Capitol Riot arrests (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

My Daughter's best friend, her grandparents were at the protest. They put on Facebook that night that when the Capitol was stormed, they were on the steps when they started throwing out tear gas and shooting the rubber bullets at them. I don't know if the are also investigating the ones who were on the move into the Capitol or just the ones who entered. For her sake, i hope they are not considering the ones on the steps. (i say that while gritting my teeth because i honestly wouldn't lose any sleep if they got locked up)
    The Grandmother is a well known Real Estate Agent in Ascension Parish. I can't believe she doesn't have a separate page for her business and personal. If i was looking for a real estate agent, and i saw that on her Facebook, i wouldn't even consider. Her Facebook is like looking at a Trump explosion with all the conspiracies you can think of.
    If they were on the steps of the Capital, then I believe they were committing a crime, and should be charged accordingly. That goes for any other crime they committed. Anything else may encourage more lawlessness.

A lot of conservatives don't believe Antifa did it though. Most who think that are the Q folks and those who only get their news from far right pseudo news sources and FB. I mean, I watch Fox News every now and then and I haven't seen them mention Antifa. They did make hay about a leftist who got arrested, but that's really about it. I haven't seen them report that Antifa was doing it .
    But a LOT also do believe it was Antifa.

I very much doubt the rioters where Antifa.

There seems to be a VERY strong post-event reaction by Law Enforcement about this particular riot, with protesters being identified and arrested. Which is fair enough, considering where it happened.

However, do people here think the police and FBI response is more serious and determined than, say, the insurrection relating to the Capital Hill Autonomous Zone in Seattle ?

Protests is not the same as insurrection - don't use the same word for both situations - they are NOT equal

And NO - in Seattle police used mace against peacefull demonstrators and abducted people who they suspected of having participated in the protests in unmarked cars without any arrest warrants around the city. So NO

Last edited:
    Protests is not the same as insurrection - don't use the same word for both situations - they are NOT equal

And NO - in Seattle police used mace against peacefull demonstrators and abducted people who they suspected of having participated in the protests in unmarked cars without any arrest warrants around the city. So NO

I'm thinking the abductions you're referring to happened in NYC. There was a thread a while back on that. Maybe happened in Seattle as well, but I either missed that or not recalling it.

I'm thinking the abductions you're referring to happened in NYC. There was a thread a while back on that. Maybe happened in Seattle as well, but I either missed that or not recalling it.

It happened in Seattle as well

It happened in Portland also. I’m not sure about Seattle.

The police response in Portland was far more swift and severe. We have a member here whose wife was part of the Wall of Moms, he was down there himself as well.

The initial police response doesn’t compare at all. The police in DC were not prepared and were quickly overrun. There were also police who clearly sympathized with the rioters; none of that happened in Portland that I’m aware.

The FBI response cannot be compared either, IMO. We are talking sporadic vandalism in a city with very little damage to any federal building with a breach of our Capitol building, attempts to find lawmakers for lynching. Apples to oranges.

But a LOT also do believe it was Antifa.

They're being told it was Antifa, just like they were told the election was being stolen
    ==============================================

As rioters supporting President Donald Trump attacked the U.S. Capitol on January 6, newly elected Republican North Carolina Congressman Madison Cawthorn told conservative talk radio program The Charlie Kirk Show that the "Democratic machine" had placed "agitators" among the mob in order to make Trump and his followers look bad.

"I believe that this was agitators strategically placed inside of this group—you can call them Antifa, you can call them people paid by the Democratic machine—but to make the Trump campaign, the Trump movement, look bad, and to make this look like it was a violent outrage, when really the battle was being fought by people like myself and other great patriots who are standing up against the establishment and standing up against this tyranny that we see in our country," Cawthorn said on the program.

Cawthorn also said that he carried multiple loaded weapons that day in the U.S. House chambers. His remarks went largely unnoticed until Sunday, when The Asheville Watchdog first reported them. His claims have also been contradicted by the FBI.

The claim that Antifa—that is, anti-fascist protestors—and Democratic-sponsored instigators were involved in the riots has been repeated by Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican Alabama Representative Mo Brooks, pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood and numerous Trump supports on social media.................

GOP Lawmaker Claimed 'Democratic Machine' Paid Capitol Rioters to Make Trump Look Bad (msn.com)

And another

There are growing concerns that U.S. adversaries may be seeking ways to benefit from the assault at the U.S. Capitol — and that some of the rioters may have been looking to work with them.
    The FBI is investigating claims that Riley June Williams stole a laptop or hard drive from the office of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and intended to sell the device to Russia’s intelligence services by way of a friend who lives in the country.
    “The idea that a group of so-called ‘patriots’ would sell a government computer to the Russians should tell you everything you need to know about the people who assaulted the Capitol,” Sen. Mark R. Warner (D-Va.), incoming chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said in a statement. “There are real counterintelligence concerns associated with a breach like the one that occurred on January 6th.”

Some "patriot" indeed....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...l-counterintelligence-concerns-lawmaker-says/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom