Capitol Riot arrests (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

I've read articles linked to their site, but had never just visited their site, so I decided to check them out. I'm not sure what their beef is with Facebook, but it seems every 5th article is about Facebook.

That's interesting. I'll have to watch for that. Maybe something to do with the kerfuffle in Australia w/FB and Google?

The Guardian is considered - in the UK - to be a left-wing newspaper. However, it IS very professional. Its stories might have a 'liberal' bias, but I've never found them to be openly partisan, or to twist stories like the Washington Post or NY Times do. (at least in their online offering; obviously I can't get the physical newspapers).

Having said that, I've had to get NYTimes/WaPo stories 3rd hand more recently, as they hide behind a paywall.

The Guardian is considered - in the UK - to be a left-wing newspaper. However, it IS very professional. Its stories might have a 'liberal' bias, but I've never found them to be openly partisan, or to twist stories like the Washington Post or NY Times do. (at least in their online offering; obviously I can't get the physical newspapers).

Having said that, I've had to get NYTimes/WaPo stories 3rd hand more recently, as they hide behind a paywall.
    Incognito is your friend.

HUH ?

"... In the hours and days after the Capitol riot, the FBI relied in some cases on emergency orders that do not require court authorization in order to quickly secure actual communications from people who were identified at the crime scene. ... "

Shouldn't people be worried about that ? On what basis did the FBI use 'emergency orders' ?
    The emergency was already over, surely ?

HUH ?

"... In the hours and days after the Capitol riot, the FBI relied in some cases on emergency orders that do not require court authorization in order to quickly secure actual communications from people who were identified at the crime scene. ... "

Shouldn't people be worried about that ? On what basis did the FBI use 'emergency orders' ?
    The emergency was already over, surely ?
    You think the FBI should have treated the storming of the Capitol by an angry mob intent on overturning a legitimate election, with pipe bombs planted nearby, death threats, etc.... as an isolated incident, and not on ongoing emergency requiring rapid investigation and preservation of relevant communication records to maximise efforts to counter further incidents?

Really?

I don't know, that seems like a bit of a reach.

You think the FBI should have treated the storming of the Capitol by an angry mob intent on overturning a legitimate election, with pipe bombs planted nearby, death threats, etc.... as an isolated incident, and not on ongoing emergency requiring rapid investigation and preservation of relevant communication records to maximise efforts to counter further incidents?

Really?

I don't know, that seems like a bit of a reach.
    The crowd dispersed by .. what.. 18:00, and the precinct was firmly under the control of the Capital Police and the National Guard.

So what was the imminent 'emergency' that required the FBI to operate without court orders ? I take on board what you say about 'rapid investigation', but it's a bit of a civil liberties issue if the FBI can operate unsupervised ?

The crowd dispersed by .. what.. 18:00, and the precinct was firmly under the control of the Capital Police and the National Guard.

So what was the imminent 'emergency' that required the FBI to operate without court orders ? I take on board what you say about 'rapid investigation', but it's a bit of a civil liberties issue if the FBI can operate unsupervised ?
    The ongoing emergency would be the bit where you assume the angry mob and whoever planted the pipe bombs will continue their efforts. As opposed to, you know, just bizarrely all giving up en masse.

What you're suggesting is like seeing someone attempt to kill someone, fail, but escape, and then expecting the response to be, "Well, no rush to do anything now, they were probably only going to attempt that the one time."

The ongoing emergency would be the bit where you assume the angry mob and whoever planted the pipe bombs will continue their efforts. As opposed to, you know, just bizarrely all giving up en masse.

What you're suggesting is like seeing someone attempt to kill someone, fail, but escape, and then expecting the response to be, "Well, no rush to do anything now, they were probably only going to attempt that the one time."
    RobF, the crowd had been dispersed, and the entire area was under the control of the National Guard and the Capitol Police ? The crowd DID "give up", and where blocked from within hundreds of yards - of not more - of the premises.

I'd love to know more about these 'emergency proceedures' by which the FBI can just trawl data.

RobF, the crowd had been dispersed, and the entire area was under the control of the National Guard and the Capitol Police ? The crowd DID "give up", and where blocked from within hundreds of yards - of not more - of the premises.

I'd love to know more about these 'emergency proceedures' by which the FBI can just trawl data.
    I feel like you're not reading and comprehending the posts you're replying to here. Because I find it truly hard to believe you can genuinely think that merely securing that area at that time eliminates all subsequent threat from anyone involved, so I can only assume you're not grasping that the point is that it represents an ongoing emergency over the coming hours, days and weeks.

You appear to be completely stuck on thinking of it only in terms of the attack on the Capitol on the day, and the point is that it isn't.

The movement to overthrow the election and the threat is still going on. Right now. It’s very odd that you think people who were willing to take up weapons and storm the Capitol have now just given up their deeply held beliefs and aim of restoring Trump illegally to the presidency.

It just doesn’t make any sense.

But it was ?
    So, you can say with certainty that there are zero threats remaining from everyone that was involved? Can you say with certainty that that there wasn't inside help? Do you think they should stop investigating these crimes just because they have arrested most of the people involved?

The movement to overthrow the election and the threat is still going on. Right now. It’s very odd that you think people who were willing to take up weapons and storm the Capitol have now just given up their deeply held beliefs and aim of restoring Trump illegally to the presidency.

It just doesn’t make any sense.
    Quite possibly.. but not at the capital building. It's behind 10' high barbed wire walls at the moment (despite Democrats saying that 'walls don't work, and they are immoral :p ), and is a militarised zone. So are we entirely comfortable with the FBI using emergency procedures to interrogate cell towers - without a court order - in the Capital Zone ?

So, you can say with certainty that there are zero threats remaining from everyone that was involved? Can you say with certainty that that there wasn't inside help? Do you think they should stop investigating these crimes just because they have arrested most of the people involved?
    No, I can't say any of those things with certainty. However, the cell tower data won't help with any of that ? So why use emergency powers to get it ?

You don't know that.
    The cell tower data is just metadata: who called who, when, and which tower did they access ? (actually, it may be possible to triangulate multiple towers to give the callers location as well).

Are you entirely happy with the FBI being able to get this sort of information without a court order ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom