Critical race theory (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveXA

Reaction score
Frankly, I'm completely ignorant when it comes to the Critical Race Theory curriculum. What is it, where does it come from, and is it legitimate? Has anyone here read it and maybe give a quick summary?

If this has been covered in another thread, then I missed it.

Yea, also they love to talk about individual outcomes to show everyone has a chance.

The mean outcomes of each group should be similar though. If they are not, something is causing it.
Saying the mean outcomes should be similar is another way of saying that the finishing points should be the same. The causes of differences are complex, and can't be boiled down to systemic racism. It may play a part, and wherever it does exist, then we should reform that system.

lapaz: There are lots of examples of systemic racism that haven’t been eradicated yet.

Studies show that black children are punished more harshly than white children for the same infractions. Young black men are sentenced to more time in jail than their white counterparts for the same offenses. Black women die in childbirth at a higher rate than white women. Just last year a frustrated home owner got widely varying appraisals of her home when she got some white friends to pretend to be the home owners.

Some of the previous examples of systemic racism are still having effects today. The way highways were targeted to black neighborhoods. Black neighborhoods are a lot more likely to be located near toxic waste sites, and the people there are still suffering from health effects related to that.

This is just what occurs to me immediately. There are a lot more. Heck, the GA trial that just ended today didn’t happen until the video of the event became public. The first prosecutor, who looked at the video and said it wasn’t a crime, has been indicted, IIRC. It took 70 some days before the murderers were even charged. Would that have happened had three black men killed a white jogger? Why not?

Saying the mean outcomes should be similar is another way of saying that the finishing points should be the same. The causes of differences are complex, and can't be boiled down to systemic racism. It may play a part, and wherever it does exist, then we should reform that system.
No it’s not. Mean is a statistical measure. If there are no differences in opportunity between two populations, you would expect the mean outcomes for these populations to be similar. If the outcomes are not different, there is something affecting the outcomes. People are people, especially if your sample size is huge as in the entire population of the country.

lapaz: There are lots of examples of systemic racism that haven’t been eradicated yet.

Studies show that black children are punished more harshly than white children for the same infractions. Young black men are sentenced to more time in jail than their white counterparts for the same offenses. Black women die in childbirth at a higher rate than white women. Just last year a frustrated home owner got widely varying appraisals of her home when she got some white friends to pretend to be the home owners.

Some of the previous examples of systemic racism are still having effects today. The way highways were targeted to black neighborhoods. Black neighborhoods are a lot more likely to be located near toxic waste sites, and the people there are still suffering from health effects related to that.

This is just what occurs to me immediately. There are a lot more. Heck, the GA trial that just ended today didn’t happen until the video of the event became public. The first prosecutor, who looked at the video and said it wasn’t a crime, has been indicted, IIRC. It took 70 some days before the murderers were even charged. Would that have happened had three black men killed a white jogger? Why not?
I would have to review those studies on kids. I think people want to believe there is racism, and don’t look for other explanations. I suspect that the infractions usually are not the same. I have heard about sentences not being meted out evenly, but whenever I follow a case, the sentences seem fair. Do you believe black women may die more frequently during childbirth because of racists doctors or because they don’t have as much money to afford extra care? I think the latter is more likely, and that isn’t racism. That happens to all poor, regardless of their race.

I don’t know what would’ve happened if 3 black men had killed a white jogger, because the media doesn’t seem to cover those crimes as much. Those crimes happen as well, but the only one I remember getting coverage was OJ Simpson. Those Aubury shooters deserved everything they've gotten, and I'm very glad that they got convicted, but I suspect that there wouldn’t be as much outrage and pressure to convict had they been black shooters. The black community might’ve tried to defend them for all I know, like they defended Simpson.

Last edited:
Do we completely ignore the fact that I said this was not just a black problem but a everybody problem? The democrats don't care what color you are (except for propaganda terms) as long you want that 'free' money and will vote for those that offer you the free money. At this point, the Dems are just flat out buying votes. Remember the 2K in the GA runoff?

You say it's buying votes. America has never had higher income inequality. I can link you studies that show the lack of good pay is a primary, if not the main driver of the rise in the age of marriage, and the overall decline in marriage. On top of stagnant wages you have increased cost. What are things that have dramatically increased in cost: college tuition, medical cost, and home prices. AFAIK, there is no conservative plan to tackle any of these issues.

"Buying votes" means not being a psychopath.

The last time Republicans had total power under Trump. You got tax cuts for rich people. That was the ONLY legislation they passed.

Do you consider your vote more honorable because you vote against your own self interest? It's not.

I don't know about toxic dumps, but poor neighborhoods are often situated downwind of industry. These neighborhoods suffer more air pollution then other parts of the cities.

I don’t know what would’ve happened if 3 black men had killed a white jogger, because the media doesn’t seem to cover those crimes as much.

Next time 3 black men take it upon themselves to attempt a "citizen's arrest" which really entails a hunting expedition and wind up shooting said white jogger....and the black DA attempts to bury it and the only reason it even comes to light at all is because one of the black men (moronically, idiotically takes an unsecured video of the murder) and it gets leaked? Please let me know.....

Next time 3 black men take it upon themselves to attempt a "citizen's arrest" which really entails a hunting expedition and wind up shooting said white jogger....and the black DA attempts to bury it and the only reason it even comes to light at all is because one of the black men (moronically, idiotically takes an unsecured video of the murder) and it gets leaked? Please let me know.....
The DA is being charged as appropriate, and the 3 white men got convicted with life sentences, as appropriate. In other words, this defies the popular belief that justice isn't blind. I'm not naïve enough to believe that it is truly blind, but it is a lot more near-sighted than popular belief. I suspect that the vast majority of injustices were due to poor legal representation, not due to racism. The correlation to race will probably be due to the proportions of society of each race that is poor.

The DA is being charged as appropriate, and the 3 white men got convicted with life sentences, as appropriate. In other words, this defies the popular belief that justice isn't blind. I'm not naïve enough to believe that it is truly blind, but it is a lot more near-sighted than popular belief. I suspect that the vast majority of injustices were due to poor legal representation, not due to racism. The correlation to race will probably be due to the proportions of society of each race that is poor.

Justice damn sure tried to turn a blind eye towards this. The authorities tried to bury it.

Beyond that, if the vast majority of injustice is due to poor legal representation, the question becomes why is there such a disparity in the competence of legal counsel?

You say it's buying votes. America has never had higher income inequality. I can link you studies that show the lack of good pay is a primary, if not the main driver of the rise in the age of marriage, and the overall decline in marriage. On top of stagnant wages you have increased cost. What are things that have dramatically increased in cost: college tuition, medical cost, and home prices. AFAIK, there is no conservative plan to tackle any of these issues.

"Buying votes" means not being a psychopath.

The last time Republicans had total power under Trump. You got tax cuts for rich people. That was the ONLY legislation they passed.

Do you consider your vote more honorable because you vote against your own self interest? It's not.
I largely agree with you, but I think most income inequality is due to non-wage wealth growth. We need to tax passive non-wage income similar to earned wages. I would tax all passive new capital, such as gifts, short term capital gains and stocks distributions, similar to earned wages. I wouldn't go as far as to tax existing capital that increases in value, because I don't believe it is fair to make people sell off their assets to pay taxes. They can pay when and if they choose to sell. Sometimes those assets lose value, and we don't give people money back, unless they sell at a loss, so we shouldn't make them pay just for holding assets that happen to increase in value.

The DA is being charged as appropriate, and the 3 white men got convicted with life sentences, as appropriate. In other words, this defies the popular belief that justice isn't blind.

In this case it is very fortunate that justice even got a chance....which is kind of my point...makes you wonder, no?

I don't know about toxic dumps, but poor neighborhoods are often situated downwind of industry. These neighborhoods suffer more air pollution then other parts of the cities.
That is probably because that real estate is undesirable, so it is cheaper, and that means it’ll be populated by poorer people. Air pollution is something that all should want to improve, and I think that has been happening for decades.

Justice damn sure tried to turn a blind eye towards this. The authorities tried to bury it.

Beyond that, if the vast majority of injustice is due to poor legal representation, the question becomes why is there such a disparity in the competence of legal counsel?
Because everyone can’t have the best legal council. It is a fantasy to think poorer people will get the best representation on a regular basis; however, tools such as DNA and video are closing the gap.

Because everyone can’t have the best legal council. It is a fantasy to think poorer people will get the best representation on a regular basis; however, tools such as DNA and video are closing the gap.

And those poorer people tend to be minorities. It's a product of systemic racism.

All real estate should hold the same value regardless of terrain, location, accessibility? Equity of real estate?

What world do you live in? real estate near industries that pollute, chemical and waste hazards and such....Never heard of cancer alley?

Many folks have died, been sickened by the irresponsibility and negligence of large chemical corporations....

Real estate there is not very expensive.....for good reason

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom