Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score

Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen​

Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen - Yahoo Sports
    Do you agree with Harrison?

After delivering some incendiary comments about Covid and President Biden, Butker got around to what he perceives as a woman’s ultimate and rightful place: the kitchen.
    “I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolic lies told to you. Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.

That a good story. Good for you for doing what you love. Why can't everyone else even if they want a different life of what you chose and what your daughter chose?
    Ask Butker the same question. It is for him like it is for you:

None. Of. Your. Business.

Where did he say females can't be professionals?
    Did he not say that women aren’t really alive until they become a wife and mother? Did he not say that telling women they can get satisfaction and fulfillment out of a career is a cruel deception?

I would imagine that woman got some fulfillment from saving a life.

Did he not say that women aren’t really alive until they become a wife and mother? Did he not say that telling women they can get satisfaction and fulfillment out of a career is a cruel deception?

I would imagine that woman got some fulfillment from saving a life.
    Did he? Can you show me where he said that? I included the text from his speech below for your convenience. He did say that about his wife but I can't find in the speech where he said 'all women'. Can you at least admit that he was specifically talking about 2 different life paths for women?

"I can tell you that my beautiful wife, Isabelle, would be the first to say that her life truly started when she began living her vocation as a wife and as a mother. I’m on the stage today and able to be the man I am because I have a wife who leans into her vocation. I’m beyond blessed with the many talents God has given me, but it cannot be overstated that all of my success is made possible because a girl I met in band class back in middle school would convert to the faith, become my wife, and embrace one of the most important titles of all: homemaker."
    'For the ladies present today, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment. You should be proud of all that you have achieved to this point in your young lives. I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you. How many of you are sitting here now about to cross this stage and are thinking about all the promotions and titles you are going to get in your career? Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.'

Did he? Can you show me where he said that? I included the text from his speech below for your convenience. He did say that about his wife but I can't find in the speech where he said 'all women'. Can you at least admit that he was specifically talking about 2 different life paths for women?

"I can tell you that my beautiful wife, Isabelle, would be the first to say that her life truly started when she began living her vocation as a wife and as a mother. I’m on the stage today and able to be the man I am because I have a wife who leans into her vocation. I’m beyond blessed with the many talents God has given me, but it cannot be overstated that all of my success is made possible because a girl I met in band class back in middle school would convert to the faith, become my wife, and embrace one of the most important titles of all: homemaker."
    'For the ladies present today, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment. You should be proud of all that you have achieved to this point in your young lives. I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you. How many of you are sitting here now about to cross this stage and are thinking about all the promotions and titles you are going to get in your career? Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.'

Yeah, he said it in the part you conveniently failed to highlight.

"I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you."

Cruel is a synonym for diabolical and deception is a synonym for lie. I've attached a visual aid for reference.

Screenshot 2024-07-02 3.03.00 PM.png

You actually think that quote helps your case in defending him? Bless your heart ….

Since you seem to not understand, I will help you out: yes, he talks about 2 different paths. He says one path is his wife’s true vocation, and her only reason for living. Then he says that the women in the audience, who have presumably chosen paths leading to careers, have been cruelly deceived. And that the majority of them are more excited about becoming a wife and mother than about their careers.

Totally arrogant, totally dismissive of women as actual people and not avatars for their husband’s accomplishments. Such a meanie.

Okay the censor changes the work to meanie, that is totally not equivalent. Starts with a PR. Ends with ICK.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom