/* */

Biden Tracker (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

A small but significant group of Republicans are trying to do just that, but the Republican leadership on the other hand. It's the same problem Democrats will have with trying to get Biden to step down. The leaders controlling the parties are the ones calling the shots.
    Both Biden and Trump were picked by voters during primary elections, they were not picked by party leaders.

They were both challenged by other candidates and all of those other candidates lost badly, because voters did not want them. They wanted Biden and Trump, that's why millions of voters voted for each one.

..........and voters are now legitimately questioning his ability to serve.
    This part of the article you quoted shows the irrational hubris, true elitism, privilege and narcissism that drives our society. Political pundits, donors, journalists and other so-called "experts" are the ones doing the most shouting of questions about Biden's ability to serve. They arrogantly think they speak and think for the majority of people, when they can only speak for themselves.

They pretend that everyone thinks like them, because it helps them trick people into thinking like them, you know, "because everyone else is doing it."

Polls have heavily underestimated voting support for Democratic and progressive candidates for years now and even those polls show that Biden dropped at most 3%. That 3% does not indicate that voters have lost faith in Biden. It indicates the opposite and based on consistent trends, those polls are underestimating the actual voting support for Biden by around 5% or more. Which eliminates the alleged lead that the unreliable polls are showing.

So was Clinton, so were numerous Republicans before they got beat. Polls are not super reliable lately. Maybe you’ve noticed? Maybe not.
    The one things that the polls have reliably done for quite some time is consistently showing the Republican or conservative candidate as getting 5% or more of votes than they actually do on election day.

Trump and his camp know this. They no that the polling actually indicate Trump's likely going to lose. That's why they're still crapping their pants to panic and trick the Democrats into forcing Biden out of the race.

That's why they're fueling a full court media press and playing every Sith mind trick in their Book of Dirty Little Tricks that they. It's their only hope, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I much more concerned about the emotional health of society at large than I am about Biden's cognitive health. None of the threats we are facing right now would exist if we had a basically emotionally healthy society and these problems don't go away just because public figures of the day go away.

Both Biden and Trump were picked by voters during primary elections, they were not picked by party leaders.

They were both challenged by other candidates and all of those other candidates lost badly, because voters did not want them. They wanted Biden and Trump, that's why millions of voters voted for each one.
    While that's true and I don't dispute that, voters, particularly partisan who vote at the caucuses are going to be swayed to a large degree. And, a LOT of people didn't participate in the primaries. The primaries are a subset of a subset of the overall population. You can't deny the party leaders and their endorsements matter a lot.

They may not have been picked by the leaders in the sense of the votes cast, but those voters certainly were influenced by the party leaders.

Someone may stand out and challenge the conventional wisdom, like Bill Clinton and Obama did. But those were more the exceptions than the norm.

Conventional wisdom is that incumbents typically have a significant advantage in a given election cycle, but I don't think we've had an incumbent in their 80s before, not to mention the other issues Biden is facing.

Conventional wisdom is that incumbents typically have a significant advantage in a given election cycle, but I don't think we've had an incumbent in their 80s before, not to mention the other issues Biden is facing.
    Their advantage has nothing to do with being selected by party leadership. Party leadership gets behind them, because they already proved they can win. That's why they are an incumbent in the first place.

Their advantage has nothing to do with being selected by party leadership. Party leadership gets behind them, because they already proved they can win. That's why they are an incumbent in the first place.
    I think it's both, and it definitely is helped by party leadership. I don't think it has nothing to do with it. We'll just have to disagree on that one.

The Biden administration has reinstated controversial Trump-era rules allowing what critics say are “barbaric” hunting practices that target bears and wolves, including pups or cubs, on federal land in Alaska.

Sport hunters use the practices, like killing young in their dens, to eliminate predators of caribou, which are considered trophy animals. The killings are probably decimating predator populations on federal Alaskan preserves, said Jeff Ruch, Pacific director with Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility.

The rules come after the Obama administration in 2015 had banned a range of the controversial practices. The Trump administration’s National Park Service (NPS) undid the Obama rules in its final year, and the Biden administration had proposed reinstating the Obama rules.

But it largely re-published the Trump rules, generating dismay and outrage among some environmental groups.

“This was [the Biden administration’s] attempt to undo the largest damage the Trump administration’s NPS had done and they whiffed at it, and for reasons that aren’t at all clear,” Ruch said. “It’s disappointing because it’s exactly contrary to what they proposed several years ago.”

Among other practices, the new rules permit: the killing of wolf and coyote pups in dens; the use of artificial light or dogs to draw bears or wolves and their young out of caves; and using motorboats to kill swimming caribou.

The new rules reinstated a ban on “bear baiting” in which food is used to attract bears that are shot as they approach the bait. Ruch said the Biden administration banned the practice not out of concern for the animals, but because it caused bears to see humans as a food source, which created a safety risk.……

Nate Silver is an idiot. Instead of posting idiotic stuff from him, why don’t you show us the “incoherent” parts yourself?

Nate Silver is an idiot. Instead of posting idiotic stuff from him, why don’t you show us the “incoherent” parts yourself?
    Yup. Everything negative about Biden in your eyes is the fault of the journalist...it's the fault of the YouTuber.....it's the fault of the blogger.
    Just keep being in denial.
    Is the ABC News organization IDIOTIC?
    Will you dismiss them as well?

Yup. Everything negative about Biden in your eyes is the fault of the journalist...it's the fault of the YouTuber.....it's the fault of the blogger.
    Just keep being in denial.
    Is the ABC News organization IDIOTIC?
    Will you dismiss them as well?
    No, but you have no discipline on your sources. Nate Silver isn’t a good source, he’s been that way for a few years now. All I ask is you consider your sources before you breathlessly run in here to post something that says what you want to hear.

The article is still going by anonymous sources, at least they claim they have “several” anonymous sources. They went ahead with the article despite not waiting for comment from the named representatives.

4 out of the entire House D caucus isn’t overwhelming. And I don’t think it changes anything. I’ve seen and paid attention to several Biden appearances since the debate. He is fine, IMO. Yes, he sounds tired and old, but the content of what he says is just fine. Whereas Trump sounds like the sociopath he is, an adjudicated rapist. A felon, whose company has cheated for years. An immoral, slimy conman.

And you can’t wait to vote for him. That says everything about you.

No, but you have no discipline on your sources. Nate Silver isn’t a good source, he’s been that way for a few years now. All I ask is you consider your sources before you breathlessly run in here to post something that says what you want to hear.

The article is still going by anonymous sources, at least they claim they have “several” anonymous sources. They went ahead with the article despite not waiting for comment from the named representatives.

4 out of the entire House D caucus isn’t overwhelming. And I don’t think it changes anything. I’ve seen and paid attention to several Biden appearances since the debate. He is fine, IMO. Yes, he sounds tired and old, but the content of what he says is just fine. Whereas Trump sounds like the sociopath he is, an adjudicated rapist. A felon, whose company has cheated for years. An immoral, slimy conman.

And you can’t wait to vote for him. That says everything about you.
    It is growing. The number of Ds ditching Biden will grow because some were brave to go first. There is safety in numbers.

Here is what I predict will happen.

1) Biden will announce at the convention that he will not run.

2) Somebody will be selected that would normally be an acceptable candidate under normal circumstances. Unfortunately, these circumstances are not normal.

3) Republicans that are “Never Trumpers” will either vote for said candidate or stay home.

4) Independents will do the same.

5) There will be enough that will not vote for the new candidate that Trump will win.

6) We must focus on taking the house and increasing our hold on the Senate in order to stop these asshats. That would include never allowing any SCOTUS nominee to be brought to a vote and keeping the Senate in session to prevent any out of session appointment.

Btw, due to the public’s bright, shiny object attention span and the Democratic Party’s ritual suicide Trump will win. He will win if Biden stays in or not. Just my worthless opinion.

Last edited:

MT, that troll is not worth responding to.....just sayin.....

2) Somebody will be selected that would normally be an acceptable candidate under normal circumstances. Unfortunately, these circumstances are not normal.

3) Republicans that are “Never Trumpers” will either vote for said candidate or stay home.

5) There will be enough that will not vote for the new candidate that Trump will win.

6) We must focus on taking the house and increasing our hold on the Senate in order to stop these asshats. That would include never allowing any SCOTUS nominee to be brought to a vote and keeping the Senate in session to prevent any out of session appointment.

Btw, due to the public’s bright, shiny object attention span and the Democratic Party’s ritual suicide Trump will win. He will win if Biden stays in or not. Just my worthless opinion.

I disagree, you are ignoring the fact that Dobbs decision changes everything....it will be the women of this country who see their rights being stripped away that will save us from Trump and fascism.....IMO

Why do you think that? I’m genuinely curious because I don’t see him wavering at all in his assertions that he will run.

Why do you think that? I’m genuinely curious because I don’t see him wavering at all in his assertions that he will run.
    I think he's going to get a lot of pressure to resign when he's at the convention. I think the odds are somewhat high we'll see a brokered convention this year. The reason I think this is that Biden is going to have to be on point for the next month and a half. Not sure he can, but we'll see.

Once at the convention, you'll have both detractors and supporters hashing it out and there will be a lot of push/pull over how to unite the party. How it gets sorted out, I have no idea, but it's definitely not gonna go without some reckoning. Biden may well survive all of that, but it's certainly possible he'll be directly asked to step down by the Democratic leadership.

This article makes your #1 above seem not likely??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom