Biden Tracker (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

• I don't know about you, but I can't find it mentioned anywhere outside of GP and websites that make GP look like USA Today. Hell, all it takes is a single read-through to see that the only people quoted are the mother and her boyfriend. A cursory attempt to reach the school with no update on a statement, not even a note saying "Hey, we tried again and they told us to get bent before hanging up". There is absolutely nothing from the court proceedings or any quotes from the record at all. The entire thing is uncorroborated.

Also, this was posted back in March. Right around this time, she lost a wrongful termination case because the defendant had proof that she voluntarily quit her job, despite suing said employer for terminating her employment illegally. We can see that she's not above stretching the truth in legal proceedings and the only press she talked to was a website known for publishing heavily biased stories and outright lies.
    What are we even talking about here?

You know what convinced me that Dems are ok with violence to get their way? I was on this board having discussion with you guys during the BLM summer of love.
    Well, sorry Farb, but that’s just delusional.

Well, sorry Farb, but that’s just delusional.
    And yet you still believe that the BLM riots were grass roots and were not riots but protests?

And yet you still believe that the BLM riots were grass roots and were not riots but protests?
    They were absolutely grass roots. You don’t have a clue what you are talking about.

But, hey, at least we know you’re okay with extreme violence against police officers. You said exactly that right here about the Jan. 6 insurrection in which over 140 police officers were injured. You said “maybe that needed to happen” about Jan. 6. So save us your fake indignation over some property damage from some idiots.

They were absolutely grass roots. You don’t have a clue what you are talking about.

But, hey, at least we know you’re okay with extreme violence against police officers. You said exactly that right here about the Jan. 6 insurrection in which over 140 police officers were injured. You said “maybe that needed to happen” about Jan. 6. So save us your fake indignation over some property damage from some idiots.
    Was the riot at the capital a grass roots?

Was the riot at the capital a grass roots?

To date we've seen no evidence it was professionally organized outside of a few yahoos on the web running their mouths, so yes I'd call the riot itself grassroots (although the rally portion wasn't).

Me and my wife were at the epicenter of those protests last summer. Literally every day.

They were not peaceful. But they were nonviolent.

To date we've seen no evidence it was professionally organized outside of a few yahoos on the web running their mouths, so yes I'd call the riot itself grassroots (although the rally portion wasn't).
    I might push back on this a bit - there were pipe bombs placed at DNC and RNC headquarters. Various yahoos came with equipment for combat, and a plan on how to breach the defenses. They didn’t just happen to have bear spray on them, and stun guns and so forth. They brought materials to build a scaffold with a hangman‘s noose.

Most of the crowd, yes, it was spontaneous, but there was a cadre of people who expected the violence and came prepared for it. They expected to enter the Capitol. They were hoping to encounter members of Congress and at the very least intimidate them.

I might push back on this a bit - there were pipe bombs placed at DNC and RNC headquarters. Various yahoos came with equipment for combat, and a plan on how to breach the defenses. They didn’t just happen to have bear spray on them, and stun guns and so forth. They brought materials to build a scaffold with a hangman‘s noose.

Most of the crowd, yes, it was spontaneous, but there was a cadre of people who expected the violence and came prepared for it. They expected to enter the Capitol. They were hoping to encounter members of Congress and at the very least intimidate them.
    Yeah, but we still don't know who planted the pipe bombs, or why the locations were chosen. Iirc, they were not really strategically placed. Sort of amateurish. But it's been months since I last read up on it, so idk. I do think a large majority of the people were there of their own volition and not really aware of what was actually being planned. That cadre of people who were behind the whole thing and who planned to try and instigate a coup should be hanged for treason. They should thank their lucky stars to only get a relatively short jail stint.

Me and my wife were at the epicenter of those protests last summer. Literally every day.

They were not peaceful. But they were nonviolent.
    Do you consider the 1-6 riot nonviolent but not peaceful too?

Even if there were a hardcore cadre of Proud Boys, Boogaloos, or Oath Keepers there equipped with combat equipment, zip ties, pepper spray, and might've been prepared for some expectation of violence, whatever form that posed before the Jan. 6 Capitol storming/insurrection, the vast majority of people who attended Trump's "Big Lie" speech before the mob mentality took over knew there was some decent chance of violent confrontation, via counter-protesters, or Capitol Police, most probably didnt believe or wouldn't believe me or you if wed told them they'd be storming and ran sacking the Capitol by the end of the day in a attempt to disrupt EC certification process.

I know you and some other MAP posters will push back on that assertion, but so far, there doesn't appear to be any strong, corroborating evidence that this meticulously planned and premeditated, instead of a loose, disjointed series of cascading events that sort of spontaneously morphed and co joined together. Other then Trump's then-Twitter tweets or those of his administration lackeys(Giuliani, Powell, Michael Flynn) making comments in the weeks leading up the insurrection encouraging MAGAs and Trumpers to come to D.C. and "it'll be wild". Even comments like those don't necessarily, stand out, as a solitary call to arms to storm the Capitol building, from a strictly legal perspective, trying to get a solid, slam-dunk conviction.

Michael Flynn, however, probably should be one former Trump administration official who, I'm very surprised, hasn't been court-martialed by charges of treason and encouraging insurrection, because he made.and has continued to borderline treasonous, seditious comments before and after the Jan 6 insurrection like suggesting Trump should.declare martial law and send in troops in to Ga. and seize contested ballots, and when he received blowback from these comments, he flippantly replied he didnt know why everyone thought what he suggested was.such a big, bad idea, as it happened before in our nation's history (which, strictly.speaking, was true in the sense of Pres. Lincoln suspending habeas corpus.to arrested pro-Confederate mobs who attacked Union soldiers marching through Baltimore IIRC, in April 1861 and he removed pro-secessionist Md. politicians from the state assembly and replaced them with pro-Unionist delegates to help ensure deeply divided Maryland didnt secede from the Union early on during the Civil War's initial beginnings. But, in the context of American presidential elections, was very untrue and deliberately false). I've often joked Washington D.C. during the Civil War sort of resembled Berlin for nearly 45 years during the Cold War, seeing as both cities were "cities of spies", " dens of espionage". There was actually a very successful pro-Confederate spy.espionage ring that ran out of a D.C brothel and they enticed, lured and got unsuspecting Union soldiers, mid-or-high ranking Union officers drunk or morally compromised, they used them to extract logistical military information about size, scale and troop maneuvers to CSA spies.

One of these Civil War-era D.C. based CSA spies, actually fled to UK after the war ended, and wrote a immediate, yet sexually racy, risque memoir of her exploits that became an immediate best-seller and became a kind of larger-then-life mythical, "femme fatale" cultural sensation in Victorian UK.

How is what you said any different than what I said? Aside from the long-winded history lesson, lol? I said most of the attendees partook spontaneously, but there was a small group of yahoos who came prepared for violence. They knew what they wanted to do, and came armed with weapons to accomplish the feat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom