Capitol Riot arrests (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
Lisa Eisenhart
Robert Keith Packer
Klete Keller
Aaron Mostofsky
Anthime Joseph Gionet
Peter Francis Stager
Christine Priola

Indeed. Definitely an insurrection. No doubt about it. Which is why the participants are being charged with insurrection, as in Title 18, Chapter 115, code §2383.

Oh wait.. they're not :D

Yeah.. I know.. I'm being sardonic. If the Media and the Politicians say it was insurection, then who is the Law to say otherwise ? :p
Seems like an inane point to argue.

Was it, or was it NOT an insurrection ? I don't think that is an inane point ?
It was. If you choose to personally not define it as such, then fine. But your point that no one has been charged with insurrection so therefore it was not one is weak compared to our point that what occurred on January 6th fits the literal definition of an insurrection.

You're ignoring the actual act of the insurrection that we all objectively witnessed and are looking at a different aspect to justify saying 'just throwing it out there guys but maybe it wasn't an insurrection after all.'

Indeed. Definitely an insurrection. No doubt about it. Which is why the participants are being charged with insurrection, as in Title 18, Chapter 115, code §2383.

Oh wait.. they're not :D

Yeah.. I know.. I'm being sardonic. If the Media and the Politicians say it was insurection, then who is the Law to say otherwise ? :p

Please point to any legal ruling that this was not an insurrection. The "Law" has not said otherwise. Rather, prosecutors are currently exercising prosecutorial discretion on what charges they are choosing to bring right now.

It is like me driving 115 mph and getting pulled over by the police, but only being charged for doing 85 by the officer. The fact that the officer chose to charge me only for doing 85 does not alter the fact that I really was doing 115 and could have faced charges other than speeding (such as reckless driving).

have or have we not discussed that what someone is initially charged and arrested with and what they will be indicted on could be completely different? You do realize that, right? Maybe you forgot about the guy who killed Joe McKnight. He was arrested and charged with Manslaughter, but indicted on second degree murder. Maybe your still in Q conspiracy mode..

And yet, the news outlets didn't scream about Trump causing "an impediment to the orderly conduct of government"

They screamed "Insurrection" ?

I don't about "screaming" but the news media definitely reported Trump's consistent refusal (well before the election) to accept the election results and to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he lost. They also reported his flurry of lies regarding the falseness of the election results. I think those meet the definition of causing "an impediment to the orderly conduct of government."

Whether or not it was an insurrection (and I think it was based on the definition in the section of the US Code you referenced) is not an inane point. But somehow to link that with whether the participants are charged with insurrection is kind of a straw man. Sandman expressed it well.

We'll see if it has any effect of the impeachment trial
============================================

A man from Ohio who is accused of entering the U.S. Capitol and stealing a coat rack from the Senate during the January 6 siege of the building, claims he was 'inspired to do so by former President Donald Trump's lies about election fraud.'

Dustin Byron Thompson, 36, from Columbus was accompanied by his layer Sam Shamansky on Monday morning at the U.S. District Courthouse in the Ohio state capital.

'How else do you explain otherwise rational, law-abiding citizens traveling to D.C. and doing what they did?' Shamansky asked as he made the point to a federal judge in the hearing which saw his client released on own recognizance.

In what could signal a defense strategy for many of the people ensnared after the Capitol riots, Thompson's attorney essentially is laying the blame at Trump's feet, saying his client was merely following the instructions of the former president.

As of Monday, at least 95 individuals have been charged in connection with the riot, according to DOJ records with at least five using a similar defense..............

Trump's words inspired me to storm the Capitol and I was brainwashed (msn.com)

I don't buy it...they're just saying what they think people want to hear just to get out of going to prison. Let them go free and they'll March right out of that courtroom, throw on their red hat and tell the entire world that their trial was a fraud in the first place brought on by the liberal media and witch-hunting deep state FBI pedophiles.

Only way to put an end to this is to throw all of 'em in jail and strip them of their right to vote and own firearms.

Edit: It really pisses me off because I know for a fact that some/most are not going to go to jail for this. If I were to break a window and force entry into the Capitol any day of the week, my black arse would be thrown in jail...if I'm lucky. Right now as of 1/26 they're @ 150+/- charged right now, and I promise you that there were more than 150 people in the Capitol. Pretty much what I'm getting at is that If the city of New Orleans can identify and send me a ticket for cali rolling a right turn on red on Poydras & Carondolet @10pm I'm sure they (FBI/Capitol Police) can identify every GD person that got caught on a security camera in the Capitol on 1/6.

Last edited:
Guess I'll leave this here
Yikes

and I'm sure "Trump in heels" is something that you never ever want to Google
====================================
Virginia's leading Republican gubernatorial candidate, Amanda Chase, has justified the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol as a response to public health mandates in place to limit the pandemic, according to a recently surfaced video clip. Chase said the would-be insurrectionists who overran the Capitol while play-acting a ludicrous violent fantasy were actually concerned about "losing our Republic."

A reporter from the British channel SkyNews approached Chase, a state senator from central Virginia who has described herself as "Trump in heels," at the Jan. 18 Lobby Day Patriot Food Drive in Richmond, asking for "a word for the rest of the world" about the Capitol riots. "They're looking in on America and wondering what on earth is going on here," the reporter wondered.

Chase, who faces censure in the Virginia state legislature after referring to Capitol rioters as "patriots," said the attack was about "federal and state" mandates...........

Virginia "Trump in heels" candidate says Capitol attack was justified — because of COVID rules (msn.com)

A police officer was murdered but no charges were made so it wasn’t a murder, right?
AT the moment, that is correct. I gather Washington DC police are investigating that very issue ? But for a charge of 'murder', there has to be intent ?
have or have we not discussed that what someone is initially charged and arrested with and what they will be indicted on could be completely different? You do realize that, right? Maybe you forgot about the guy who killed Joe McKnight. He was arrested and charged with Manslaughter, but indicted on second degree murder. Maybe your still in Q conspiracy mode..
No, I remembered your point, and it remains entirely valid. I was just explaining the detail of my point to other members :)

According to the documents he posted several tweets on January 6th:

• “Patriots at the Capitol – HOLD. THE. LINE!!!!”
  • “I arrived at the Capitol a few hours ago as Patriots were storming from all sides. I was quite close to entering myself as police began tear gassing us from the door. I inhaled tear gas & got it in my eyes. Patriots began exiting shortly after saying Congress had been cleared.”
  • “I’m completely confused. For 6-8 weeks everybody on the right has been saying‘1776!’ & that if congress moves forward it will mean a revolution! So congress moves forward. Patriots storm the Capitol – now everybody is virtual signaling their embarrassment that this happened.”
  • “Also- be embarrassed & hide if you need to- but I was there. It was not Antifa at the Capitol. It was freedom loving Patriots who were DESPERATE to fight for the final hope of our Republic because literally nobody cares about them. Everyone else can denounce them. I will not.”
  • “Perhaps I missed the part where it was agreed this would be a revolution of ice cream cones & hair-braiding parties to take our government back from lying, cheating globally interested swamp parasites. My bad.”
  • [*]ocuments say agents interviewed someone who said they are Straka's relative. Agents say they sent them copies of video showing Straka walking toward a large crowd of people trying to get into the U.S. Capitol.

Those documents say Straka got near an officer from the United States Capitol Police who was holding a protective shield.

As the crowd moved closer to the officer, the documents say Straka started yelling for people to take the shield away from the officer:

"As several people in the crowd grabbed the officer’s shield, STRAKA yelled, “Take it! Take it!”" according to the court documents.
    The documents say the crowd did manage to get his shield, but the officer eventually got it back and managed to get out of the crowd.

Agents say Straka moved closer to the U.S. Capitol entrance and put his cell phone in selfie mode where he said the crowd was being tear gassed.

The documents say Straka wore the same hat, sunglasses, and coat in that video as he wore during a speech at a rally the day before.

Guess I'll leave this here
Yikes

and I'm sure "Trump in heels" is something that you never ever want to Google
====================================
Virginia's leading Republican gubernatorial candidate, Amanda Chase, has justified the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol as a response to public health mandates in place to limit the pandemic, according to a recently surfaced video clip. Chase said the would-be insurrectionists who overran the Capitol while play-acting a ludicrous violent fantasy were actually concerned about "losing our Republic."

A reporter from the British channel SkyNews approached Chase, a state senator from central Virginia who has described herself as "Trump in heels," at the Jan. 18 Lobby Day Patriot Food Drive in Richmond, asking for "a word for the rest of the world" about the Capitol riots. "They're looking in on America and wondering what on earth is going on here," the reporter wondered.

Chase, who faces censure in the Virginia state legislature after referring to Capitol rioters as "patriots," said the attack was about "federal and state" mandates...........

Virginia "Trump in heels" candidate says Capitol attack was justified — because of COVID rules (msn.com)

Republicans are trying to "Lost Cause" the January 6th insurrection.

This belongs here since these people are one in the same..

Yeah, if we were to create a new thread for each one, it would fill up the front page.

Your brother is putting your entire family at risk with his lies and other words. We are armed and nearby your house. You had better have a word with him. We are not far from his either.

Already spoke to [Congressman-1’s son] and know where his kids are. . . . your words have consequences. Stop telling lies; Biden did not win, he will not be president.

We are not[] white supremacists. Most of us are active/retired law enforcement or military. You are putting your family at risk. We have armed members near your home . . . . . Don’t risk their safety with your words and lies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom