section of Washington that rented for $10,000 per month. Female undercover operatives arranged dates with the F.B.I. employees with the aim of secretly recording them making disparaging comments about Mr. Trump.”
    The man's ego is unparalleled. Back in the beginning of his term as POTUS, he started a pissing match with Arnold Schwarzenegger about his ratings for the "The Intern" around the same time he was trying to tell the world that the sparse crowd at his inauguration was more than Obama's. I remember thinking how odd that was for a U.S. President to be concerned about such trivial matters. It turned out to be a simple preview of what was to come.

The above story, if true, will be excused as witch hunt, fake news, far-left propaganda, etc.

interesting article on possible extradition depending on where trump is when it all goes down
    ====================================================

PALM BEACH MAKES CONTINGENCY PLANS IN CASE TRUMP IS INDICTED — Law enforcement officials in Palm Beach County, Fla., have actively prepared for the possibility that Manhattan District Attorney CY VANCE could indict former President DONALD TRUMP while he’s at Mar-a-Lago, according to two high-ranking county officials involved in planning sessions.

Among the topics discussed in those meetings: how to handle the thorny extradition issues that could arise if an indictment moves forward.

An obscure clause in Florida’s statute on interstate extradition gives Gov. RON DESANTIS the ability to intervene and even investigate whether an indicted “person ought to be surrendered” to law enforcement officials from another state — which means that as Mar-a-Lago prepares to close down for the season and Trump relocates to Bedminster, N.J., it isn’t just the Florida heat he’s leaving behind: He could lose a key piece of political protection..............

another article on this - sounds like it won't be an issue
    =====================================

A series of sensational news reports on Thursday suggested that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis — who many view as a contender for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination — could potentially try to interfere if a New York grand jury indicts former President Donald Trump and seeks his extradition from Florida, where he’s currently residing.

Whereas many international extradition treaties require the underlying crime to be prohibited by both the requesting and receiving countries, federal law does not
    Citing an obscure provision of Florida law that allows the governor, upon receiving an extradition request from another state, to investigate "whether the person ought to be surrendered,” the argument goes that this provision gives DeSantis the chance to play hero with the former president’s supporters by dragging his feet.

The legal reality is decidedly to the contrary. If Trump is indicted in New York, both the U.S. Constitution and a federal statute dating to 1793 require DeSantis (or the governor of whatever state Trump is in at the time) to hand him over. And if DeSantis still refuses, a 1987 Supreme Court decision makes clear that federal courts can order him to comply. Unlike in cases of international extradition, where treaties often leave significant room for political and diplomatic machinations and maneuvering, the law of interstate extradition is both clear and straightforward.

Let’s start with the Constitution itself. The Extradition Clause of Article IV provides that “a person charged in any state with treason, felony, or other crime, who shall flee from justice, and be found in another state, shall on demand of the executive authority of the state from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the state having jurisdiction of the crime.” The provision contemplates no discretion on the part of the state receiving the request, but speaks instead of a mandate to return the prisoner.

Congress reinforced that understanding of the clause in 1793 when it enacted the Extradition Act, which identifies no circumstances in which a governor receiving an extradition request has the right to refuse to comply. And whereas many international extradition treaties require the underlying crime to be prohibited by both the requesting and receiving countries (the “double criminality” principle), federal law does not — as the Supreme Court expressly held in 1861.

The trickier question is what remedy a state has if another state refuses to comply with an extradition request................

A series of sensational news reports on Thursday suggested that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis — who many view as a contender for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination — could potentially try to interfere if a New York grand jury indicts former President Donald Trump and seeks his extradition from Florida, where he’s currently residing.

Whereas many international extradition treaties require the underlying crime to be prohibited by both the requesting and receiving countries, federal law does not
    Citing an obscure provision of Florida law that allows the governor, upon receiving an extradition request from another state, to investigate "whether the person ought to be surrendered,” the argument goes that this provision gives DeSantis the chance to play hero with the former president’s supporters by dragging his feet.

The legal reality is decidedly to the contrary. If Trump is indicted in New York, both the U.S. Constitution and a federal statute dating to 1793 require DeSantis (or the governor of whatever state Trump is in at the time) to hand him over. And if DeSantis still refuses, a 1987 Supreme Court decision makes clear that federal courts can order him to comply. Unlike in cases of international extradition, where treaties often leave significant room for political and diplomatic machinations and maneuvering, the law of interstate extradition is both clear and straightforward.

Let’s start with the Constitution itself. The Extradition Clause of Article IV provides that “a person charged in any state with treason, felony, or other crime, who shall flee from justice, and be found in another state, shall on demand of the executive authority of the state from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the state having jurisdiction of the crime.” The provision contemplates no discretion on the part of the state receiving the request, but speaks instead of a mandate to return the prisoner.

Congress reinforced that understanding of the clause in 1793 when it enacted the Extradition Act, which identifies no circumstances in which a governor receiving an extradition request has the right to refuse to comply. And whereas many international extradition treaties require the underlying crime to be prohibited by both the requesting and receiving countries (the “double criminality” principle), federal law does not — as the Supreme Court expressly held in 1861.

The trickier question is what remedy a state has if another state refuses to comply with an extradition request................

OMG
    The thought of 'extreme rendition' in this case gives me not mere wood, but rebar.
    A black ops team taking that fat weasel into a helicopter with a bag over his head? Too delicious for words.

Reading the story of Jarius Robinson's dad who caught an 8 year sentence for misusing funds from charity got me thinking about trump's own case where he was caught misusing funds from his charity. I'm aware that Jarius's dad had other issues, like drug charges, but otherwise...shouldn't this have been an apples to apples type deal? If not, what makes trump's case any better than this guy to where he only had to repay misused funds and not get a sentence to a FPMITA penitentiary?

Picking up steam
    ============

NEW YORK (AP) — The New York attorney general’s office said Tuesday that it is conducting a criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump’s business empire, expanding what had previously been a civil probe.

“We have informed the Trump Organization that our investigation into the company is no longer purely civil in nature,” Fabien Levy, a spokesperson for Attorney General Letitia James, said in a statement.

“We are now actively investigating the Trump Organization in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan DA,” Levy said.........

Picking up steam
    ============

NEW YORK (AP) — The New York attorney general’s office said Tuesday that it is conducting a criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump’s business empire, expanding what had previously been a civil probe.

“We have informed the Trump Organization that our investigation into the company is no longer purely civil in nature,” Fabien Levy, a spokesperson for Attorney General Letitia James, said in a statement.

“We are now actively investigating the Trump Organization in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan DA,” Levy said.........

Response actually was more restrained than I was expecting

Former President Trump on Wednesday lashed out at state and local prosecutors in New York after they announced that the two offices were conducting a joint criminal investigation into his company.

In a lengthy statement airing a list of grievances against Democrats in both Washington, D.C., and New York, Trump dismissed the criminal probe as a politically motivated effort to attack him.

"I have built a great company, employed thousands of people, and all I do is get unfairly attacked and abused by a corrupt political system. It would be so wonderful if the effort used against President Donald J. Trump, who lowered taxes and regulations, rebuilt our military, took care of our Veterans, created Space Force, fixed our border, produced our vaccine in record-setting time (years ahead of what was anticipated), and made our Country great and respected again, and so much more, would be focused on the ever more dangerous sidewalks and streets of New York," Trump wrote in the statement............

"That is what these investigations are all about-a continuation of the greatest political Witch Hunt in the history of the United States," Trump said. "Working in conjunction with Washington, these Democrats want to silence and cancel millions of voters because they don't want 'Trump' to run again. As people are being killed on the sidewalks of New York at an unprecedented rate, as drugs and crime of all kinds are flowing through New York City at record levels, with absolutely nothing being done about it, all they care about is taking down Trump."........

Okay, here's my possible/plausible post-conviction Trump scenario: What if Trump or some legally at-risk, adverse members of his family, try to flee to Switzerland to avoid extradition or arrest to be officially sentenced for his financial crimes? Switzerland does have a political refugee permanent residency status and has never had an extradition treaty with U.S. And its not like the Swiss haven't allowed in extremely controversial, corrupt, authoritarian leaders, businessmen like Marc Rich accused of treason for violating US embargo against Iran placed on it after by Carter after the Iranian hostage crisis and the one whom was pardoned by Clinton in his final days in office in 2001(the wonders great family connections or an ex-wife who's a big Democratic fundraiser, will do for you). Wouldn't be the first time some former, would be or overthrown despot or authoritarian dictator fled to Switzerland to avoid facing hearing the music and being confronted of the gross negligence, severity and extreme nature of their crimes and it likely won't be the last?

Okay, here's my possible/plausible post-conviction Trump scenario: What if Trump or some legally at-risk, adverse members of his family, try to flee to Switzerland to avoid extradition or arrest to be officially sentenced for his financial crimes? Switzerland does have a political refugee permanent residency status and has never had an extradition treaty with U.S. And its not like the Swiss haven't allowed in extremely controversial, corrupt, authoritarian leaders, businessmen like Marc Rich accused of treason for violating US embargo against Iran placed on it after by Carter after the Iranian hostage crisis and the one whom was pardoned by Clinton in his final days in office in 2001(the wonders great family connections or an ex-wife who's a big Democratic fundraiser, will do for you). Wouldn't be the first time some former, would be or overthrown despot or authoritarian dictator fled to Switzerland to avoid facing hearing the music and being confronted of the gross negligence, severity and extreme nature of their crimes and it likely won't be the last?

If that happens he should forever be referred to as former President and current coward and fugitive from justice Donald Trump

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom