Capitol Riot arrests (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

Don't think going extra-Brit is going to erase your earlier mistaken default to yards over meters as a standard for measurement.
    Silence, rebellious Colonial, or you shall be whipped within an inch of your life ! :p
    Tell me: do you measure distance in Kilometers or Miles ?

Silence, rebellious Colonial, or you shall be whipped within an inch of your life ! :p
    Tell me: do you measure distance in Kilometers or Miles ?
    Being that I'm a natural born American and we decide to do stupid things just for the sake of being different, of course I default to miles. 1 mile = 5,280'.

Last edited:
    I use smoots, like a normal damn person.
    Dude, now that I know of this, I need to know how tall this guy was so I can start measuring things by Smoot. Who wouldn't want a piece of this?

The smoot /ˈsmuːt/ is a nonstandard, humorous unit of length created as part of an MIT fraternity prank. It is named after Oliver R. Smoot, a fraternity pledge to Lambda Chi Alpha, who in October 1958 lay down repeatedly on the Harvard Bridge (between Boston and Cambridge, Massachusetts) so that his fraternity brothers could use his height to measure the length of the bridge.

Dude, now that I know of this, I need to know how tall this guy was so I can start measuring things by Smoot. Who wouldn't want a piece of this?

The smoot /ˈsmuːt/ is a nonstandard, humorous unit of length created as part of an MIT fraternity prank. It is named after Oliver R. Smoot, a fraternity pledge to Lambda Chi Alpha, who in October 1958 lay down repeatedly on the Harvard Bridge (between Boston and Cambridge, Massachusetts) so that his fraternity brothers could use his height to measure the length of the bridge.
    Oliver Smoot was 5'7". That's a smoot. This is going to be fun. When we go to lunch, I'm going to say to my friend when we walk in the door, "Hey man, how may smoots you think that door is?" If he answers, "One and a half," or something like that, my day will be ruined.

That actually happened. (though others have said she was trying to climb through the window, and that it was actually a uniformed officer). Firstly, it has a basis in reality, and secondly - your feelings don't change facts , to misquote Ben Shapiro. :D

That actually happened. (though others have said she was trying to climb through the window, and that it was actually a uniformed officer). Firstly, it has a basis in reality, and secondly - your feelings don't change facts , to misquote Ben Shapiro. :D
    What about the protester that was shot ?
    In the video that was posted, no protesters were shot. There was a white nationalist insurrectionist whose intention was to execute Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi that was shot.
    According the the video clip I saw, she broke the window down in a door.
    I saw the same thing in the video I posted of what actually happened.
    A security guard (in plain clothes ?? ) walked up on the other side of the door,
    This did not happen in the video that was posted. In the video that was posted, a Capitol Policeman whose job it was to protect the lives of the elected officials shot an insurrectionist who tried to break through a secured boundary after being warned repeatedly to stop.
    shot her in the head - killing her instantly
    This happened. She was shot and she died.
    then retreated.
    This did not happen in the video. After the Capitol Policeman shot the insurrectionist assailant, he remained at his location prepared to shot any other insurrectionist who dared to ignore orders not to breach the perimeter.

So, of the 5 things that happened in the video, only 2 happened as you described them. A woman attempted to enter through a broken window and was shot and died. 40% is an "F-" here in the US.

Last edited:
    In the video that was posted, no protesters were shot. There was a white nationalist insurrectionist whose intention was to execute Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi that was shot.
    My apologies Saintamaniac: I'd forgotten that you where telepathic, and knew what she was thinking and planning. And you are quite correct: white nationalists are not human, and deserve to be shot on sight. And - of course - she WAS a white nationalist because....ummm... she was a Trump supporter. (which ALSO requires her to be shot on sight. Twice. Just to make sure).

No need for due process or the rule of law. I only regret that the Officer didn't have a heavy, belt-fed machine gun. Or better still, a flame-thrower.

I saw the same thing in the video I posted of what actually happened.
    This did not happen in the video that was posted. In the video that was posted, a Capitol Policeman whose job it was to protect the lives of the elected officials shot an insurrectionist who tried to break through a secured boundary after being warned repeatedly to stop.
    This happened. She was shot and she died.

This did not happen in the video. After the Capitol Policeman shot the insurrectionist assailant, he remained at his location prepared to shot any other insurrectionist who dared to ignore orders not to breach the perimeter.
    Oooh right.. I must go back and look at the video again. I felt sure that he moved from frame-left to centre-frame, took the shot, and then moved back into frame-left ? I'll get back to you on that.

Update: hmmm.. you may be right Saintmaniac; I think what confused me was the camera pan to the right at the point of the shooting.

One thing: she didn't appear to be climbing through the window ?

My apologies Saintamaniac: I'd forgotten that you where telepathic, and knew what she was thinking and planning.
    I'm not telepathic. I just felt that if you could make up shirt the video didn't show, I could do the same. And if you recall, there are other videos that you can clearly hear the crowd shouting "Hang Mike Pence". I'm sure once they found him, they were simply going to ask for an autograph and take a photo with him.

Actually, I think that white nationalists are people. In this case, the white nationalists was a person breaking the law attempted to gain access to a secured location with the intention of harming elected officials. She got exactly what she deserved. She played a stupid game and lost her life for a stupid reason.

I'm not telepathic. I just felt that if you could make up shirt the video didn't show, I could do the same.

Actually, I think that white nationalists are people. In this case, the white nationalists was a person breaking the law attempted to gain access to a secured location with the intention of harming elected officials. She got exactly what she deserved. She played a stupid game and lost her life for a stupid reason.
    Once more, your telepathic powers come to the fore. You know EXACTLY what her intentions where. And did she really deserve to get shot for breaking a glass panel ? Why where none of the OTHER protestors shot ?

Once more, your telepathic powers come to the fore. You know EXACTLY what her intentions where. And did she really deserve to get shot for breaking a glass panel ? Why where none of the OTHER protestors shot ?
    I'm not telepathic. She was part of an armed insurrectionist crowd the broke into the capitol screaming "hang Mike Pence". You don't have to be a member of Mensa to know what her intentions where. The insurrectionists with her had already beaten a policeman to death with one using the American flag to do so.

She deserved to get shot for disobeying a lawful order to stop threatening the lives of elected officials. None of the other insurrectionist were shot because they saw what would happen if they did what the dead insurrectionist did. I guess they weren't as stupid as they looked.

No need for due process or the rule of law.
    It's Black History month here in the US. The family of every unarmed black person killed by the police would like a word with you. Don't talk to me about due process or rule of law. The sentence for jaywalking is not death. The sentence for walking home is not death. The sentence for sleeping at home in your bed in your house is not death.
    I only regret that the Officer didn't have a heavy, belt-fed machine gun. Or better still, a flame-thrower.
    On this we agree. Maybe not so much about the flame thrower. No need to damage the people's house exterminating pests.

You cannot convince Roof that they were insurrectionist. Even though they had one purpose and one purpose only, which was to overturn a legal election and cause harm to elected gov't officials who were involved.

You cannot convince Roof that they were insurrectionist. Even though they had one purpose and one purpose only, which was to overturn a legal election and cause harm to elected gov't officials who were involved.
    Then he should get used to seeing a response from me correcting him for incorrectly calling the insurrectionists protestors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom