Capitol Riot arrests (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

FBI Director Wray answering questions about Jan. 6

I wasn't sure so I checked the UK to see if unlike us here in the US, they spelled "were" with an "H". It turns out that they don't use "H" to spell "were" so ...:shrug:
    I guess it's just his/her thing.

Perhaps you should check the Russian troll directory?

we'll see if God gets her a good lawyer
    ==========================

A Boise woman has become the third Idaho resident to be arrested in connection with the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.

Yvonne St Cyr, 53, was taken into custody without incident Wednesday afternoon on an arrest warrant issued by the U.S. District Court in the District of Columbia, according to a news release from the FBI. The exact charges were not detailed.

St Cyr was arrested by members of the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force and the Boise Police Department............

A day after the Capitol riot, St Cyr and her husband, Troy, took to Facebook Live and explained their experiences at the Capitol. Yvonne St Cyr said on the livestream that she “made CNN” when she leaned out a window and reportedly yelled “this is our house.”

“God put me in that window, so I’m assuming God put me on CNN screaming like a mad woman,” St Cyr said. “So hey, maybe I’m going to get arrested again, but I would get arrested and I would die for this country. So no regrets.”...........

Boise woman is third Idahoan arrested after U.S. Capitol riot | Idaho Statesman

WASHINGTON, D.C. (KDKA) – Rachel Powell, the Mercer County mother of eight known as the “bullhorn lady,” has been indicted by a grand jury for her alleged role in the Capitol attack.

Powell was indicted by a grand jury in D.C. on charges including act of physical violence in the Capitol grounds or buildings; obstruction of an official proceeding and aiding and abetting; destruction of government property; and engaging in physical violence in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon...............

‘Bullhorn Lady’ Rachel Powell Indicted For Role In Capitol Riot (msn.com)

Yup.. they've thrown the book at her.
    ...Powell was indicted by a grand jury in D.C. on charges including act of physical violence in the Capitol grounds or buildings; obstruction of an official proceeding and aiding and abetting; destruction of government property; and engaging in physical violence in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon....
    And yet..curiously.. not insurrection ? But as other have said.. no doubt those charges will come in time.

I will be watching the progress of this - and similar - trials with GREAT interest.

I read that the DOJ will not charge insurrection without a ruling or guidance from the AG. And it just so happens that the top three posts in the DOJ have been slow walked by Republicans. That is coming to an end though, so we shall see.

And yet..curiously.. not insurrection ? But as other have said.. no doubt those charges will come in time.

I will be watching the progress of this - and similar - trials with GREAT interest.
    1615232123606.png

I clicked back on this topic just to see if Roof was continuing this nonsensical "gotcha" argument after having it explained to him eleventy bajillion times.

I can't decide if I'm disappointed or not.

I read that the DOJ will not charge insurrection without a ruling or guidance from the AG. And it just so happens that the top three posts in the DOJ have been slow walked by Republicans. That is coming to an end though, so we shall see.
    Which begs the question, why do Republicans hate Merrick Garland so much? What are their specific objections to his appointment this time?

Which begs the question, why do Republicans hate Merrick Garland so much? What are their specific objections to his appointment this time?
    '

They don't, but they want the DOJ to be in limbo for as long as possible. It is the new way to undermine the investigation of Trump and the insurrectionists. And they definitely do not want an AG with a score to settle.

Can't the acting AG rule on this ? Mind you, it appears that Garland will be confirmed in post in a matter of days ?

'

They don't, but they want the DOJ to be in limbo for as long as possible. It is the new way to undermine the investigation of Trump and the insurrectionists. And they definitely do not want an AG with a score to settle.
    No amount of GOP obstruction or way-laying Garland's confirmation is going to stop states of Ga. and New York own individual grand jury investigations into Trump's clear attempts to usurp the results of a democratically certified election results, falsely using claims of voter fraud and trying to coerce and threaten two major Ga. elected leaders--Gov. Brian Kemp and Sec. of State Brad Raffensberger to find him "12,000 votes", illegally on a near one-hour taped phone call. That conversation, in terms of establishing Trump's guilt over attempted voter inference, threatening elected state officials, and subverting the course of a election--are all punishable, felonious offenses, is very strong and convincing. Most of the potential criminal charges he faces in New York are essentially financial--misappropriation of funds, money laundering, tax fraud, refusal to pay back taxes, as well as maybe racketeering.

In Georgia, they have Trump's orange, bloated arse in a literal legal bind and they can use that taped conversation as huge, glaring exhibits to prove their case and it is a very good one, IMHO, Dragon. I, for one, hope they make Trump shirt like a fat pig with overwhelming fear and terror knowing he can't bluff and refute his own treasonous, distinct, threatening words made almost 3 months ago in trying to brow beat Gov. Kemp and Raffensberger to get their hands dirty in conjuring up 12,000 fake ballots to help win a state that wasn't even that overly crucial in relations to Electoral College votes to securing Biden's vote. After Biden secured or secured the Dems old "blue Northern Wall" of Upper Midwestern states--Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan, most MSM outlets all essentially concurred that if Biden won Pennsylvania, the election was is and once he did, the dye was cast and results were a foregone conclusion. Biden winning the states of Ga. and Arizona just provided him a little extra distance so we wouldn't have to face down the real pre-election possibility that 1-2 states would've been the total numerical difference in determining who won the election. I do believe that if Biden had won the election via the Election College by a more substantiative margin, maybe 100-125 votes, or more, some of Trump's post-election histrionics, fanatical, unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud, election poll workers mismanagement, misplacing or stuffing of ballots in key battle-ground states, and his frenzied, unhinged Twitter calls for his far-right, QAnon,.white nationalist core base to show up and be riled up by one of his inflammatory speeches to march down to the Capitol building and try to forcefully stop the lawful, democratic EC certification of a legitimate presidential victory for Joe Biden.

But maybe that's just nonsensical, wishful thinking on my part considering that Trump and his hardcore cult of diehard followers take great pride in living an alternative, false political reality devoid of facts, logical reasoning when it doesn't suit them, and obtaining and maintaining power at almost any cost.

No amount of GOP obstruction or way-laying Garland's confirmation is going to stop states of Ga. and New York own individual grand jury investigations into Trump's clear attempts to usurp the results of a democratically certified election results, falsely using claims of voter fraud and trying to coerce and threaten two major Ga. elected leaders--Gov. Brian Kemp and Sec. of State Brad Raffensberger to find him "12,000 votes", illegally on a near one-hour taped phone call. That conversation, in terms of establishing Trump's guilt over attempted voter inference, threatening elected state officials, and subverting the course of a election--are all punishable, felonious offenses, is very strong and convincing. Most of the potential criminal charges he faces in New York are essentially financial--misappropriation of funds, money laundering, tax fraud, refusal to pay back taxes, as well as maybe racketeering.
    Have either of these jurisdictions filed charges yet, or even enpaneled grand juries ? I mean.. if it's that clear cut, why are they waiting ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom