Capitol Riot arrests (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

Quite possibly.. but not at the capital building. It's behind 10' high barbed wire walls at the moment (despite Democrats saying that 'walls don't work, and they are immoral :p ), and is a militarised zone. So are we entirely comfortable with the FBI using emergency procedures to interrogate cell towers - without a court order - in the Capital Zone ?
    Again, people who were at the Capitol building can go to other places. They have legs, and can use vehicles.

I don't quite see how you're still not grasping that identifying who they are and who they were working with ASAP based on the data available while they were in the area in order to prevent them carrying out other attacks elsewhere is, and I cannot stress this enough, an obviously urgent thing to do.

Fyi, there is a committee hearing going on right now. Tied up at work, so only getting bits of it, but looks interesting. Key heads of security are giving testimony right now.

Fyi, there is a committee hearing going on right now. Tied up at work, so only getting bits of it, but looks interesting. Key heads of security are giving testimony right now.
    I was just watching and Sen Johnson, a member of the Sedition Caucus, just placed blame on Capitol Police for instigating the riot by firing gas on the peaceful protestors. :freak7:

I was just watching and Sen Johnson, a member of the Sedition Caucus, just placed blame on Capitol Police for instigating the riot by firing gas on the peaceful protestors. :freak7:

Yeah, not surprising coming from him. On a different note, we've got Senator Warner going to bat for Mayor Bowser saying she wasn't able to call the NG in. What he fails to mention was the night before, she said they didn't need the NG and she didn't want them in DC. So...:shrug:.

Man, I cannot believe Ron Johnson said that. Really?

Well, what he said was that the USCP fired a tear gas cannister in the middle of the crowd when the skirmish started in the front and that's when the demeanor of the crowd changed. Nevermind that the agitators and riotors actually instigated the whole thing. He's a seditionist...so his comments weren't all that surprising.

Yeah, not surprising coming from him. On a different note, we've got Senator Warner going to bat for Mayor Bowser saying she wasn't able to call the NG in. What he fails to mention was the night before, she said they didn't need the NG and she didn't want them in DC. So...:shrug:.
    Yup, this is a great example of Mayor Bowser's ridiculous rhetoric turning around and biting her in the arse. Her previous statements about the NG deployment in DC were made to serve up red meat to her base without any consideration to DC's future needs. If trump was as smart as his cult believes he is, all he had to do was say that he was honoring the Mayor's wishes.

Well, what he said was that the USCP fired a tear gas cannister in the middle of the crowd when the skirmish started in the front and that's when the demeanor of the crowd changed. Nevermind that the agitators and riotors actually instigated the whole thing. He's a seditionist...so his comments weren't all that surprising.
    To add to that, he read a letter from some source on the ground during the riot explaining that the true agitators were some unknown fake trump supporters, with the implication that they were antifa.

I think there must be some mistake here ? The National Guard WHERE present. However the Mayor had requested that they NOT stand in front of the capital, afraid of the 'bad optics' that visuals of armed soldiers on the steps of the capital would give.

Instead, they where unarmed, and not in riot gear, on traffic management duties etc at some distance from the capital, relieving Capital Police to actually be at the capital building.

They where recalled to their armoury to re-equip and redeploy as soon as the capital was breached (or in near danger of being so), but it took them a couple of hours to get re-organised and turn up on site ?

I think there must be some mistake here ? The National Guard WHERE present. However the Mayor had requested that they NOT stand in front of the capital, afraid of the 'bad optics' that visuals of armed soldiers on the steps of the capital would give.

Instead, they where unarmed, and not in riot gear, on traffic management duties etc at some distance from the capital, relieving Capital Police to actually be at the capital building.

They where recalled to their armoury to re-equip and redeploy as soon as the capital was breached (or in near danger of being so), but it took them a couple of hours to get re-organised and turn up on site ?
    They were handling traffic jn and around the DC area, but not in support of the capitol grounds.

I'm not sure what mistake you're referring to. What exactly is the mistake? Mayor Bowser is on record the night before the attack saying clearly she didn't want NG troops there. That isn't too surprising though because she basically backed herself into that corner last summer and doubled down on that position. Pretty much what @DJ1BigTymer stated a few posts up.

I'll never understand why NG troops weren't immediately available in a situation like this. It was avoidable will proper preparation. I don't buy that they didn't have the Intel they needed. They did. If the raw Intel is unverified but indicative of a possible event, you can have troops on standby in the event something does start happening, and response would be minutes rather than hours. This was a failure of leadership, and no doubt why many resigned in the wake of this event.

I'm not sure what mistake you're referring to. What exactly is the mistake? Mayor Bowser is on record the night before the attack saying clearly she didn't want NG troops there. That isn't too surprising though because she basically backed herself into that corner last summer and doubled down on that position. Pretty much what @DJ1BigTymer stated a few posts up.

I'll never understand why NG troops weren't immediately available in a situation like this. It was avoidable will proper preparation. I don't buy that they didn't have the Intel they needed. They did. If the raw Intel is unverified but indicative of a possible event, you can have troops on standby in the event something does start happening, and response would be minutes rather than hours. This was a failure of leadership, and no doubt why many resigned in the wake of this event.
    Well, I'd have to agree. What would have been the problem with having them in their 'barracks' or wherever, all tooled up and ready to go ? Or even INSIDE the capital building, hiding in the stationary cupboard so to speak ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom