Critical race theory (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveXA

Reaction score
    Frankly, I'm completely ignorant when it comes to the Critical Race Theory curriculum. What is it, where does it come from, and is it legitimate? Has anyone here read it and maybe give a quick summary?

If this has been covered in another thread, then I missed it.

I am certain there are evil white people out there that want to see mayhem . I do not disagree with what you say. However, I think they are in the minority.

I edited the post. The way it was before it made no sense. Now the post makes sense.

It made plenty of sense if we operate under the assumption that you meant to say "white community," because I have a very difficult time believing that you said something other than "white community" but your phone heard the words "white community" and used them in place of whatever you meant to say that was the complete opposite of the words "white community" and still gave you a grammatically correct sentence that was completely in line with your posting style and POV.

I meant to say that I have never met a white person that wants anyone else to be permanently poor.

Then you are lucky, in a sense, and incredibly ignorant in another….have you not been paying attention to the growing white supremacy population, the one that the intelligence agencies list as a growing threat in our military and law enforcement? They want anyone not like them to be poor or even worse…I mean, how do you come up with this garbage…..

Then you are lucky, in a sense, and incredibly ignorant in another….have you not been paying attention to the growing white supremacy population, the one that the intelligence agencies list as a growing threat in our military and law enforcement? They want anyone not like them to be poor or even worse…I mean, how do you come up with this garbage…..

I don't think it's necessarily growing as much as it's been somewhat under the surface for a lot of folks. Once Trump tapped into that, they started coming out the woodwork much more. Of course that might vary depending on location, but overall, I'm not so sure that the increased numbers are due to anything other than people were already mostly like that until Trump made it easier for it to be out in the open.

It made plenty of sense if we operate under the assumption that you meant to say "white community," because I have a very difficult time believing that you said something other than "white community" but your phone heard the words "white community" and used them in place of whatever you meant to say that was the complete opposite of the words "white community" and still gave you a grammatically correct sentence that was completely in line with your posting style and POV.
    You obviously want to demonize me. So be it!

Yes, there is a resurgence of white nationalism, particularly among non-educated redneck types. Perhaps, they wish all non-white people were dirt poor. However, I cannot understand that perspective in anyone.When I go out I do not particularly enjoy seeing poor people that are in dire straits. I feel much better when people around me are happy and thriving. So I am assuming these white people would want the same. What is the point of living in a community with so many poor disenfranchised people? Do they want this because they’re evil? I Give people the benefit of the doubt. I suspect that they are simply threatened by the resurgence of a different philosophy in America. I could be wrong, but I’m not looking at this from a Tribal perspective. If we continue on this path we Will end in a Civil War

There are more white poor people than Black poor people. That is obviously a racist statement.
    Yep, but not relative to proportion of population. Also, that statement is racist to whom? It's absolutely true.

Also, that's the other side of it. Rich white people blame black poverty on their laziness. Poor white people blame immigrants for taking their jobs.

Yep, but not relative to proportion of population. Also, that statement is racist to whom? It's absolutely true.

Also, that's the other side of it. Rich white people blame black poverty on their laziness. Poor white people blame immigrants for taking their jobs.
    The reasons for poverty in all groups are the same. However some groups are more successful than others.
    Success among Latin American immigrants is highly variable according to the nation of origin. The same can be said about Americans of European heritage. Their degree of success varies according to where their ancestors came from. The same happens with Asian immigrants. Not all of them are as successful as the South Koreans. The same applies to immigrants from Africa. Not all do as well as Nigerians. Jamaicans have a lot of success too.

The reasons for poverty in all groups are the same.
    If you mean "lack of money," then I guess this is true.
    However some groups are more successful than others.
    And away we go down the white nationalist rabbit hole.
    Success among Latin American immigrants is highly variable according to the nation of origin. The same can be said about Americans of European heritage. Their degree of success varies according to where their ancestors came from. The same happens with Asian immigrants. Not all of them are as successful as the South Koreans. The same applies to immigrants from Africa. Not all do as well as Nigerians. Jamaicans have a lot of success too.
    Is it your suggestion that financial success is dependent on ethnicity?

For reference, I'm using this definition of ethnicity:

eth·nic·i·ty
    noun
    1. the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.

If you mean "lack of money," then I guess this is true.
    Giving free fish to people do not make them wealthy. Teaching them how to fish makes them wealthy.
    And away we go down the white nationalist rabbit hole.

Is it your suggestion that financial success is dependent on ethnicity?
    You need to get rid of the nasty habit of seeing everything with racial lenses. The differences happen among Europeans when compare to themselves and among other Asians when compared to themselves.
    For reference, I'm using this definition of ethnicity:

eth·nic·i·ty
    noun
    1. the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.
    Yes, a nationality. Cubans do well, almost as well as Anglos in America. Other Latins do not do as well. I think it is related to nationality.

To which specific cultural characteristics are you referring?
    The idiosyncrasies of every nationality are quite complex. In addition, there are cultural variations within the culture itself. It s a multi factorial complex issue. One can only observe and see the differences.

I have the sensation you want another response to make a different argument. What did you expect the response to be?

Paul, I am actively giving you the benefit of the doubt here, but you don’t help your argument about tribalism by lumping entire groups of people together (by race or nationality or culture or whatever) and generalizing on their traits. Can you see that or no?

The idiosyncrasies of every nationality are quite complex. In addition, there are cultural variations within the culture itself. It s a multi factorial complex issue. One can only observe and see the differences.

I have the sensation you want another response to make a different argument. What did you expect the response to be?
    I don’t expect anything. I’m trying to get you to come to terms with your own thoughts, but you’re speaking in generalities to avoid putting in writing what you believe, perhaps subconsciously. So let’s keep digging.

What are some culturally idiosyncratic examples that make one ethnicity more likely than another to be successful?

Paul, I am actively giving you the benefit of the doubt here, but you don’t help your argument about tribalism by lumping entire groups of people together (by race or nationality or culture or whatever) and generalizing on their traits. Can you see that or no?
    I would hope I would never generalize regarding groups of people. In fact this is what I said above in pst 356:

I advocate the concept of treating each person as an individual rather than as a member of a group. In that manner the stereotypes (positive or negative) of the group does not apply.

As for tribalism: Those that are acting in a tribal manner probably do not realize they are tribal. Does a fish know he is in the water 24/7?

As for Cubans (a group i mentioned above), they are a mixture of ethnicities that are joined by nationality. That describes the group, but says nothing about an individual.

Last edited:
    I don’t expect anything. I’m trying to get you to come to terms with your own thoughts, but you’re speaking in generalities to avoid putting in writing what you believe, perhaps subconsciously. So let’s keep digging.

What are some culturally idiosyncratic examples that make one ethnicity more likely than another to be successful?
    OK, let's stay in Latin America.

In the major leagues there is a very high disproportionately number of baseball players from the Dominican Republic. The numbers are much higher than expected. It turns out that Dominicans have baseball fever. Baseball is a passion in the DR. By the same token Argentinians are passionate about soccer rather than baseball. I have never seen an Argentinian baseball player. I know they must exist, but i have never seen one.

BTW, baseball is also huge in Cuba. However, they do not have the same freedom to come to America when compared to the Dominicans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom