/* */

Biden Tracker (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Why do you think that? I’m genuinely curious because I don’t see him wavering at all in his assertions that he will run.
    I hope it doesn’t. I just have a feeling it will. If enough people piss and moan and cause enough havoc he may have no choice.

This whole election is turning into a fustercluck.

I figured it out...

You quoted your own post, and the presumption is that they'll somehow be able to vote when there's no mechanism for them being able to vote.

You do realize they can't vote if their name isn't in the voter rolls? If their name isn't listed and can't be verified, they're SOL.

Why would Democrats be against making sure the people who are voting are citizens of the US? Hmmm

Welp, since this has never come up in 230+ years until idiot Republicans claimed that the 2020 election was stolen with no evidence and since people here without papers aren’t about to run the risk of attracting attention to themselves maybe the answer is Republicans are engaging in legislative kabuki theatre with no actual purpose beyond scaring people into believe such people have voted.

To translate that sentence: because it was not and is not an issue. Instead of passing the immigration bill that was a gift to Republicans, Mike “call me Moses” Johnson and the rest of the gang that can’t shoot straight run around doing everything possible to not do their actual jobs. All to placate the convicted felon.

Welp, since this has never come up in 230+ years until idiot Republicans claimed that the 2020 election was stolen with no evidence and since people here without papers aren’t about to run the risk of attracting attention to themselves maybe the answer is Republicans are engaging in legislative kabuki theatre with no actual purpose beyond scaring people into believe such people have voted.

To translate that sentence: because it was not and is not an issue. Instead of passing the immigration bill that was a gift to Republicans, Mike “call me Moses” Johnson and the rest of the gang that can’t shoot straight run around doing everything possible to not do their actual jobs. All to placate the convicted felon.
    I agree with this post. Really I do. I was beyond disappointed when the Republicans wouldn't vote for the Immigration Reform....and yes, I also agree that anyone illegally entering our country is not gonna try and vote. Sincerely Steve ( who is NOT MAGA)

I think he's going to get a lot of pressure to resign when he's at the convention. I think the odds are somewhat high we'll see a brokered convention this year. The reason I think this is that Biden is going to have to be on point for the next month and a half. Not sure he can, but we'll see.

Once at the convention, you'll have both detractors and supporters hashing it out and there will be a lot of push/pull over how to unite the party. How it gets sorted out, I have no idea, but it's definitely not gonna go without some reckoning. Biden may well survive all of that, but it's certainly possible he'll be directly asked to step down by the Democratic leadership.
    I’m not sure how they can pressure him. He has the delegates. Also, the leadership if they are going to make that demand should do it now, not at the convention. I don’t think they will make that demand, though.

Why would Democrats be against making sure the people who are voting are citizens of the US? Hmmm

Why do you think this bill is worth anything? As your article points out, it’s already illegal for non-citizens to vote and there are already harsh penalties. I thought you didn’t like big government, but in this case you want to pass a completely worthless bill. As your article also points out the entire bill is based on a lie. Why don’t we pass a bill making it illegal for Martians to vote while we’re at it? Makes just as much sense.

I agree with this post. Really I do. I was beyond disappointed when the Republicans wouldn't vote for the Immigration Reform....and yes, I also agree that anyone illegally entering our country is not gonna try and vote. Sincerely Steve ( who is NOT MAGA)
    The Republicans in the House passed a border bill in 2023 that would have addressed some of biggest problems. The bill the house passed in 2023:

-requires the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to resume activities to construct a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border;

-provides statutory authorization for Operation Stonegarden, which provides grants to law enforcement agencies for certain border security operations;

-prohibits DHS from processing the entry of non-U.S. nationals (aliens under federal law) arriving between ports of entry;

-limits asylum eligibility to non-U.S. nationals who arrive in the United States at a port of entry;

-authorizes the removal of a non-U.S. national to a country other than that individual's country of nationality or last lawful habitual residence, whereas currently this type of removal may only be to a country that has an agreement with the United States for such removal;

-expands the types of crimes that may make an individual ineligible for asylum, such as a conviction for driving while intoxicated causing another person's serious bodily injury or death;
    authorizes DHS to suspend the introduction of certain non-U.S. nationals at an international border if DHS determines that the suspension is necessary to achieve operational control of that border;

-prohibits states from imposing licensing requirements on immigration detention facilities used to detain minors;

-authorizes immigration officers to permit an unaccompanied alien child to withdraw their application for admission into the United States even if the child is unable to make an independent decision to withdraw the application;

-imposes additional penalties for overstaying a visa; and

-requires DHS to create an electronic employment eligibility confirmation system modeled after the E-Verify system and requires all employers to use the system.

The recent bill was a joke and it wouldn't have fixed any of the biggest border problems.

That's obviously not true
    Quit lying. There isn’t any senility.

Oligarchy: there is simply no evidence for that preposterous claim. That would be North Korea, Russia or China, you know, the leaders Trump likes and wants to emulate?

Who else ran against Biden?

Anyone who wanted to run against Biden could have. I know at least one did, Phillips. He was resoundingly rejected.

I do not believe you are going to get your wish of Biden stepping aside. You may as well start coming up with a coping mechanism now. It’s up to Biden.

Here is what I predict will happen.

1) Biden will announce at the convention that he will not run.

2) Somebody will be selected that would normally be an acceptable candidate under normal circumstances. Unfortunately, these circumstances are not normal.

3) Republicans that are “Never Trumpers” will either vote for said candidate or stay home.

4) Independents will do the same.

5) There will be enough that will not vote for the new candidate that Trump will win.

6) We must focus on taking the house and increasing our hold on the Senate in order to stop these asshats. That would include never allowing any SCOTUS nominee to be brought to a vote and keeping the Senate in session to prevent any out of session appointment.

Btw, due to the public’s bright, shiny object attention span and the Democratic Party’s ritual suicide Trump will win. He will win if Biden stays in or not. Just my worthless opinion.
    I believe Harris would beat Trump.

MT, that troll is not worth responding to.....just sayin.....

I disagree, you are ignoring the fact that Dobbs decision changes everything....it will be the women of this country who see their rights being stripped away that will save us from Trump and fascism.....IMO
    I think people don't realize how hard women had to fight to get the right to own property and vote.

Just pause and think about that for a minute. Women fought for and won the right to vote without being able to vote. That's right. They had to convince and pressure men into giving them the right to vote and they did just that. Now they want their rights to bodily autonomy back in some states and want those rights permanently protected in every state.

Read books on the civil rights movement and you will see that women also drove that movement, they just never got the credit they deserve.

Women have been clawing their way out of being kept barefoot and pregnant in a cave. They ain't going backwards without a massive fight. Women are the single biggest voting demographic, they've been registering to vote a record pace since 2022 Dobbs overturning Roe and they have been turning out to vote at a record breaking after record breaking pace. That's not going to suddenly stop and I don't see any way in any universe that more than 30% of women are going to vote for Trump.

Last edited:
    I think people don't realize how hard women had to fight to get the right to own property and vote.

Just pause and think about that for a minute. Women fought for and won the right to vote without being able to vote. That's right. They had to convince and pressure men into giving them the right to vote and they did just that. Now they want their rights to bodily autonomy back in some states and want those rights permanently protected in every state.

Read books on the civil rights movement and you will see that women also drove that movement, they just never got the credit they deserve.

Women have been clawing their way out of being kept barefoot and pregnant in a cave. They ain't going backwards without a massive fight. Women are the single biggest voting demographic, they've been registering to vote a record pace since 2022 Dobbs overturning Roe and they have been turning out to vote at a record breaking after record breaking pace. That's not going to suddenly stop and I don't see any way in any universe that more than 30% of women are going to vote for Trump.

Yup, agreed.....based on recent results I think the women of this country will turn out and vote in record numbers and will save our democracy......it's just shocking how far the R party has gone down the rabbit hole.....I hope the party totally disintegrates after this election.....

The Republicans in the House passed a border bill in 2023 that would have addressed some of biggest problems. The bill the house passed in 2023:

-requires the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to resume activities to construct a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border;

-provides statutory authorization for Operation Stonegarden, which provides grants to law enforcement agencies for certain border security operations;

-prohibits DHS from processing the entry of non-U.S. nationals (aliens under federal law) arriving between ports of entry;

-limits asylum eligibility to non-U.S. nationals who arrive in the United States at a port of entry;

-authorizes the removal of a non-U.S. national to a country other than that individual's country of nationality or last lawful habitual residence, whereas currently this type of removal may only be to a country that has an agreement with the United States for such removal;

-expands the types of crimes that may make an individual ineligible for asylum, such as a conviction for driving while intoxicated causing another person's serious bodily injury or death;
    authorizes DHS to suspend the introduction of certain non-U.S. nationals at an international border if DHS determines that the suspension is necessary to achieve operational control of that border;

-prohibits states from imposing licensing requirements on immigration detention facilities used to detain minors;

-authorizes immigration officers to permit an unaccompanied alien child to withdraw their application for admission into the United States even if the child is unable to make an independent decision to withdraw the application;

-imposes additional penalties for overstaying a visa; and

-requires DHS to create an electronic employment eligibility confirmation system modeled after the E-Verify system and requires all employers to use the system.

The recent bill was a joke and it wouldn't have fixed any of the biggest border problems.

Many of those were in the bill passed by the senate, but it wasn't purely right wing wishes. To get things done in a divided congress without a super majority, you don't just write a purely right wing wish list and expect everyone to swallow it. There were numerous overly onerous and problematic points among those bullet points, and I et the detials contain many more problems.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom