Biden Tracker (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

On John Harwood:

Leaked emails released Tuesday by WikiLeaks show a cozy relationship between CNBC anchor and New York Times writer John Harwood and members of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

The messages are part of a third WikiLeaks document dump over the past few days of emails from Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s account. The latest batch came four days after the U.S. formally accused Russia of hacking and leaking emails to influence the 2016 election.

The newly published emails show that Harwood exchanged gushing messages with Podesta during the 2016 primary campaign.

In one December 2015 email with the subject line "I imagine..." Harwood writes to Podesta how he believes "that Obama feels some (sad) vindication at this demonstration of his years-long point about the opposition party veering off the rails." Harwood then gloated in the email that he was proud of how he questioned Donald Trump during CNBC’s Republican primary debate in October 2015.

Harwood also emailed Podesta last year in May alerting him to watch out for Ben Carson’s campaign.

"Ben Carson could give you real trouble in a general," Harwood wrote in the email, included links to interviews that he had done with Carson.

Podesta passed the email along to Jennifer Palmieri, Clinton’s communications director. "Fascinating stuff," she replied.

Harwood also emailed Podesta praising a video from the Clinton campaign. The email, dated July 26, 2015, with the subject line "Strong video," could be referring to a video put out that day by the Clinton campaign titled "Stand for Reality." Days later, Clinton gave a speech in Iowa laying out her plan to combat climate and energy issues. Palmieri responded to the message by crediting two other Clinton staffers for the video.

1000005351.jpg

1000005352.jpg

I bet you $100 it will be overturned on appeal.

Speaking of mislabling funds as legal expenses and attempting to influence election:

NEW YORK (AP) — Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee have agreed to pay $113,000 to settle a Federal Election Commission investigation into whether they violated campaign finance law by misreporting spending on research that eventually became the infamous Steele dossier.

That’s according to documents sent Tuesday to the Coolidge Reagan Foundation, which had filed an administrative complaint in 2018 accusing the Democrats of misreporting payments made to a law firm during the 2016 campaign to obscure the spending.

The suckers and losers was brought to you by Jeffery Goldberg:

Someone who hates Trump:

Every single thing you posted is a lie. Every single thing.

I’ll just do one or two. The suckers and losers comment was confirmed by General Kelly in his book. Why is it that out of 47 confirmed Cabinet members plus his VP, 44 of them say Trump is unfit for the presidency? I would love to see your response to this, but I’m not holding my breath.

The diary page has been debunked. It’s a plant by Trump sycophants. It’s another lie that you eagerly repeat.

Why do you post so many lies?

Last edited:
    On John Harwood:

Leaked emails released Tuesday by WikiLeaks show a cozy relationship between CNBC anchor and New York Times writer John Harwood and members of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

The messages are part of a third WikiLeaks document dump over the past few days of emails from Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s account. The latest batch came four days after the U.S. formally accused Russia of hacking and leaking emails to influence the 2016 election.

The newly published emails show that Harwood exchanged gushing messages with Podesta during the 2016 primary campaign.

In one December 2015 email with the subject line "I imagine..." Harwood writes to Podesta how he believes "that Obama feels some (sad) vindication at this demonstration of his years-long point about the opposition party veering off the rails." Harwood then gloated in the email that he was proud of how he questioned Donald Trump during CNBC’s Republican primary debate in October 2015.

Harwood also emailed Podesta last year in May alerting him to watch out for Ben Carson’s campaign.

"Ben Carson could give you real trouble in a general," Harwood wrote in the email, included links to interviews that he had done with Carson.

Podesta passed the email along to Jennifer Palmieri, Clinton’s communications director. "Fascinating stuff," she replied.

Harwood also emailed Podesta praising a video from the Clinton campaign. The email, dated July 26, 2015, with the subject line "Strong video," could be referring to a video put out that day by the Clinton campaign titled "Stand for Reality." Days later, Clinton gave a speech in Iowa laying out her plan to combat climate and energy issues. Palmieri responded to the message by crediting two other Clinton staffers for the video.

Your desperation is really showing. Can’t debunk the truth, so smear people with 10 year old posts. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is just partisan crap. You never have anything to say about Trump’s cozy relationship with Hannity or Carlson or any number of other right wing media nuts.

Every single thing you posted is a lie. Every single thing.

I’ll just do one or two. The suckers and losers comment was confirmed by General Kelley in his book. Why is it that out of 47 confirmed Cabinet members plus his VP, 44 of them say Trump is unfit for the presidency? I would love to see your response to this, but I’m not holding my breath.

The diary page has been debunked. It’s a plant by Trump sycophants. It’s another lie that you eagerly repeat.

Why do you post so many lies?

Huge twitter, and link post like that should probably not be allowed. It needs to be split up into coherent subjects, and he needs to add context. It's like that twitter post he made in the Hunter Biden thread with zero comment. On it's face, it seemed like he was arguing Hunter Biden shouldn't have been convicted. I'm sure that's not his opinion though.

Yeah, and he will never respond to any question he doesn’t like.

Yeah, and he will never respond to any question he doesn’t like.

I wonder these days if he gets angry when he sees something breaking through his worldview. He comes off a little spicier post conviction.

Real sharp this Biden. Super sharp! :ROFLMAO:

You can't blame a blogger.
    You can't say the "channel has a bad history"
    It's just a camera rolling and the reality of our President.

………The ‘freezing’ clip

Earlier in the week, the Telegraph ran another article based on a misleading RNC clip: “Watch: Biden appears to freeze at White House concert.”

The article was based entirely on speculation, advanced by the RNC, that Biden had some sort of episode that caused him to freeze.

The article suggested that the person next to him “seemed to notice something was amiss, putting his arm around Mr. Biden before the pair bumped fists.”

In a post on June 10 that had 3.3 million views, the RNC asked: “Why isn’t Biden moving?” In the clip, Biden is standing still while people around him are dancing at a Juneteenth celebration.

The full video, when it pans, shows other people similarly standing still at the right end of the screen.

Biden, as he did in this 2009 Associated Press interview, has often said he doesn’t dance. “Joe Biden wants to make one thing clear: He can’t dance,” the article said, quoting him as saying “the reason I want to keep talking is because I can’t dance.”

The article noted that at an inaugural ball he danced “stiffly” with his wife, Jill. “I may not be able to dance, but I sure like holding her,” Biden said…….

I think this refers to the clip that SFL couldn’t wait to run in here and post. He should always double check his crappy sources and he never does

The smell of urine that you are detecting is from Biden's depends leaking.
    Look who's suddenly now responding to my posts again even though I'm not worthy of response from them. Smells like more terror peeing and victory.

We have confirmation from multiple sources that Trump does wear adult diapers and he reeks of it.

We only have Trump's false accusations that Biden wears adult diapers and his supporters blindly lap it up.

Every accusation by Trump and his supporters is a confession.

Misleading attacks = showing a video of Obama having to lead Biden off the stage.
    Exactly. You've got the math right on that one. The showing of a video that allegedly shows Obama "having to" lead Biden off the stage is a misleading attack.

What do all of the videos of Trump being ushered in the right direction say about Trump's mental fitness?

What do all of the videos of Trump slurring and jumbling words say about Trump's mental fitness?

What do all the videos of Trump getting people's names wrong say about Trump's mental fitness?

What do all of the videos of Trump rambling nonsensically at rally's say about Trump's mental fitness?

What do all of the reports that Trump kept falling asleep during his trial say about Trump's mental fitness?

You keep avoiding the simple question

Between Trump and Biden who would you rather win the election?

You may not like the reality of the matchup but it is the reality of the match up no matter how much you wish it wasn’t
    When someone repeatedly shows themselves to have sympathies with the Christo-fascists and stuff like Project 2025, and limits criticism of Trump and his administration to only the means but not the ends which they pursued, you really don't need to bother asking that question.

great, now I'm going to have to google 'terror peeing'

Be sure

Once you see it you can’t unsee it
    Wait, what? I was just using it as a short cut for "peeing your pants in terror." I had no idea it was a thing and I'm definitely not searching on it. My apologies to those who have searched it.

These are the types of good things that happen when you properly fund a government agency and give it a clear mission and support. Kudos to the Biden Administration.

=============
    The Biden administration plans to stop businesses and wealthy individuals from manipulating the value of assets in arcane ways such as using the same assets over and over again to lower their taxes.

High-end business partnerships like hedge funds and wealthy individuals such as real estate investors have inappropriately used labyrinthine structures to shield tens of billions of dollars from taxation, Treasury Department officials said Monday as they vowed to crack down on the practice. They announced several steps to address a tax planning strategy known as basis shifting, in which complex business partnerships can move assets from one entity to another on paper for no reason other than to avoid taxes.

“These transactions don’t create any economic activity for the U.S. “Their sole purpose is to reduce tax bills,” said Deputy Treasury Secretary Wally Adeyemo, adding that shutting down inappropriate basis shifting could increase tax collections from partnerships by at least $5 billion a year over the next decade.

Robert Kovacev, a lawyer at Miller & Chevalier who represents partnerships being audited by the IRS, argued that the tax code allows changes in basis, that businesses are doing nothing wrong by taking advantage of the practice and that the new rules, if enforced, are likely to be challenged in court.

“I don’t think it’s tax evasion at all,” Kovacev said of basis shifting. “That has a fraudulent tinge to it that I don’t think exists here. It’s a tax planning tool that follows what Congress said you can do.”
    A partnership is a “pass-through” business structure of linked entities that passes income and losses directly to investors, rather than being taxed at a corporate level. When a partnership sells assets such as land or equipment, the taxes are determined only after subtracting the asset’s original cost — the “basis” — from the proceeds.

Certain rules in the tax code allow partnerships to recalculate that basis when other assets move in or out of the business. The IRS asserts that partnerships are regularly manipulating the basis of assets to avoid taxes.

In some cases, the business might repeatedly depreciate the same asset.

“What you do is things like, you’ve depreciated the asset in one entity, so now the basis is zero,” said Mark Luscombe, a Wolters Kluwer tax lawyer who serves on the American Bar Association’s committee on partnerships. “If you sold it, you’d have a big gain and you don’t have any more depreciation. You instead sell it to a related party so you can start the depreciation all over again.”

An existing rule requires that transactions have “economic substance” rather than merely reducing tax bills. A top IRS official mentioned the economic substance rule as the root of the agency’s belief that most of these closely related partnership transactions are illegal.

“It is possible that taxpayers believe their transactions meet the literal regulation,” the official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss the new rule before specific regulations are announced. “However, they do not have economic substance. We believe they are illegal under current law.”

The tax agency will publish guidance for accountants and lawyers meant to make clear that the federal government believes basis shifting purely to avoid taxes is illegal and will be subject to audits. It will propose regulations to require large partnerships to provide more detail to the IRS about certain transactions when they occur. And it will create teams within the IRS’s legal arm and its large-business auditing unit to focus on such partnerships, staffed by some of the hundreds of auditors the IRS has hired this year.

Those new employees have already turned up many basis-shifting transactions that they believe to be illegal, IRS Commissioner Danny Werfel said in a call with reporters. “In the audits we’re doing today, we are seeing this systemic use of basis shifting where there is no economic basis to the transaction,” Werfel said. “That is not allowed.”

If Adeyemo’s projection of $50 billion in additional tax collections over the next decade comes to pass, it would go a long way toward recouping the billions in additional funding that Congress allotted to the IRS at President Biden’s urging. The Biden administration and others have argued that the investment would more than pay for itself as new auditors hired with the money crack down on wealthy tax evaders.
    ==============

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom