Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score

Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen​

Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen - Yahoo Sports
    Do you agree with Harrison?

After delivering some incendiary comments about Covid and President Biden, Butker got around to what he perceives as a woman’s ultimate and rightful place: the kitchen.
    “I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolic lies told to you. Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.

Calling for him to be kicked off (lol) the team is dumb, though. He can just be flogged on social media, no need to lose his job over it. His ideas suck, but he gets to have them.

Chargers got it right, lol.

Yeah agree - the “he should be fired!” mob are wrong-headed. But he certainly can be ridiculed.

I bet he’s planning for politics after football. He’ll be joining the ranks of the very brave persecuted bigots performatively clothed the right of God’s word that should make laws.

Patrick Mahomes says he doesn’t share many of the views of Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker but has defended his teammate’s character.

Butker attracted widespread criticism this month – and praise from some on the rightafter he attacked Pride month, working women and abortion rights activists during a commencement speech at Benedictine College.

Mahomes, widely acknowledged as the best player in the NFL, was asked about Butker’s comments at a Chiefs workout session on Wednesday.

“There’s certain things that he said that I don’t necessarily agree with, but I understand the person that he is and he is trying to do whatever he can to lead people in the right direction,” Mahomes, who has won three Super Bowls alongside Butker, said. “And that might not be the same values as I have, but at the same time, I’m going to judge him by the character that he shows every single day. That’s a great person and we’ll continue to move along and try to help build each other up to make ourselves better every single day. But at the end of the day, we’re going to come together as a team and I think that’ll help out as eliminating those distractions outside of the building as well.”

During his speech at Benedictine College, Butker told female graduates that they had been told the “most diabolic” lies and praised his wife for taking on the “vocation of homemaker.”

On Wednesday, Chiefs coach Andy Reid said he would not comment on Butker’s views as “we respect each other’s opinions”.

“We’re a microcosm of life,” Reid said. “Everybody is from different areas, different religions, different races. And so, we all get along, we all respect each other’s opinions – and not necessarily do we go by those, but we respect everybody to have a voice. [That’s the] great thing about America. And we’re just, like I said, a microcosm of that, and my wish is that everybody could kind of follow that.”………

Calling for him to be kicked off (lol) the team is dumb, though. He can just be flogged on social media, no need to lose his job over it. His ideas suck, but he gets to have them.

Chargers got it right, lol.
    Well stated MT. I agree. Although I thought his speech was great and 100% correct, especially his stance on the church and it's leaders at this point in time, I think the backlash is a bit much.

Well stated MT. I agree. Although I thought his speech was great and 100% correct, especially his stance on the church and it's leaders at this point in time, I think the backlash is a bit much.
    No, the backlash is just other people saying their opinions on him. They have just as much right to do that as he has to stand up and state his horrible thoughts. They can even want him to be fired, but it’s unrealistic. But they are allowed to say it.

No, the backlash is just other people saying their opinions on him. They have just as much right to do that as he has to stand up and state his horrible thoughts. They can even want him to be fired, but it’s unrealistic. But they are allowed to say it.
    and the city of KC doxing him. I would consider that backlash.

Welp, if I were his working mother I would be extremely pissed.

Of course, when athletes say something that offends RWNJs they are told to shut up and dribble the ball or just play your game. So, Harrison Butker needs to shut up and kick the ball. As for his character? He should look to what his God said.

Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker has no regrets about expressing his beliefs in a recent commencement speech and he said he has received support as well as “a shocking level of hate” from others.

Butker spoke Friday night at the Regina Caeli Academy Courage Under Fire Gala in Nashville, Tennessee.

He made his first public comments since his controversial recent commencement speech at Benedictine College in Atchison, Kansas, where he said most women receiving degrees were probably more excited about getting married and having kids; argued some Catholic leaders were “pushing dangerous gender ideologies onto the youth of America;” referred to a “deadly sin sort of pride that has a month dedicated to it” in an oblique reference to Pride month; and took aim at President Joe Biden’s policies, including his condemnation of the Supreme Court’s reversal of the 1973 Roe v Wade decision.

“It is now, over the past few days, my beliefs or what people think I believe have been the focus of countless discussions around the globe,” Butker said Friday. “At the outset, many people expressed a shocking level of hate. But as the days went on, even those who disagreed with my viewpoints shared their support for my freedom of religion.”

Butker said he understands being criticized for his performance on the field. The 28-year-old said he values his religion more than football.

“It’s a decision I’ve consciously made and one I do not regret at all,” he said.…….

“It is now, over the past few days, my beliefs or what people think I believe have been the focus of countless discussions around the globe,” Butker said Friday. “At the outset, many people expressed a shocking level of hate. But as the days went on, even those who disagreed with my viewpoints shared their support for my freedom of religion.”

Butker said he understands being criticized for his performance on the field. The 28-year-old said he values his religion more than football.

“It’s a decision I’ve consciously made and one I do not regret at all,” he said.…….
    sure because Christians cant speak their faith in the us. Of course it's not for the attention or thing like that right?

Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker has no regrets about expressing his beliefs in a recent commencement speech and he said he has received support as well as “a shocking level of hate” from others.

Of course he doesn't. When this all happened I predicted (like many of his kind) he would dig his heels in and lean even more... into whatever his ideology is. He could have maybe taken this time to ponder, and understand and grow, but nope. Dig heels in, it was all so predictable.

Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen​

It is beyond insulting to women who had just spent at least 4 years working their butts off to get a degree to tell them to throw that degree out the window and not use it.

Those women worked hard all their lives to get into college then worked hard to get their degree and that man has the nerve to tell them that their education and degree means nothing and they shouldn't use it.

My question, is he going to reimburse those who paid tens of thousands of dollars for that degree? Whether it was the student or their parents or a scholarship, someone paid tens of thousands of dollars for that degree and that man wants all that money to just be wasted?

Is he going to pay off the student loans for those who had to get loans to get their degree?

No he isn't. He isn't going to live their lives. He shouldn't be telling them that their intelligence and hard work is meaningless.

Do you think it's a good thing to waste an education?

Do you think it's a good thing to waste tens of thousands of dollars?

Should women who had to take out loans for their education just not go to work to pay off those loans?

That's what that man is advocating.

If you have a child and you paid tens of thousands of dollars for that child's education would you want that child to then throw your money and their education out the window?

He shouldn't be fired for speaking his mind.

However everyone else has that same right to speak their mind too.

As a woman, I find it insulting that he thinks that years of hard work and tens of thousands of dollars should just be thrown out the window if a person is female.

He didn't tell the males in that room to do the same thing.

How are those women going to pay off their student loans if they don't go to work?

Should a parent pay tens of thousands of dollars for their child's education just to see that money wasted?

Sure, he can live the way he wants. He can believe in the lint in his belly button for all I care. What I care is he's telling women to live by his choices. Not the woman's choices. They spent years working hard for that degree. If they didn't want to join the workforce then wouldn't have gone to college. They would have had children and stayed in the home. Those women chose to go to school and join the workforce. Not to stay at home giving birth to a bunch of kids. They obviously want more out of their lives or they wouldn't be in that auditorium graduating with a degree. If I was one of those graduates, I would have had walked right out and not return until he was finished speaking.

Except for the judging part.
    John 7:24 "Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
    Proverbs 31:9 "Open your mouth, judge righteously"
    Leviticus 19:15 " ... but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor."
    1 Corinthians 5:12 "Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?"

There's more, but that should be enough to make the point.

Funny thing about the Bible, you can make an argument or express a sentiment for and/or against virtually anything.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom