Does Trump ever do any jail time? (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    I think Trump might pardon himself, and then also ask Pence to pardon him, as a hedge against the judiciary overturning his self-pardon. Then he will probably attempt to plea to lesser state crimes to try to avoid jail time. I hope they don't accept his pleas. If they don't, then he might skip the country, but only after exhausting all other avenues. He may even think that he can delay enough to become president again, before he would go to jail.

I think Trump might pardon himself, and then also ask Pence to pardon him, as a hedge against the judiciary overturning his self-pardon. Then he will probably attempt to plea to lesser state crimes to try to avoid jail time. I hope they don't accept his pleas. If they don't, then he might skip the country, but only after exhausting all other avenues. He may even think that he can delay enough to become president again, before he would go to jail.

I don't know about that. Is it possible to go on the lam with a secret service detail?

Trump is going to jail for violations of both state and federal law. He's likely to be charged for state crimes in New York and Georgia, and federal crimes including sedition. I'd love to see Trump cuffed in front of a judge (hopefully an African-American judge) in an orange jumpsuit to match his orange skin.

This is another reason to impeach Trump. He can't pardon himself from that.

Last edited:
    I’m seeing multiple lawyers opining that the SC will not uphold a self pardon. I don’t know, but the general talk is that it won’t hold up.

Trump is going to jail for violations of both state and federal law. He's likely to be charged for state crimes in New York and Georgia, and federal crimes including sedition. I'd love to see Trump cuffed in front of a judge (hopefully an African-American judge) in an orange jumpsuit to match his orange skin.
    Be still my heart. The only thing that would infuriate trump more than Obama embarrassing him at the White House correspondence dinner would be a black judge telling him he's guilty and sentencing him to jail.

This is another reason to impeach Trump. He can't pardon himself from that.

no one can pardon him from that.

which raises another legal/constitutional question. The constitution says that the president cannot grant pardons “in cases of impeachment.” It doesn’t say conviction of impeachment. So, if he is formally charged with a crime via impeachment, can he be pardoned?

I would think "cases of impeachment" would include anything related to impeachment.

Be still my heart. The only thing that would infuriate trump more than Obama embarrassing him at the White House correspondence dinner would be a black judge telling him he's guilty and sentencing him to jail.

Can we get Stacy Abrams sister to do it?

I would think "cases of impeachment" would include anything related to impeachment.

and, if that's the case, it's the only reason I would actually support impeachment right now. To ensure that he can be charged for what he did.

He’ll run away to Barvikha or Luxembourg or some other far away place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom