Biden Tracker (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Why would it. It said in plain terms what the law in Alabama is. It was an state court, not a federal court.
    Again, the ruling did not make it illegal, the clinics that were not run professionally halted due to council from their legal. Is it your take that the courts should force clinics to provide a service they don't feel they can safely provide within the law? No need to answer, the alt-left does believe the government should force anyone to do anything their ideology demands.

All the IVF clinics in Alabama stopped services. Where they all not run professionally? The Alabama SC ruling opened them up to serious criminal legal jeopardy for destroying fertilized embryos that weren't used in pregnancy, a common and necessary practice in IVF treatment. You know that. You're just trying to avoid dealing with Christians hypocritical ideology on life from fertilization and the consequence that ideology would have on American families.

Yeah, the problem is people saying inflation is coming down often aren't acknowledging that prices are still going up, just not at the same rate as before. Until prices actually come back down some, meaning deflation, people who are already suffering because of inflation still aren't able to recover.
    Wait - I don’t know a lot about economics, but prices have been coming down. Groceries where I live are down from the highest point and gas prices are definitely down.

For an annualized rate to drop over a short time period, doesn’t that mean prices are definitely not going up? If they were still going up then the figure would be increasing - as long as we are in the same year, right?

If the annualized figure was 8% in January and the annualized figure is 3% in December, prices probably didn’t go up at all from January, and some likely decreased. Am I thinking correctly here?

Ok, so you agree, the ruling did not make IVF illegal.
    That is dishonest framing. Of course it did. It made the loss of an embryo the same as the death of a child. You cannot do IVF without losing some embryos. It cannot be done. It’s a malicious, evil ruling.

Wait - I don’t know a lot about economics, but prices have been coming down. Groceries where I live are down from the highest point and gas prices are definitely down.

For an annualized rate to drop over a short time period, doesn’t that mean prices are definitely not going up? If they were still going up then the figure would be increasing - as long as we are in the same year, right?

If the annualized figure was 8% in January and the annualized figure is 3% in December, prices probably didn’t go up at all from January, and some likely decreased. Am I thinking correctly here?
    You definitely don't want deflation (prices of goods is less than what it was over a period of time) in an economy. China is going through this. Essentially it means that demand is low, leading to producers not wanting to invest and produce....decreasing economic activity. Leads to less jobs etc. Generally we want wages out pacing inflation. But we don't really want inflation to be too high even in that case as prices may get out of hand. So small increment of inflation is ok...as the feds target I believe is 2.5 give or take.

That is dishonest framing. Of course it did. It made the loss of an embryo the same as the death of a child. You cannot do IVF without losing some embryos. It cannot be done. It’s a malicious, evil ruling.
    We all know it's a disengenuinous comment because his states government in a panic reflexively passed laws to protect ivf.

The irony is that these people know the whole moral basis of life starting at conception is bogus.

You definitely don't want deflation (prices of goods is less than what it was over a period of time) in an economy. China is going through this. Essentially it means that demand is low, leading to producers not wanting to invest and produce....decreasing economic activity. Leads to less jobs etc. Generally we want wages out pacing inflation. But we don't really want inflation to be too high even in that case as prices may get out of hand. So small increment of inflation is ok...as the feds target I believe is 2.5 give or take.
    Fwiw, I'm talking about mild deflation or inflation at 1-2% until wages sufficiently catch up to some degree. This entire time until recent months, inflation is outpacing wage growth, meaning people's purchasing power is continuing to drop.

Clearly significant deflationary conditions isn't good either, but sort term price corrections definitely can and should happen when warranted.

There's certainly localized price corrections and gas certainly does go up and down quite a bit, but when you factor the overall economy, some areas are still increasing near double digits or more. Housing, medical services, insurance are all still outpacing wage growth.

And to be sure, I'm not saying the economy is bad, but not everyone is reaping that economic growth.
    I think it depends on what numbers you're looking at. There are monthly and quarterly reports and typically they will report numbers that reflect annualized percentages. So, yes, price drops will lower inflation on an annualized basis, but usually, it's prices being flat or very low bercentage that lowers inflation during a given time frame. So it really depends on the methodology, and time period.
    Sort of, yes. Keep in mind though, 8% in January is price growth for that month. And 3% would be price growth for December. And really, the percentage increase for the month of December with 3% growth would be 3%/12.

People react to elections a lot like how they react to hurricanes. A lot of understandable anxiety about the final outcome will be. This anxiety leads trying to figure out the outcome will be before it can be known.

Presidential elections are won and lost by how things are and what happens in October through the first week of November. That's the most important time for messaging and the state of things then is what influences most voters the most. There's no area where recency bias has more of an impact than it does on elections.

October through to election day is when Biden needs to be at his best with messaging and public speaking. Hopefully, he's pacing himself so he's got a big kick for the end of the marathon.

People react to elections a lot like how they react to hurricanes. A lot of understandable anxiety about the final outcome will be. This anxiety leads trying to figure out the outcome will be before it can be known.

Presidential elections are won and lost by how things are and what happens in October through the first week of November. That's the most important time for messaging and the state of things then is what influences most voters the most. There's no area where recency bias has more of an impact than it does on elections.

October through to election day is when Biden needs to be at his best with messaging and public speaking. Hopefully, he's pacing himself so he's got a big kick for the end of the marathon.

Trump is trying to slow roll what he thinks are going to be convictions in his trials. The big issue is that the news will be nominated in that period with at least one of those trials. It will dominate the news cycle about him. It will be amplified by Democrats.

The economy isn't as good as the media and Democrats claim.

Do you have any idea how often jobs reports get revised, both up and down? Do you think the media and Democrats are the sources for these numbers? How are you this gullible?

Trump lost 4 million jobs and 400,000 American lives during his Administration. Those facts are all anyone should need to know.

You don't know how the jobs report works do you.

The sad thing is, the NYP does know how the report works and they are telling you lies to your face. Because they know you don't know how the jobs report works.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom