Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score

Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen​

Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen - Yahoo Sports
    Do you agree with Harrison?

After delivering some incendiary comments about Covid and President Biden, Butker got around to what he perceives as a woman’s ultimate and rightful place: the kitchen.
    “I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolic lies told to you. Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.

"Our Catholic faith has always been countercultural. Our Lord, along with countless followers, were all put to death for their adherence to her teachings"
    "I never envisioned myself, nor wanted, to have this sort of a platform, but God has given it to me, so I have no other choice but to embrace it and preach more hard truths about accepting your lane and staying in it."
    "As members of the church founded by Jesus Christ, it is our duty and ultimately privilege to be authentically and unapologetically Catholic. Don’t be mistaken, even within the Church, people in polite Catholic circles will try to persuade you to remain silent."
    "For as a father loves his child, so a shepherd should love his spiritual children, too."

You can read it yourself. Lots of good christian values in there. Are you saying it is not a christian/Catholic speech, tbh, I am confused on your point.

Do you think the mother/child relationship is not the basic building block of the family (I would include the father or simply call it the nuclear family but I have a feeling you will ask me a question about nuclear physics or something so I will just limit this to mother/child).
    His commentary regarding neither wanting nor envisioning having that sort of problem is disingenuous. Were that the case he would have turned down the engagement.

As for your comment regarding Christian values? It is flawed. I see much theology/dogma of thre Roman Church. This is not arbitrarily the same as “Christian values” as other denominations might have disagreement. But, no, I asked for Christian values but perhaps I should have narrowed my focus to accommodate more deflection and tap-dancing. Where are the Christian values that are related to women working or not working?

LOL, do you think so? Zinger!
    Since the Church does not speak for God despite the doctrine, arguably, of Ex Cathedra his question has value.

Non-responsive. Try again. And read the whole link including “diabolical lies…”
    Did he mention to paths and 2 sets of women?

"Some of you" and "the majority of you" would indicate 2 group, correct?

His commentary regarding neither wanting nor envisioning having that sort of problem is disingenuous. Were that the case he would have turned down the engagement.

As for your comment regarding Christian values? It is flawed. I see much theology/dogma of thre Roman Church. This is not arbitrarily the same as “Christian values” as other denominations might have disagreement. But, no, I asked for Christian values but perhaps I should have narrowed my focus to accommodate more deflection and tap-dancing. Where are the Christian values that are related to women working or not working?
    Is Catholicism a Christian religion?

Since the Church does not speak for God despite the doctrine, arguably, of Ex Cathedra his question has value.
    No, it doesn't. We are discussing a speech that was given. Purposely failing to comprehend the speech for the sake of juvenile quick about a person religion does add to the conversation so it does not add value to this discussion.

Did he mention to paths and 2 sets of women?

"Some of you" and "the majority of you" would indicate 2 group, correct?
    We will start with his lie about Congress passing a bill that says saying who killed Jesus could land you in jail.

Obviously, this devout Christian full of Christian morality has no problem lying.

A woman’s life does not really begin until they begin their vocation (Roman Church dogma-speak) as a wife and a mother.

This is followed by a further lie: “it is through our marriage that, Lord willing, we will both obtain salvation.” Pathetic Christ said nothing about marriage playing any role in salvation.

Beyond that Butker’s speech is loaded with patriarchal doctrine disguised as Christianity.

Is Catholicism a Christian religion?
    They would call themselves the “True Faith”. Southern Baptists would likely disagree. Anglicans/Episcopals would note in the documents located in the Book of Coomon Prayer that the Roman Church errored in ceremonies and dogma.

What is Christianity?

No, it doesn't. We are discussing a speech that was given. Purposely failing to comprehend the speech for the sake of juvenile quick about a person religion does add to the conversation so it does not add value to this discussion.
    Purposely ignoring the context of the speech to attempt games of gotcha boots nothing, so to speak.

They would call themselves the “True Faith”. Southern Baptists would likely disagree. Anglicans/Episcopals would note in the documents located in the Book of Coomon Prayer that the Roman Church errored in ceremonies and dogma.

What is Christianity?
    And they would be wrong.

Who founded the Catholic church?

And they would be wrong.

Saul mostly.

Without him, Gentiles would have never been Christian and they would have just been another Jewish sect. So you can probably give him most of the credit.

Second place goes to the First Council of Nicaea that codified most of the early dogma.

And they would be wrong.

Paul. The Christ spoke Aramaic. The gospels at least the oldest copies which do not dare to the first century CE were written in Greek. The concept of “church” did not exist in Hebrew. Furthermore, the Gospels were collections of oral stories written down to establish various theological concepts.

Of course, you seem to present as Roman Catholic. Unfortunately, dogma unrelated to much of what the Christ is alleged to have said moved to fill in the voids created by a lack of scripture and deity approved actions/rules etc. such dogma was man created.

What was the context of the speech?
    Pushing out a combination of Butker’s personal belief structures as well as Roman belief structures. The example of the Tridentine mass as well as obtaining salvation via his marriage are good examples.

or current, I guess that depends on your values, just like he mentioned in his speech
    If you have 18th century values in the 21st century, sure :hihi:

Did you know that, in the 18th century, the age of consent was 12?

Which begs the question, why would a Christian college accept females, if working females are against the college's values?
    Females in the workforce are against this college's values, I didn't pick that up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom