Biden Tracker (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

This current hearing is all for theatrics. It's laughable to act like those bunch of idiots even had a 5% chance of executing a coup. This exaggeration is all part of the plan for the Democrats to get a domestic terrorism law and more censorship. Does anyone remember how the Patriot Act worked out?
    Why does it matter here if it was a clumsily executed coup or a brilliantly executed one?

Kinda like I never understood in concept the difference in sentencing between attempted murder and murder.. you get more credit because you were bad at the attempt?

Exactly. The danger is that this is now being normalized by the GOP who has bent the knee to Trump. The GOP can still 'stick it to the libs' and fight the culture war while still denouncing Trump... they just don't have the courage or integrity to do it.

The hundreds of people who stormed the Capitol with intent to prevent Biden from becoming president are terrorists. I'm not calling the crowd as a whole terrorists but the hundreds of people who stormed the capital absolutely were.. though I'm open to hearing why you believe they aren't.
    Were the people who burned the police precinct down, attacked the federal courthouse, and took over a part of a city terrorists?

Exactly. The danger is that this is now being normalized by the GOP who has bent the knee to Trump. The GOP can still 'stick it to the libs' and fight the culture war while still denouncing Trump... they just don't have the courage or integrity to do it.
    Like the left and the media normalized the months of rioting and destruction?

Were the people who burned the police precinct down, attacked the federal courthouse, and took over a part of a city terrorists?
    Generally yes I'd say. Different motivations and aims of course, but yes.

Why are the insurrectionist at the Capitol not terrorists in your view?

Do you have an argument?
    Thanks
    I find your “explanations” to be simplistic and insulting to both men and women at the same time.

You have taken things that society demands of women, and ascribed it to biology. You have taken excesses that society allows men, and ascribed it to biology.

You are spouting your own views as if they are biological fact. You don’t know what you are talking about.

Like the left and the media normalized the months of rioting and destruction?
    you say this, but it’s not true. Rioting and destruction was not “normalized”. It was condemned, and rightly so. There were also egregious police excesses, in many cases they responded with force disproportionate to the protesters.

You need to take a look and see exactly what was “destroyed” over the “months” of riots. There was some rioting, and in general it was dealt with fairly harshly. But compared to the thousands of protests involving hundreds of thousands of people, it was a small amount.

Yet, you guys act like it was the sacking of Rome or something. It’s impossible to think you are serious people worth talking with when you go off on these tangents.

And I'll take this one step further. For some reason, the resident conservatives here (or Libertarians or anti-Democrats or whatever you identify as) seem to think extremists like AOC represent the majority of the national Democratic party. They don't. And it's not even close. Meanwhile, the GOP has bowed to Trump en masse. There are, at most, twenty or so GOP Senators and Congressman who have not either embraced Trump's radicalism or look the other way to enable it.

Trump couldn't even begin to issue a statement close to Biden's as his drooling zealots stormed the Capitol. Why? Because he wanted it to happen. We all know it. He doesn't care about America. He doesn't care about anything beyond his own ego and maybe... on a good day... his goofy daughter.

Riots in cities are not good. Property damage and injuring people is not good. But this country has sustained similar violent protests in the past (what we saw last summer was nothing close to the 60's and 70's). The last time the Capitol was breached was the war of 1812 courtesy of the British Empire. There is a difference. Each day Trump spreads more lies deals irreparable damage to this nation. Unlike buildings, faith in democratic institutions is not so easily rebuilt.

Last edited:
    Generally yes I'd say. Different motivations and aims of course, but yes.

Why are the insurrectionist at the Capitol not terrorists in your view?
    I would disagree and say the people I listed and the Capitol rioters weren't terrorists even using the overly broad legal definition of domestic terrorism.

Section 802 of the USA PATRIOT Act (Pub. L. No. 107-52) expanded the definition of terrorism to cover ""domestic,"" as opposed to international, terrorism. A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act "dangerous to human life" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to: (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping. Additionally, the acts have to occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States and if they do not, may be regarded as international terrorism.

I find your “explanations” to be simplistic and insulting to both men and women at the same time.

You have taken things that society demands of women, and ascribed it to biology. You have taken excesses that society allows men, and ascribed it to biology.

You are spouting your own views as if they are biological fact. You don’t know what you are talking about.
    You have finally tried to make a point, good.
    Let me ask a question.

Do you think men and women are equal?

I would disagree and say the people I listed and the Capitol rioters weren't terrorists even using the overly broad legal definition of domestic terrorism.

Section 802 of the USA PATRIOT Act (Pub. L. No. 107-52) expanded the definition of terrorism to cover ""domestic,"" as opposed to international, terrorism. A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act "dangerous to human life" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to: (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping. Additionally, the acts have to occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States and if they do not, may be regarded as international terrorism.
    I strongly disagree. At a minimum there are likely a minimum of dozens of Capitol rioters that are to be considered terrorists squarely within that definition.

I find it rather ridiculous that you're attempting to parse it out like this honestly, they're forking terrorists. You know it when you see it and I saw it.

Last edited:
    You have finally tried to make a point, good.
    Let me ask a question.

Do you think men and women are equal?
    So you feel a need to insult me and then ask me a question that you seem to think is a gotcha? Without addressing the point that I made?

No thanks, I won’t be engaging in your little fantasy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom