Critical race theory (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveXA

Reaction score
    Frankly, I'm completely ignorant when it comes to the Critical Race Theory curriculum. What is it, where does it come from, and is it legitimate? Has anyone here read it and maybe give a quick summary?

If this has been covered in another thread, then I missed it.

^ yeah I was curious about that too so I looked it up and I can't say she was wrong

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

She said the other half of Trump’s supporters “feel that the government has let them down” and are “desperate for change.”

“Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well,” she said.

^ yeah I was curious about that too so I looked it up and I can't say she was wrong

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

She said the other half of Trump’s supporters “feel that the government has let them down” and are “desperate for change.”

Frankly I think she was being generous by saying half fall in the basket of deplorables. I think the number is higher, probably 70%. It was a stupid thing to say as a politician, but sometimes the truth is stupid.

Frankly I think she was being generous by saying half fall in the basket of deplorables. I think the number is higher, probably 70%. It was a stupid thing to say as a politician, but sometimes the truth is stupid.

Yep, she was absolutely right, even if it was a dumb thing for her to say.

It is quite likely that the deplorable comment lost the election for HRC. It is was a tribal comment to firm her base.

My dad is the only person I personally know that shut the fork up about Trump after his post-election BS combined with January 6th.. true sign of the deplorable if you've stuck with him beyond that (yeah sure it's divisive but I'm beyond giving a shirt about self-censoring myself when it comes to Trump.)

That was too tribal Saint.

I’ll admit the last 4 years have pushed me into more of a tribal mindset. I find what Trump has done to the nation and the Republican Party so repugnant I want to completely disassociate myself with it. After I was vaccinated I still wore a mask because I didn’t want anyone to think I was a Trumo supporter. That’s how fanatically anti-Trump I am.

I don’t really identify with a tribe, but I am certainly anti one particular tribe. Like I have said before I’m really honest about my biases. We all have them, most people just aren’t honest about what they are.

It is quite likely that the deplorable comment lost the election for HRC. It is was a tribal comment to firm her base.

I think it was a few factors. She didn't have a lot of charisma. I think the media and the DNC had already anointed her before primaries took off (anyone remember that third guy? O'Malley? Seemed he was hardly a blip in the news). But one thing for sure, the right loves to latch on to something (D) says and use it as a weapon. Kind of like CRT and defund the police.

I'm not so sure of your other comment that Bernie supporters voted for trump (at least not in a huge quantity so not sure how much of a difference those votes made). Being a Bernie supporter myself, I sure as hell didn't vote for that piece of shirt trump. I'm more inclined to believe that a lot of Bernie supporters just didn't vote for anyone vs casting their vote for Trump. I used to make this joke before the election about the people will get the president they deserve vs the president they need. Not saying HC would have been amazing, probably mediocre, but my personal belief is Trump set this country back decades and mediocre would have been preferred over that. But you know what they say about hindsight.

What kind of nonsense is it that when you observe racism, sexism, homophobia and/or other biases you aren’t allowed to call them what they are?

This is a completely looney mindset, IMO.

What you permit, you promote. By not calling it out, you are in fact giving tacit approval.

We are headed for a very dark place if these things are looked at as just another way of thinking. They are deplorable. And they should be labeled as such.

One thing that struck me about Jan. 6 was the observation of an older couple who said they make it a point to go to every DC protest or march. It is sort of their hobby. They genuinely like people and enjoy mixing with all types.

They said what absolutely shocked them early on was that everyone at the rally on Jan. 6 just accepted the people wearing the anti-Semitic slogan tee shirts, the ones saying the Holocaust didn’t go far enough. And the ones who clearly were racist, etc. They were just an accepted part of the Trump crowd. They said they had never seen that before.

Thats not a good thing. IMO.

I think it was a few factors. She didn't have a lot of charisma. I think the media and the DNC had already anointed her before primaries took off (anyone remember that third guy? O'Malley? Seemed he was hardly a blip in the news). But one thing for sure, the right loves to latch on to something (D) says and use it as a weapon. Kind of like CRT and defund the police.
    Once the grabbing arse recording was made public just before the election everybody in the world assume HRC would win.
    I'm not so sure of your other comment that Bernie supporters voted for trump (at least not in a huge quantity so not sure how much of a difference those votes made). Being a Bernie supporter myself, I sure as hell didn't vote for that piece of shirt trump. I'm more inclined to believe that a lot of Bernie supporters just didn't vote for anyone vs casting their vote for Trump. I used to make this joke before the election about the people will get the president they deserve vs the president they need. Not saying HC would have been amazing, probably mediocre, but my personal belief is Trump set this country back decades and mediocre would have been preferred over that. But you know what they say about hindsight.
    Trump and Bernie had a message about jobs that resonated with white blue collar types. HRC had a social justice message that resonated with LGBTQIA+, many POC, and immigrants. This latter message made no sense to blue collar types in the heartland. This people remain patriotic and they see the left as a threat to their culture. It is not so much an issue of race. Most white people want black people to flourish. However, they feel threatened when they are told 24/7 they are the bad guy in the movie.

Last edited:
    Once the grabbing arse recording was made public just before the election everybody in the world assume HRC would win.

Trump and Bernie had a message about jobs that resonated with white blue collar types. HRC had a social justice message that resonated with LGBTQIA+, many POC, and immigrants. This latter message made no sense to blue collar types in the heartland. This people remain patriotic and they see the left as a threat to their culture. It is not so much an issue of race. Most white people want the white community to flourish. However, they feel threatened when they are told 24/7 they are the bad guy in the movie.
    I’m not even sure where to begin here. Most white people never think of the “white community”. We think of America, and the worst of us assume it belongs to white people over everyone else. But nobody other than white supremacists think of the “white community”.

Trump and Bernie had a message about jobs that resonated with white blue collar types. HRC had a social justice message that resonated with LGBTQIA+, many POC, and immigrants.

I'd really like to know where you get your information from (see post 304 which I guess you missed) because out of the two? Bernie had more of the progressives and addressed inequality a lot more than HC. That was one thing that turned a lot of them off to HC because she was not seen as progressive enough.

I'd really like to know where you get your information from (see post 304 which I guess you missed) because out of the two? Bernie had more of the progressives and addressed inequality a lot more than HC. That was one thing that turned a lot of them off to HC because she was not seen as progressive enough.
    Nevertheless, Among black Americans Bernie Sanders was not popular. The message regarding the of plight of the middle class unemployed person that Bernie Sanders gave did not resonate. In my opinion segments the Democrat party paid too much attention to race and gender politics. Obviously many knew this was a problem and hence the establishment wanted Joe Biden as someone who was closer to the center.

Kamala was then selected to solidify the black vote.

I prefer Harris and Biden over a lunatic than Trump so I am happy. However, I dislike race and gender ID politics. That type of tribalism is divisive and not good for the United States. The country needs common cultural values.

There is no such thing as the white community or the black community or the Latin or the Asian community. We are all individuals and hence we do not conform to the group.

There is no such thing as the white community or the black community or the Latin or the Asian community. We are all individuals and hence we do not conform to the group.

You literally just spoke of what you think white people want for the white community.

I’m not even sure where to begin here. Most white people never think of the “white community”. We think of America, and the worst of us assume it belongs to white people over everyone else. But nobody other than white supremacists think of the “white community”.
    I went back and read my post. I don’t know why it says white community. I dictated the post using my iPhone and perhaps it typed the wrong words.

My dad is the only person I personally know that shut the fork up about Trump after his post-election BS combined with January 6th.. true sign of the deplorable if you've stuck with him beyond that (yeah sure it's divisive but I'm beyond giving a shirt about self-censoring myself when it comes to Trump.)

I have two uncles that were in the military, one retired after 26 years in service. After Trump shirt all over the military I figured that would be the final straw in their support... nope. They still supported him and his policies and rhetoric. After the "grab them by the arse" (this got censored but everyone will remember his comment), I figured women would abandon him.. nope. Evangelicals? Stormy Daniels says hello and the head of the evangelicals was on record saying "we'll give him a mulligan for that". That is some diehard blind devotion

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom