Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score

Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen​

Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen - Yahoo Sports
    Do you agree with Harrison?

After delivering some incendiary comments about Covid and President Biden, Butker got around to what he perceives as a woman’s ultimate and rightful place: the kitchen.
    “I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolic lies told to you. Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.

John 7:24 "Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
    Proverbs 31:9 "Open your mouth, judge righteously"
    Leviticus 19:15 " ... but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor."
    1 Corinthians 5:12 "Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?"

There's more, but that should be enough to make the point.

Funny thing about the Bible, you can make an argument or express a sentiment for and against against virtually anything.
    Also Matthew 7:1

Yes, you certainly can justify just about anything you want by using scripture.

John 7:24 "Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
    Proverbs 31:9 "Open your mouth, judge righteously"
    Leviticus 19:15 " ... but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor."
    1 Corinthians 5:12 "Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?"

There's more, but that should be enough to make the point.

Funny thing about the Bible, you can make an argument or express a sentiment for and/or against virtually anything.

Another reason why I'm so happy I'm not a christian.

It's also another good example of the wisdom of our founders for our nation to be a secular nation. With freedom to follow any faith of our choice without the government forcing any religion on anyone.

I sure wish some christians would follow the wisdom of our nation's founders.

It's also another good example of the wisdom of our founders for our nation to be a secular nation. With freedom to follow any faith of our choice without the government forcing any religion on anyone.

I sure wish the would at least follow the advice of the man they call Gods son. He was everything they are against. A refugee, concieved out of wedlock, Poor, middle eastern, Speaking out against the rich, asking people to care for the sick, the lonely, the poor and the outcasts

Do you think it's a good thing to waste an education?

Do you think it's a good thing to waste tens of thousands of dollars?

Should women who had to take out loans for their education just not go to work to pay off those loans?

That's what that man is advocating.

If you have a child and you paid tens of thousands of dollars for that child's education would you want that child to then throw your money and their education out the window?
    So unless a woman decides to work a corporate job, the education, money spent and parental approval is all negated? Don't think much of a stay at home parent do you?

I suppose you also feel that the government paying off student loans is a good move as well, correct?

Like giving a Christian valued based speech at a Christian college?

He shouldn't be fired for speaking his mind.

However everyone else has that same right to speak their mind too.

As a woman, I find it insulting that he thinks that years of hard work and tens of thousands of dollars should just be thrown out the window if a person is female.

He didn't tell the males in that room to do the same thing.

How are those women going to pay off their student loans if they don't go to work?

Should a parent pay tens of thousands of dollars for their child's education just to see that money wasted?

Sure, he can live the way he wants. He can believe in the lint in his belly button for all I care. What I care is he's telling women to live by his choices. Not the woman's choices. They spent years working hard for that degree. If they didn't want to join the workforce then wouldn't have gone to college. They would have had children and stayed in the home. Those women chose to go to school and join the workforce. Not to stay at home giving birth to a bunch of kids. They obviously want more out of their lives or they wouldn't be in that auditorium graduating with a degree. If I was one of those graduates, I would have had walked right out and not return until he was finished speaking.
    Can you show me the part in the speech where he told the women they should stay home and 'in the kitchen'? Did you watch/listen to it/read it? I seem to recall he spoke to 2 sets of women. The ones that were excited about promotions and then to the one that were excited to begin the their journey of raising a family. Do you think women who chose to raise a family should be excluded and shunned in public discourse? It kind of sounds that way.

So unless a woman decides to work a corporate job, the education, money spent and parental approval is all negated? Don't think much of a stay at home parent do you?

I suppose you also feel that the government paying off student loans is a good move as well, correct?
    According to Butker that is what women should be doing. That includes his working mother.

The system you support puts far too many in the position of requiring two incomes in order to provide for a family.

Paying off student loans is basically discharging by bankruptcy which lenders lobbied against. Yet other debt is dischareable by bankruptcy. So, I assume you support bankruptcy as an appropriate method for discharging student loan debt.

According to Butker that is what women should be doing. That includes his working mother.

The system you support puts far too many in the position of requiring two incomes in order to provide for a family.

Paying off student loans is basically discharging by bankruptcy which lenders lobbied against. Yet other debt is dischareable by bankruptcy. So, I assume you support bankruptcy as an appropriate method for discharging student loan debt.
    Can you show where Butker said that?

What system do I support that requires 2 incomes?

In bankruptcy, who eats the debts? If you want to discharge/cancel the debt, do you think the universities and loaners should shoulder the burden of the debt?

Show me which Christian value he was speaking of.
    So this speech wasn't a Christian speech in your opinion? I can somewhat agree since the speech was just basic common sense for human race.

Can you show where Butker said that?

What system do I support that requires 2 incomes?

In bankruptcy, who eats the debts? If you want to discharge/cancel the debt, do you think the universities and loaners should shoulder the burden of the debt?
    1) Look up the definitions of imply and infer
    2) You are allegedly smart enough to understand
    3) You are allegedly smart enough to understand how bankruptcy works

So this speech wasn't a Christian speech in your opinion? I can somewhat agree since the speech was just basic common sense for human race.
    I asked you to tell me which Christian values you were referring to in the phrase “Christian values based…”

Please answer the question and cease engaging in deflection.

Your second sentence is irrelevant as the human race around the planet engages in a multitude of ways of organizing itself into societies.

1) Look up the definitions of imply and infer
    2) You are allegedly smart enough to understand
    3) You are allegedly smart enough to understand how bankruptcy works
    For the ladies present today, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment. You should be proud of all that you have achieved to this point in your young lives. I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you. How many of you are sitting here now about to cross this stage and are thinking about all the promotions and titles you are going to get in your career? Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.

https://www.today.com/news/harrison-butker-speech-transcript-full-rcna153074

For the ladies present today, congratulations on an amazing accomplishment. You should be proud of all that you have achieved to this point in your young lives. I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you. How many of you are sitting here now about to cross this stage and are thinking about all the promotions and titles you are going to get in your career? Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.

Non-responsive. Try again. And read the whole link including “diabolical lies…”

Is he referring to the diabolical lies that where told to them by the Catholic Church?

I asked you to tell me which Christian values you were referring to in the phrase “Christian values based…”

Please answer the question and cease engaging in deflection.

Your second sentence is irrelevant as the human race around the planet engages in a multitude of ways of organizing itself into societies.
    "Our Catholic faith has always been countercultural. Our Lord, along with countless followers, were all put to death for their adherence to her teachings"
    "I never envisioned myself, nor wanted, to have this sort of a platform, but God has given it to me, so I have no other choice but to embrace it and preach more hard truths about accepting your lane and staying in it."
    "As members of the church founded by Jesus Christ, it is our duty and ultimately privilege to be authentically and unapologetically Catholic. Don’t be mistaken, even within the Church, people in polite Catholic circles will try to persuade you to remain silent."
    "For as a father loves his child, so a shepherd should love his spiritual children, too."

You can read it yourself. Lots of good christian values in there. Are you saying it is not a christian/Catholic speech, tbh, I am confused on your point.

Do you think the mother/child relationship is not the basic building block of the family (I would include the father or simply call it the nuclear family but I have a feeling you will ask me a question about nuclear physics or something so I will just limit this to mother/child).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom