Critical race theory (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveXA

Reaction score
    Frankly, I'm completely ignorant when it comes to the Critical Race Theory curriculum. What is it, where does it come from, and is it legitimate? Has anyone here read it and maybe give a quick summary?

If this has been covered in another thread, then I missed it.

What about racism 100 years ago?

Could someone born in 2010 be hindered because of the Jim Crow era?
    I know this wasn't asked of me, but it got me thinking. Could they? Yes. Should they? No.

There is a political party that wants them to still be hindered because it supplies votes with no, and I will stress 'no', actual solutions besides failed promises and divisive talk. This is strictly for votes.

No matter what color your skin, what god you worship (besides the false god of equity and inclusion) you are in the most advantages time and place/society in all of human history to thrive, excel and build generational wealth. One side like to pretend that doesn't exists. All it takes is some self accountability and not blaming everything about life on a race of different people. The examples are out there and overwhelming but are ignored or vilified as being 'white adjacent' or 'white allies'.

I know this wasn't asked of me, but it got me thinking. Could they? Yes. Should they? No.

There is a political party that wants them to still be hindered because it supplies votes with no, and I will stress 'no', actual solutions besides failed promises and divisive talk. This is strictly for votes.

No matter what color your skin, what god you worship (besides the false god of equity and inclusion) you are in the most advantages time and place/society in all of human history to thrive, excel and build generational wealth. One side like to pretend that doesn't exists. All it takes is some self accountability and not blaming everything about life on a race of different people. The examples are out there and overwhelming but are ignored or vilified as being 'white adjacent' or 'white allies'.
    So it is your argument that there are no “real” lasting effects of racism from slavery, Jim Crow, and the civil rights era?

That any hindrance black people experience is all in their heads? And if they would just quit thinking about racism, they would be on a completely equal playing field with white people?

Do I understand you correctly?

Do you think the education and wealth of someone's great grandfather is generally an indicator of their level of education and wealth?

Sure there are exceptions, but someone whose great grandfather had, for example, a masters degree and actually left some wealth behind for their children is more likely to be successful.

No matter what color your skin, what god you worship (besides the false god of equity and inclusion) you are in the most advantages time and place/society in all of human history to thrive, excel and build generational wealth.
    This is a completely empty statement.

It can be said at pretty much every point in history going back millennia. Every "time" can look back 20, 50, 100 years prior and say "well things are better now than they were back then." It's true, but it means little as in 20, 50, 100 years from now we will look back and see that things were worse now than they will be in the future.

It definitely doesn't mean there isn't still significant progress to be made.

Do you think the education and wealth of someone's great grandfather is generally an indicator of their level of education and wealth?

Sure there are exceptions, but someone whose great grandfather had, for example, a masters degree and actually left some wealth behind for their children is more likely to be successful.
    Ok. I can admit that since is obvious. How do you think it should be corrected in today's society?
    A person can only blame the past and others for so long before they have to do something themselves. If you want other to succeed for you and put in no effort except to complain and fall into a self fulfilling prophecy of despair and victimhood.

Ok. I can admit that since is obvious. How do you think it should be corrected in today's society?
    The fairest way to achieve parity and to finally put to rest the fact that the sins of the past disadvantage those in the present is to provide financial reparations equal to the economic benefit provided to whites from slavery and other historical oppressions, compounded over the number of years they have not been made whole.

A few trillion ought to do it.

A person can only blame the past and others for so long before they have to do something themselves. If you want other to succeed for you and put in no effort except to complain and fall into a self fulfilling prophecy of despair and victimhood.

Acknowledging white privilege and the advantage you and I have because of it would be a good start.

Yet a a good start. And then you can keep whining that more and more needs to be done with no definitive endpoint
    Lol, oh no, we might slowly and falteringly move toward a more just America? The horror!

Someday, black children may not be punished more severely than white children by schools for the same infractions? That would be awful! 🙄

Someday we will stop redlining, and houses will be appraised based on their actual value irrespective of the color of owner’s skin? Blasphemy! 🙄

Nothing that needs to happen would hurt you. Honest. You don’t need to be afraid.

Yet a a good start. And then you can keep whining that more and more needs to be done with no definitive endpoint
    I provided you an option that could be an endpoint, but you lol’d it.

I provided you an option that could be an endpoint, but you lol’d it.
    Yes I LOL’ed it because none of you would view it as an endpoint. Yet here you are claiming it could be. It is laughable that you would even insinuate it could be an endpoint

Lol, oh no, we might slowly and falteringly move toward a more just America? The horror!

Someday, black children may not be punished more severely than white children by schools for the same infractions? That would be awful! 🙄

Someday we will stop redlining, and houses will be appraised based on their actual value irrespective of the color of owner’s skin? Blasphemy! 🙄

Nothing that needs to happen would hurt you. Honest. You don’t need to be afraid.
    Do we have a link or source that shows black school children get punished more?

I agree with redlining. I am all for just making squares or something similar over a map for voting purposes.

Acknowledging white privilege and the advantage you and I have because of it would be a good start.
    I don't think white privledge is a thing. In order to believe that, you have to believe that the majority of people are in this country are racist, and I don't. How else could you claim people are unjustly helped or harmed by the color of their skin?
    White privledge is a term created for political ends to divide for votes.

I don't think white privledge is a thing. In order to believe that, you have to believe that the majority of people are in this country are racist, and I don't. How else could you claim people are unjustly helped or harmed by the color of their skin?
    White privledge is a term created for political ends to divide for votes.
    Yea, i know you don't think white privilege is a thing.

That is a huge part of the problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom