Capitol Riot arrests (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

The Seattle Autonomous Zone was NOT a protest. Well, it may have started as one, but once the Zone was established, and the police withdrawn from the Police Station, it became an insurrection in the literal meaning of the term. It lasted for about 3 weeks before the police where FINALLY ordered to clear it following rising violence and murders in the Zone, as well as destruction of property.

When it was finally cleared, about 23 people where initially arrested by local police. However, I can't find any references to them being charged ? Nor where there any charges over the two murdered teenagers, or the other three people seriously injured by gunfire.

Compare this to the manhunt by the FBI for the Capitol protests ?

Granted, the Capitol Building was MUCH higher profile than the (much larger) Seattle Autonomous Zone and - of course - the Seattle Autonomous Zone wasn't under FBI jurisdiction. However, I find the difference in law enforcement interesting.
    Are you a UK citizen who lives in the US or do you just watch a lot of American right-wing news?

Does this belong here?

Smells like treason

Yeah, the other Flynn needs to be given the Lt. Col Vindman treatment. Flynn needs to be brought before the House or Senate to answer as to why he was party to the denial of aid to a capital under attack. He needs to be court marshalled and charged with aiding an insurrection.

Before any "reaching across the aisle" can occur, there needs to be a reckoning for everyone who took part in and/or aided the insurrection. Only then can any healing begin.

What was the goal of the people in the CHAZ? Was it to overthrow their duly elected government? It's not hard to grok why one is labeled a protest, and the other an insurrection.

There is no whataboutism you can try and pull on this one. It will not work. These people showed up wanting to kill elected officials, and erected gallows on Capitol grounds. It was also extremely violent with 5 deaths resulting from a few hours of carnage.

This post should be in some kind of hall of fame. We have truly reached the Mount Everest of conservative victimhood. "Sure we tried to overthrow the government, but why is the FBI arresting us, and not BLM?!?!?"
    The definition of insurrection is ".. a violent uprising against an authority or government." The Seattle Autonomous Zone, and the accompanying damage, surely meets this definition ?

I would suggest you seriously think about where you're getting your information from, because your description above is wildly inaccurate.

The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone was definitively an occupational protest, with specific demands (defunding Seattle's police by 50%, shifting funding to community health and safety, amnesty for arrested protestors). It became a so-called 'autonomous zone' because the police withdrew from the police station, but it was very obviously not a serious attempt to establish an actual, permanent, autonomous zone, which is why they called it the Capitol Hill Organized Protest.
    Indeed. And it was highly destructive, with properties being burnt and damaged.

It was already significantly scaled down by the time the police cleared the relatively few remaining protesters. At that point, 44 people were arrested during the day, with 25 more arrested into the night, not '23'.

There absolutely were charges related to crimes committed in and around the CHOP. Nikolas Fernandez was charged with first degree assault after driving into a crowd of protestors, Isaiah Willoughby was charged with arson, Marcel Long was charged with the shooting of Lorenzo Anderson...

So I would strongly suggest you seriously reflect upon where you got the impression you have above from, and why you were confident such a highly inaccurate account was right when it was, clearly, not.
    I got my information from a left-leaning Newspaper in the UK called The Guardian.
    Nikolas Fernandez was not a protester; he was attacked by protesters. Good find on the other two though. (interestingly, Marcel Long fled the police, and as afar as I can tell, has not been found).

And as @J-DONK says, neither the inaccurate view you outline above nor the reality can be seriously held to be comparable to a mob literally storming the United States Capitol, assaulting reporters and police (resulting in deaths), forcing the evacuation of the threatened Senate and House of Representatives, with the intent of overturning a legitimate election.
    Well, both events resulted in deaths. I'm just intrigued by the seeming difference between the vigour of the police/FBI investigation and arrests between the two events. Incidentally, what - precisely - did you regard as being inaccurate in my previous post ?

I got my information from a left-leaning Newspaper in the UK called The Guardian.
    This comes across as incredibly disingenuous. Because here you've linked to a source that does not, and can not, provide a good account of the number of arrests made over the final clearing of the site, as it was written during the clearing of the site and hence can only comment on the numbers of arrests made during the first few hours of the operation (which is what it does). Additionally it says 'at least 23 arrested' accordingly, not 'about 23'. It also naturally can't speak to subsequent charges.

But what that article does make very clear is that it was a protest zone, called the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest, and consisted of protesters, protesting.

So how do you get your information from that article, and think 'insurrection!', when the article says nothing of the sort, making it repeatedly clear that it was a protest zone and involved hundreds of peaceful protesters?

Nikolas Fernandez was not a protester; he was attacked by protesters. Good find on the other two though. (interestingly, Marcel Long fled the police, and as afar as I can tell, has not been found).
    I said that Fernandez was arrested after driving into a crowd of protesters, not that he was a protester, and sourced it accordingly. He also shot someone. And again, portraying that as 'attacked by protesters' is highly disingenuous. Those were also some examples, not a comprehensive list, as the '...' indicates. If you follow the links, you'll find more.

Well, both events resulted in deaths. I'm just intrigued by the seeming difference between the vigour of the police/FBI investigation and arrests between the two events. Incidentally, what - precisely - did you regard as being inaccurate in my previous post ?
    It was an occupied protest; you inaccurately called it an 'insurrection'.
    44 were arrested during the final clearing, with 25 more being arrested overnight. You said it was 'about 23'.
    There were numerous charges made for crimes committed in and around the occupied protest. You stated you couldn't find any reference to them - that might be true - but you also stated there were no charges over anyone injured by gunfire. This was false.

In essence, you attempted to draw a false equivalence between the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest and the storming of the United States Capitol by wildly misrepresenting the nature of the Capitol Hill Occupied Protest, and then further exaggerated the natural difference in law enforcement by inaccurately representing the number of arrests and charges related to crimes occurring around the occupied protest.

In reality, the difference in law enforcement is clearly attributable to the fundamental difference in nature between a protest zone which consists mainly of peaceful protesters calling primarily for transferring funding from police to community services, and a mob storming the United States Capitol in an attempt to overturn a legitimate election.

But was that not clear already?

Following the deadly pro-Trump siege at the Capitol earlier this month, magnetometers and other security measures have been installed outside of the chamber.

A reporter for HuffPost witnessed Harris setting off the metal detectors as he attempted to enter the chamber on Thursday.

When an officer with a metal detector wand scanned him, a firearm was detected on Harris’s side, concealed by his suit coat, according to the outlet. The reporter witnessed an officer signaling to a security agent that Harris had a firearm on him, motioning toward his own weapon.

A Capitol official later confirmed to the outlet that Harris was carrying a gun.

When asked for comment, Harris’s office said in a statement: “Because his and his family's lives have been threatened by someone who has been released awaiting trial, for security reasons, the Congressman never confirms whether he nor anyone else he's with are carrying a firearm for self-defense. As a matter of public record, he has a Maryland Handgun Permit. And the congressman always complies with the House metal detectors and wanding. The Congressman has never carried a firearm on the House floor.”

Why is it so necessary for these brave Congressmen to carry firearms on the House Floor?

The definition of insurrection is ".. a violent uprising against an authority or government." The Seattle Autonomous Zone, and the accompanying damage, surely meets this definition ?

Indeed. And it was highly destructive, with properties being burnt and damaged.

One was a series of federal crimes and potentially threatened the life of various Reps and Senators, along with the VP of the US.

The other, wasn't.

The FBI doesn't work for Seattle.

One was a series of federal crimes and potentially threatened the life of various Reps and Senators, along with the VP of the US.

The other, wasn't.

The FBI doesn't work for Seattle.

Wasn't there a federal building targeted during the protests? I think that was going on for a bit, but I don't remember if that was Seattle or Portland.

Wasn't there a federal building targeted during the protests? I think that was going on for a bit, but I don't remember if that was Seattle or Portland.
    Portland.
    It's the justification Trump used to send in the literal secret police.

I heard tonight that Andy Harris got into a shouting match that almost got physical with another member during the occupation of the Capitol, so it’s just totally great that he would be packing a sidearm during such altercations. 🙄

I heard tonight that Andy Harris got into a shouting match that almost got physical with another member during the occupation of the Capitol, so it’s just totally great that he would be packing a sidearm during such altercations. 🙄
    Andy Harris needs to have a talk with the Jesus.

Attachments

• thejesus.jpg
      thejesus.jpg
      47.3 KB · Views: 199
    Well, both events resulted in deaths. I'm just intrigued by the seeming difference between the vigour of the police/FBI investigation and arrests between the two events.
    I'm guessing then you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in magnitude of a group of people commandeering Piccadilly Circus versus the Palace of Westminster? Never mind the fact in the Seattle protests it was never shown there was a plan to murder or kidnap anyone including hanging the Vice President of the United States on homemade gallows set up prior to the event...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom