Capitol Riot arrests (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

A co workers was talking about this too. I said there is a difference (where you like it or not) between burning down a Target and storming the Capitol.
    I asked her, If one guy breaks into a house and shoots the homeowner in the leg, he will probably get arrested and charged with attempted murder and do some time.
    If another guy breaks into the White House and shoots Trump in the leg, do you think they will both get the same penalty or do you think the guy who shot Trump would get a much harsher charge and never see daylight again?
    "well, of course, he's the president"...
    Well, it’s obvious the guy that shot Trump in the leg need to go back to the shooting range and practice some more. Disclaimer this is just a joke.

The ones I know who posted on Facebook who claimed they were on the steps of the Capitol when it was stormed, They got a visit from the FBI. I think 3 vehicles. They weren't arrested. according to the family member that I am actually friends with, the FBI just interviewed them. Now word if they are actually under investigation or not. She keeps posting on Facebook how much she hates Facebook.. But yet she posts about 20 things a day. She mad because she was in Facebook jail and now that she's out, she's not allowed go live or advertise on Facebook for 30 days (she is a real estate agent).

I wonder how the father feels
    =============================
    A teenager who alerted the FBI to his dad's alleged role in the Capitol riots has said he felt guilty for speaking with the authorities - but would 'do it all again'.

Jackson Reffitt, 18, told Fox4: 'I got in contact with the FBI after the Capitol riots about my dad. It was my moral compass, kind of, to do what I thought would protect not only my family, but my dad himself.'

His father, Guy Reffitt, 48, was arrested Friday at his home in Wylie, Texas, according to court records.

He is charged with obstruction of justice and unlawful entry. According to an affidavit, the 48-year-old was recorded on video outside the Capitol during the January 6 riot and later threatened his wife and children if they turned him in.

According to local news, Reffitt's wife told officials that he was arguing about the incident with his son and daughter when he told them: 'If you turn me in, you're a traitor and you know what happens to traitors. ... Traitors get shot.'

Reffitt Jr. said Saturday he had not spoken with his dad since his arrest but 'wished he could'. He told The New York Times he was no longer staying at the family home; he would not reveal his location for fear of his safety...............

Teen feels 'guilty' for calling FBI about his Capitol 'rioter' dad (msn.com)

I wonder how the father feels
    =============================
    A teenager who alerted the FBI to his dad's alleged role in the Capitol riots has said he felt guilty for speaking with the authorities - but would 'do it all again'.

Jackson Reffitt, 18, told Fox4: 'I got in contact with the FBI after the Capitol riots about my dad. It was my moral compass, kind of, to do what I thought would protect not only my family, but my dad himself.'

His father, Guy Reffitt, 48, was arrested Friday at his home in Wylie, Texas, according to court records.

He is charged with obstruction of justice and unlawful entry. According to an affidavit, the 48-year-old was recorded on video outside the Capitol during the January 6 riot and later threatened his wife and children if they turned him in.

According to local news, Reffitt's wife told officials that he was arguing about the incident with his son and daughter when he told them: 'If you turn me in, you're a traitor and you know what happens to traitors. ... Traitors get shot.'

Reffitt Jr. said Saturday he had not spoken with his dad since his arrest but 'wished he could'. He told The New York Times he was no longer staying at the family home; he would not reveal his location for fear of his safety...............

Teen feels 'guilty' for calling FBI about his Capitol 'rioter' dad (msn.com)

Interesting; obstruction of justice, and unlawful entry ? Not insurrection ?
    Have ANY of the people who have been arrested been charged with insurrection ?

We'll see if it has any effect of the impeachment trial
    ============================================

A man from Ohio who is accused of entering the U.S. Capitol and stealing a coat rack from the Senate during the January 6 siege of the building, claims he was 'inspired to do so by former President Donald Trump's lies about election fraud.'

Dustin Byron Thompson, 36, from Columbus was accompanied by his layer Sam Shamansky on Monday morning at the U.S. District Courthouse in the Ohio state capital.

'How else do you explain otherwise rational, law-abiding citizens traveling to D.C. and doing what they did?' Shamansky asked as he made the point to a federal judge in the hearing which saw his client released on own recognizance.

In what could signal a defense strategy for many of the people ensnared after the Capitol riots, Thompson's attorney essentially is laying the blame at Trump's feet, saying his client was merely following the instructions of the former president.

As of Monday, at least 95 individuals have been charged in connection with the riot, according to DOJ records with at least five using a similar defense..............

Trump's words inspired me to storm the Capitol and I was brainwashed (msn.com)

We'll see if it has any effect of the impeachment trial
    ============================================

A man from Ohio who is accused of entering the U.S. Capitol and stealing a coat rack from the Senate during the January 6 siege of the building, claims he was 'inspired to do so by former President Donald Trump's lies about election fraud.'

Dustin Byron Thompson, 36, from Columbus was accompanied by his layer Sam Shamansky on Monday morning at the U.S. District Courthouse in the Ohio state capital.

'How else do you explain otherwise rational, law-abiding citizens traveling to D.C. and doing what they did?' Shamansky asked as he made the point to a federal judge in the hearing which saw his client released on own recognizance.

In what could signal a defense strategy for many of the people ensnared after the Capitol riots, Thompson's attorney essentially is laying the blame at Trump's feet, saying his client was merely following the instructions of the former president.

As of Monday, at least 95 individuals have been charged in connection with the riot, according to DOJ records with at least five using a similar defense..............

Trump's words inspired me to storm the Capitol and I was brainwashed (msn.com)

I feel like multiple people have said similar - that they were doing what they thought Trump wanted them to do. January 6th obviously doesn't happen without Trump based on these accounts/statements. As far as if anything like that can be considered evidence in the trial..

Considering that the media - and the politicians - are describing this as an insurrection, it's curious that nobody has actually been charged with insurrection ?

Considering that the media - and the politicians - are describing this as an insurrection, it's curious that nobody has actually been charged with insurrection ?

Yet. The initial charges aren't necessarily the final charges. Charging someone with a federal crime often requires a grand jury indictment which not only takes time but may not be possible at the moment since many locales aren't convening grand juries due to covid.

Yet. The initial charges aren't necessarily the final charges. Charging someone with a federal crime often requires a grand jury indictment which not only takes time but may not be possible at the moment since many locales aren't convening grand juries due to covid.
    Fair point. Lets wait and see.

Interesting; obstruction of justice, and unlawful entry ? Not insurrection ?
    Have ANY of the people who have been arrested been charged with insurrection ?
    They may not. It might be a harder burden of proof, and specific intent.

Here is an example of someone charged with a lot of things.

" Knowingly enter or remain in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority to do so; Knowingly, and with intent to impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of government business or official functions, engage in disorderly or disruptive conduct in, or within such proximity to, any restricted building or grounds when, or so that, such conduct, in fact, impedes or disrupts the orderly conduct of government business or official functions; and did so while using or carrying a dangerous weapon "

I'm not a lawyer, so I'd love for someone to chime in about insurrection requirements. But, "knowing and with intent to impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of government business or official functions" is probably the part that can tilt one way or the other depending on what they can prove.

I also think they are gathering evidence on who were the people who were well coordinated with communication devices, zip ties, etc., and who were the people just caught up in the mob mentality. My expectation is the charges will be greater for those that had been planning that before that day and those that just got caught up in the moment.

This was part of why Amazon listed that they kicked Parler off their servers. Parler was refusing to cooperate with authorities trying to figure out who had actually been involved in pre-planning the assault.

I also think they are gathering evidence on who were the people who were well coordinated with communication devices, zip ties, etc., and who were the people just caught up in the mob mentality. My expectation is the charges will be greater for those that had been planning that before that day and those that just got caught up in the moment.

This was part of why Amazon listed that they kicked Parler off their servers. Parler was refusing to cooperate with authorities trying to figure out who had actually been involved in pre-planning the assault.
    Amazon booted Parler because Parler couldn't undertake to 'clean' their user posts within 24 hours.

And yet, the news outlets didn't scream about Trump causing "an impediment to the orderly conduct of government"

They screamed "Insurrection" ?

I’m not sure if you’re trolling, playing devils advocate or are actually this naive.

What occurred was, by definition, an insurrection. The media, politicians, pundits and casual observers the world over have called it that. Beating the “bUt MeDIAz iZ BadZ” drum here is silly. It doesn’t apply when there is near universal acceptance of it. Beyond the wackos blaming ANTIFA not even the Republicans are disputing that is was an insurrection.

I’m not sure if you’re trolling, playing devils advocate or are actually this naive.

What occurred was, by definition, an insurrection. The media, politicians, pundits and casual observers the world over have called it that. Beating the “bUt MeDIAz iZ BadZ” drum here is silly. It doesn’t apply when there is near universal acceptance of it. Beyond the wackos blaming ANTIFA not even the Republicans are disputing that is was an insurrection.
    Indeed. Definitely an insurrection. No doubt about it. Which is why the participants are being charged with insurrection, as in Title 18, Chapter 115, code §2383.

Oh wait.. they're not :D

Yeah.. I know.. I'm being sardonic. If the Media and the Politicians say it was insurection, then who is the Law to say otherwise ? :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom