Does Trump ever do any jail time? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    Michael Cohen was on the Dan Abrams show today, and he said that Manhattan District Attorney is pursuing 12 different charges, only 1 of which was Stormy Daniels. He said that he has provided the DA information on 1/3rd of them, and that he has documents to support and corroborate a lot of the information they already have. He also said that it will impact others in Trump's orbit, and I believe he said that includes his kids. He said he is certain that Trump will be indicted. The SCOTUS allowing the DA to get the tax returns will further reinforce the case. I think the only argument they have left is that Trump didn't know. I wonder if Cohen has information to debunk that argument?
    Cohen probably has tapes, or at the very least documents that don't leave just him holding the bag if they ever got caught. He'd be the worst dirty lawyer ever if he doesn't.

Oh, and btw...45 released a statement. I'm sure you're all hanging on his every word...

Michael Cohen was on the Dan Abrams show today, and he said that Manhattan District Attorney is pursuing 12 different charges, only 1 of which was Stormy Daniels. He said that he has provided the DA information on 1/3rd of them, and that he has documents to support and corroborate a lot of the information they already have. He also said that it will impact others in Trump's orbit, and I believe he said that includes his kids. He said he is certain that Trump will be indicted. The SCOTUS allowing the DA to get the tax returns will further reinforce the case. I think the only argument they have left is that Trump didn't know. I wonder if Cohen has information to debunk that argument?

I left my previous CPA because he had me sign a document acknowledging that even though i didnt "put the return " together, all the info therein is true.

There is also a disclaimer on the tax signature page as well.

You can claim "you didnt know" all you want, but at the end of the day, they are your returns and you and only you are responsible for the information contained within.

And if they can show a "pattern" for 3 or 4, its safe to say the rest are handled in same manner.

I don't know about the rest, but if I understand correctly, SCOTUS basically put the Stormy Daniels case on ice. She's got no recourse now.

I don't know about the rest, but if I understand correctly, SCOTUS basically put the Stormy Daniels case on ice. She's got no recourse now.
    SCOTUS let the 9th circuit ruling stand to deny the defamation case, but the illegal use of campaign funds for which Cohen went to jail, could still be pursued by the Manhattan DA. I know the AP reported that they weren't interested anymore, but if the tax returns indicate that Trump expensed the payment to Cohen, then it can be revived.

I think the DOJ has mothballed the case, I think the Manhattan DA still has that part of the case against Trump active. So whatever state charges were brought against Cohen, I would think that Trump would be vulnerable to them as well.

SCOTUS let the 9th circuit ruling stand to deny the defamation case, but the illegal use of campaign funds for which Cohen went to jail, could still be pursued by the Manhattan DA. I know the AP reported that they weren't interested anymore, but if the tax returns indicate that Trump expensed the payment to Cohen, then it can be revived.

That makes sense. We'll see how it turns out.

Cohen probably has tapes, or at the very least documents that don't leave just him holding the bag if they ever got caught. He'd be the worst dirty lawyer ever if he doesn't.

Oh, and btw...45 released a statement. I'm sure you're all hanging on his every word...

I love the part about the "new phenomenon of "headhunting" prosecutors and AGs - who try to take down their political opponents using the law as a weapon..."

Remind me again...who created that "new phenomenon"?

Mazars has turned over the tax returns. 8 years worth and the DA office has not only in house forensic , but also in that "team" are forensic accounting investigators from a private firm.

You can’t send a former president to jail?

France says hold my beer
    ======================
    PARIS (AP) — A Paris court on Monday found French former President Nicolas Sarkozy guilty of corruption and influence peddling and sentenced him to one year in prison and a two-year suspended sentence.

The 66-year-old politician, who was president from 2007 to 2012, was convicted for having tried to illegally obtain information from a senior magistrate in 2014 about a legal action in which he was involved.

The court said Sarkozy is entitled to request to be detained at home with an electronic bracelet.

This is the first time in France’s modern history that a former president has been convicted of corruption.............

Not sure if posted already...

A large portion of the former president’s Trump Organization revenue came from properties that he would often visit during his presidency, according to the report. Mar-a-Lago, the Trump hotel in D.C. and his golf courses in New Jersey, Florida and D.C. were responsible for over $620 million in revenue for Trump while he was in office, and he visited those properties a combined 399 times, says CREW. In all, Trump visited his properties 547 times over his presidency, CREW found in another report.

Not sure if posted already...

Since there is no legitimate mechanism for preventing a President from profiting from his business ventures and using the office in this manner, I think Congress needs to address this. Trump never should have been allowed to do this, but there was nothing that could really stop him.

Tons of lawsuits and investigations

when will we see some charges?
    =========================

The district attorney is sifting through millions of pages of his tax records. The state attorney general has subpoenaed his lawyers, his bankers, his chief financial officer — even one of his sons.

And that’s just in New York. Former president Donald Trump is also facing criminal investigations in Georgia and the District of Columbia related to his efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

And Trump must defend himself against a growing raft of lawsuits: 29 are pending at last count, including some seeking damages from Trump’s actions on Jan. 6, when he encouraged a march to the Capitol that ended in a mob storming the building.

No charges have been filed against Trump in any of these investigations. The outcome of these lawsuits is uncertain. Trump has raised more than $31 million for his post-presidential political action committee, which he could tap to pay legal fees.

But the sheer volume of these legal problems indicates that — after a moment of maximum invincibility in the White House — Trump has fallen to a point of historic vulnerability before the law.

He has lost the formal immunities of the presidency and the legal firepower of the Justice Department, but he is also without some of the informal shields that protected him even before he was president: his reputation for endless wealth and his clout as a political donor in New York.

Now, prosecutors roam free in his financial records. New lawsuits keep arriving. Some of his key lawyers have quit. A man who once used the law to swamp his enemies, overwhelming them with claims and legal bills, is finding himself on the other side of the wave, unable to control what comes next...........

Really interesting article in The New Yorker this week about Cyrus Vance and his investigation into Trump. IF there is anything to be found and prosecuted, I am convinced it will happen, and in a non-political way.

Really interesting article in The New Yorker this week about Cyrus Vance and his investigation into Trump. IF there is anything to be found and prosecuted, I am convinced it will happen, and in a non-political way.

If there's anything to be found, I hope they dig it up and make it stick. I've just seen too many with means get away with stuff like this. Easier said than done.

If there's anything to be found, I hope they dig it up and make it stick. I've just seen too many with means get away with stuff like this. Easier said than done.

I just had a thought that'll make me smile for the rest of the day.

What if Trump is the 'medium fish' in all this? What if they get him to flip on someone way higher up the food chain, like whoever's taken over for Epstein?
    The blow to his ego would be delicious, not to mention seeing Trump on the stand squealing his guts out. Or maybe he ends up committing "suicide" in his cell.
    Either way, we all win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom