Critical race theory (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveXA

Reaction score
    Frankly, I'm completely ignorant when it comes to the Critical Race Theory curriculum. What is it, where does it come from, and is it legitimate? Has anyone here read it and maybe give a quick summary?

If this has been covered in another thread, then I missed it.

No one should. Nor should they be proud of their ancestors.
    Agreed! This is what Ayn Rand says on the subject.

"Like every other form of collectivism, racism is a quest for the unearned. It is a quest for automatic knowledge—for an automatic evaluation of men’s characters that bypasses the responsibility of exercising rational or moral judgment—and, above all, a quest for an automatic self-esteem (or pseudo-self-esteem)."

It’s actually appalling. When it fits their own agenda, Republicans and their media lap dogs want to control womens’ health decisions, they want to control parents’ decisions about their children’s healthcare, they want to control the words that teachers are allowed to utter in classrooms, they want to ban certain books from schools. They want to compel private internet companies to carry their words. Now they want to control how private companies conduct their employee training. They want to prevent private businesses from requiring vaccines, they want to prevent local schools from enacting mask mandates to protect kids.

They also want to exalt their thugs as “patriots” when they riot, attack police officers and loot the Capitol, while saying that other folks deserved to be shot in the streets.

We are watching the party of Lincoln turn into fascists. There’s really no better word to describe this sort of behavior.

And people who self-describe as “libertarian” nod and go along with it.

Are you opposed to private companies enacting their own policies? Perhaps the government should regulate how AT&T runs its business?
    Private enterprises should do as they please. However, it is obvious they do this to appear as good guys and to avoid being canceled. It is a good move by them, however, it in unfortunate because it probably makes some people uncomfortable.

I work in a small mom and pop business with about 40 employees. We have all been together for over 20 years and it is incredibly multicultural and multiethnic. The business manager is gay and I went to my first gay wedding when he married. If we ever set up a plan to discuss racism, sexism, homophobia, or any other ism it would have a chilling effect on the harmony and unity among us.

They were just busted for basically funding NewsMax or OANN or one of those crazy right wing networks. That's a hell of two pronged strategy for a corporation, talk about keeping a toe in each pond.

But a lot of that just seems overblown (as all of these complaints about racial bias training usually are). I also find it funny that some of what's in that blog is controversial, but also very typical for everything surrounding race nowadays. We must not "offend" in telling our history or they'll be a riot at a school board meeting. So let's sugarcoat all of it for the easy consumption of the offended.

Private enterprises should do as they please. However, it is obvious they do this to appear as good guys and to avoid being canceled. It is a good move by them, however, it in unfortunate because it probably makes some people uncomfortable.

I work in a small mom and pop business with about 40 employees. We have all been together for over 20 years and it is incredibly multicultural and multiethnic. The business manager is gay and I went to my first gay wedding when he married. If we ever set up a plan to discuss racism, sexism, homophobia, or any other ism it would have a chilling effect on the harmony and unity among us.
    In the end, would companies be doing these things if they didn't think it would appeal to the majority of their customer-base? I'm not saying this is the ideal way to do things, but I chuckle when so-called Libertarians like SFL get angry at 'corporate wokeness.' That's the free market at work.

They were just busted for basically funding NewsMax or OANN or one of those crazy right wing networks. That's a hell of two pronged strategy for a corporation, talk about keeping a toe in each pond.

But a lot of that just seems overblown (as all of these complaints about racial bias training usually are). I also find it funny that some of what's in that blog is controversial, but also very typical for everything surrounding race nowadays. We must not "offend" in telling our history or they'll be a riot at a school board meeting. So let's sugarcoat all of it for the easy consumption of the offended.

Yea conservatives should stop watching OAN in protest of their parent company.

I already quit AT&T a couple of weeks ago, any corporation playing both sides of the culture wars should be eradicated because they are more responsible for driving radicalization than any of the true believers on either side.

In the end, would companies be doing these things if they didn't think it would appeal to the majority of their customer-base? I'm not saying this is the ideal way to do things, but I chuckle when so-called Libertarians like SFL get angry at 'corporate wokeness.' That's the free market at work.
    I think it is fine as long as there is no gestapo looking for people that are not 100% woke. The danger in these activities is the opposite of libertarian. That is why libertarians get nervous. These people cross the line where liberalism becomes a system with no personal freedom and maximum oppression.

Yeah this sounds reasonable....not quite.

On the first page of AT&T’s Listen Understand Act internal portal, the company encourages employees to study a resource called “White America, if you want to know who’s responsible for racism, look in the mirror.” The article claims that the United States is a “racist society” and lays out its thesis plainly: “White people, you are the problem. Regardless of how much you say you detest racism, you are the sole reason it has flourished for centuries.” The author, Dahleen Glanton, writes that “American racism is a uniquely white trait” and that “Black people cannot be racist.” White women, she claims, “have been telling lies on black men since they were first brought to America in chains,” and, along with their white male counterparts, “enjoy the opportunities and privileges that white supremacy affords [them].”

In the “Act” section of the training program, AT&T encourages employees to participate in a “21-Day Racial Equity Habit Challenge” that relies on the concepts of “whiteness,” “white privilege,” and “white supremacy.” The program instructs AT&T employees to “do one action [per day for 21 days] to further [their] understanding of power, privilege, supremacy, oppression, and equity.” The challenge begins with a series of lessons on “whiteness,” which claims, among other things, that “white supremacy [is] baked into our country’s foundation,” that “Whiteness is one of the biggest and most long-running scams ever perpetrated,” and that the “weaponization of whiteness” creates a “constant barrage of harm” for minorities. The 21-Day Challenge also directs employees to articles and videos promoting fashionable left-wing causes, including “reparations,” “defund police,” and “trans activism,” with further instruction to “follow, quote, repost, and retweet” organizations including the Transgender Training Institute and the National Center for Transgender Equality.

Yeah this sounds reasonable....not quite.

On the first page of AT&T’s Listen Understand Act internal portal, the company encourages employees to study a resource called “White America, if you want to know who’s responsible for racism, look in the mirror.” The article claims that the United States is a “racist society” and lays out its thesis plainly: “White people, you are the problem. Regardless of how much you say you detest racism, you are the sole reason it has flourished for centuries.” The author, Dahleen Glanton, writes that “American racism is a uniquely white trait” and that “Black people cannot be racist.” White women, she claims, “have been telling lies on black men since they were first brought to America in chains,” and, along with their white male counterparts, “enjoy the opportunities and privileges that white supremacy affords [them].”

In the “Act” section of the training program, AT&T encourages employees to participate in a “21-Day Racial Equity Habit Challenge” that relies on the concepts of “whiteness,” “white privilege,” and “white supremacy.” The program instructs AT&T employees to “do one action [per day for 21 days] to further [their] understanding of power, privilege, supremacy, oppression, and equity.” The challenge begins with a series of lessons on “whiteness,” which claims, among other things, that “white supremacy [is] baked into our country’s foundation,” that “Whiteness is one of the biggest and most long-running scams ever perpetrated,” and that the “weaponization of whiteness” creates a “constant barrage of harm” for minorities. The 21-Day Challenge also directs employees to articles and videos promoting fashionable left-wing causes, including “reparations,” “defund police,” and “trans activism,” with further instruction to “follow, quote, repost, and retweet” organizations including the Transgender Training Institute and the National Center for Transgender Equality.
    Free market, dawg. You can't ignore me forever!

Free market, dawg. You can't ignore me forever!
    If you start answering questions with specific details I will gladly respond to you. If you continue to avoid answering questions with specificity then I will continue to ignore you.

Your response of free market dawg falls in line of your answers lacking specific refutations.

There’s not one ambiguous thing about what he is saying. Let’s try this again:

Do you believe AT&T has a right to do their employee orientation any way they want or no? If they shouldn’t have that right, who gets to tell them how to conduct their business?

A real Libertarian wouldn’t have any trouble answering these questions.

There’s not one ambiguous thing about what he is saying. Let’s try this again:

Do you believe AT&T has a right to do their employee orientation any way they want or no? If they shouldn’t have that right, who gets to tell them how to conduct their business?

A real Libertarian wouldn’t have any trouble answering these questions.
    AT & T should be able to do whatever they want.

Libertarians have issues with imposed dogma in a MAOist style.
    OTOH, I suspect people do the programs and move on.
    The programs that put massive emphasis on racial differences and protocols on how to interact with minorities can also have a chilling effect and cause lack of unity by reaffirming the difference and dividing workers as oppressors and victims.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom