Does Trump ever do any jail time? (1 Viewer)

< Previous | Next >

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:

insidejob

Reaction score
Michael Cohen was on the Dan Abrams show today, and he said that Manhattan District Attorney is pursuing 12 different charges, only 1 of which was Stormy Daniels. He said that he has provided the DA information on 1/3rd of them, and that he has documents to support and corroborate a lot of the information they already have. He also said that it will impact others in Trump's orbit, and I believe he said that includes his kids. He said he is certain that Trump will be indicted. The SCOTUS allowing the DA to get the tax returns will further reinforce the case. I think the only argument they have left is that Trump didn't know. I wonder if Cohen has information to debunk that argument?
Cohen probably has tapes, or at the very least documents that don't leave just him holding the bag if they ever got caught. He'd be the worst dirty lawyer ever if he doesn't.

Oh, and btw...45 released a statement. I'm sure you're all hanging on his every word...

efil4

Reaction score
Michael Cohen was on the Dan Abrams show today, and he said that Manhattan District Attorney is pursuing 12 different charges, only 1 of which was Stormy Daniels. He said that he has provided the DA information on 1/3rd of them, and that he has documents to support and corroborate a lot of the information they already have. He also said that it will impact others in Trump's orbit, and I believe he said that includes his kids. He said he is certain that Trump will be indicted. The SCOTUS allowing the DA to get the tax returns will further reinforce the case. I think the only argument they have left is that Trump didn't know. I wonder if Cohen has information to debunk that argument?
I left my previous CPA because he had me sign a document acknowledging that even though i didnt "put the return " together, all the info therein is true.

There is also a disclaimer on the tax signature page as well.

You can claim "you didnt know" all you want, but at the end of the day, they are your returns and you and only you are responsible for the information contained within.

And if they can show a "pattern" for 3 or 4, its safe to say the rest are handled in same manner.

DaveXA

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest, but if I understand correctly, SCOTUS basically put the Stormy Daniels case on ice. She's got no recourse now.

Lapaz

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest, but if I understand correctly, SCOTUS basically put the Stormy Daniels case on ice. She's got no recourse now.
SCOTUS let the 9th circuit ruling stand to deny the defamation case, but the illegal use of campaign funds for which Cohen went to jail, could still be pursued by the Manhattan DA. I know the AP reported that they weren't interested anymore, but if the tax returns indicate that Trump expensed the payment to Cohen, then it can be revived.

MT15

Reaction score
I think the DOJ has mothballed the case, I think the Manhattan DA still has that part of the case against Trump active. So whatever state charges were brought against Cohen, I would think that Trump would be vulnerable to them as well.

DaveXA

Reaction score
SCOTUS let the 9th circuit ruling stand to deny the defamation case, but the illegal use of campaign funds for which Cohen went to jail, could still be pursued by the Manhattan DA. I know the AP reported that they weren't interested anymore, but if the tax returns indicate that Trump expensed the payment to Cohen, then it can be revived.
That makes sense. We'll see how it turns out.

FullMonte

Reaction score
Cohen probably has tapes, or at the very least documents that don't leave just him holding the bag if they ever got caught. He'd be the worst dirty lawyer ever if he doesn't.

Oh, and btw...45 released a statement. I'm sure you're all hanging on his every word...

I love the part about the "new phenomenon of "headhunting" prosecutors and AGs - who try to take down their political opponents using the law as a weapon..."

Remind me again...who created that "new phenomenon"?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

< Previous | Next >

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Top Bottom