Biden Tracker (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

All the IVF clinics in Alabama stopped services. Where they all not run professionally? The Alabama SC ruling opened them up to serious criminal legal jeopardy for destroying fertilized embryos that weren't used in pregnancy, a common and necessary practice in IVF treatment. You know that. You're just trying to avoid dealing with Christians hypocritical ideology on life from fertilization and the consequence that ideology would have on American families.
    Not all. If you actually think that, can your provide a link that shows all stopped?

If by hypothetical, you mean 'science' then yes. Life begins at conception. Science agrees as well.

Responding to dishonesty with more dishonesty. You certainly are on point with your branding. 🤦‍♀️
    Can you show me what was dishonest about anything I put there or are you a liar?

Not all. If you actually think that, can your provide a link that shows all stopped?

If by hypothetical, you mean 'science' then yes. Life begins at conception. Science agrees as well.
    More dishonest framing. We are not talking about “life” we are talking about personhood. This is where you all have jumped the shark. A clump of cells is alive, but it isn’t a person. It isn’t even capable of sustaining its own existence by itself. Giving it personhood is just ridiculous.

Your dishonest framing - part of it, anyway - was just pointed out to you as you were typing this.
    You need to look up 'dishonest'. That would imply I don't believe it, but I know you know better than that.

How did that 'clump of cells' come to exist?

The human life cycle begins with the embryo at fertilization, but that doesn't mean that fertilized embryo is a human being. There's a lot of steps between those two things and any number of occurrences during pregnancy can mean that that embryo never becomes a human being. Moreover, it definitely shouldn't have the same rights as an actual human being.

Just because your religion wants to make it so, it doesn't mean the rest of us are obligated to believe it or that our laws should reflect your religion's beliefs.

Last edited:
    Can you show me what was dishonest about anything I put there or are you a liar?
    You said the case was decided because of lack of safeguards based on one incident where embryos were destroyed on purpose. One incident. I would expect that particular clinic to have some sort of responsibility for any destruction that was willful. That’s not the issue here, and I think you know that but presented it in a less than honest framework as simply being about that one incident, and implying that all IVF clinics were being unsafe and sloppy, and that’s why they ceased operations.

That one incident has nothing to do with the ridiculous ruling that a clump of cells are a child. 30-40% of blastocysts in the human body never implant or develop into a fetus and we don’t know how many eggs are fertilized but don’t even develop into blastocysts. In IVF only 30-50% of fertilized eggs make it to the blastocyst stage. Are these all dead children? Is a doctor who implants a blastocyst that fails to develop guilty of some sort of manslaughter? Could he be charged by a crusading prosecutor?

You cannot perform IVF without losing blastocysts. Just like you cannot have natural pregnancies without the destruction of some blastocysts. It’s as natural as it can be.

So you can take your “murdering babies” crap and put it somewhere dark. It’s as dishonest as it can be.

You said the case was decided because of lack of safeguards based on one incident where embryos were destroyed on purpose. One incident. I would expect that particular clinic to have some sort of responsibility for any destruction that was willful. That’s not the issue here, and I think you know that but presented it in a less than honest framework as simply being about that one incident, and implying that all IVF clinics were being unsafe and sloppy, and that’s why they ceased operations.

That one incident has nothing to do with the ridiculous ruling that a clump of cells are a child. 30-40% of blastocysts in the human body never implant or develop into a fetus and we don’t know how many eggs are fertilized but don’t even develop into blastocysts. In IVF only 30-50% of fertilized eggs make it to the blastocyst stage. Are these all dead children? Is a doctor who implants a blastocyst that fails to develop guilty of some sort of manslaughter? Could he be charged by a crusading prosecutor?

You cannot perform IVF without losing blastocysts. Just like you cannot have natural pregnancies without the destruction of some blastocysts. It’s as natural as it can be.

So you can take your “murdering babies” crap and put it somewhere dark. It’s as dishonest as it can be.
    You lost him at blastocysts :)

Sure there is. One is illegal, meaning it is against the law and criminal punishment can be applied. The other is a private decision by a company on what services it wishes to offer or not offer to the public.

Why do you not consider criminal activity not to be meaningful?

Criminal is an arbitrary distinction that we invent.

In this case, the service becomes unavailable the same as if it is illegal.

Last edited:
    The human life cycle begins with the embryo at fertilization, but that doesn't mean that fertilized embryo is a human being. There's a lot of steps between those two things and any number of occurrences during pregnancy can mean that that embryo never becomes a human being. Moreover, it definitely shouldn't have the same rights as an actual human being.

Just because your religion wants to make it so, it doesn't mean the rest of us are obligated to believe it or that our laws should reflect your religion's beliefs.
    Ok, I can't make you believe science, since after all, the alt-left also believes that men can have babies. So continue to believe whatever you would like.

Ok, you appear to be a liar, but don't worry, that word doesn't mean much around here since you throw it around to just mean something you don't agree with. You might want to look up the original case. As I said, I think that is what I recall, could be wrong, but doubt it.

Why would I take my comments somewhere else? I believe it is murdering babies. Why would my opinion, after all I believe in God, mean much to someone as enlightened as you?

Criminal is an arbitrary distinction that we invent.

In this case, the service becomes unavailable the same as if it is illegal.
    You mean humans created words? You don't say. LOL.
    No, criminal means against the law. I know the alt-left's ideology hinges on the fact of blurring reality but when I use a word, I chose it for that meaning. I would recommend you do the same.

You mean humans created words? You don't say. LOL.
    No, criminal means against the law. I know the alt-left's ideology hinges on the fact of blurring reality but when I use a word, I chose it for that meaning. I would recommend you do the same.

The service becomes unavailable. It may as well be illegal.

Go ahead and put on your Captain semantics cape on and tell me that no one is being arrested, as if that is a relevant point in this context.

Last edited:
    Ok, you appear to be a liar, but don't worry, that word doesn't mean much around here since you throw it around to just mean something you don't agree with. You might want to look up the original case. As I said, I think that is what I recall, could be wrong, but doubt it.

Why would I take my comments somewhere else? I believe it is murdering babies. Why would my opinion, after all I believe in God, mean much to someone as enlightened as you?
    You evidently didn’t read what I said. You most certainly know that clinics didn’t close because there was one incident where blastocysts were destroyed. Yet you presented that they closed because of that one incident. You aren’t stupid, you know better. It was dishonest framing.

I know why you didn’t answer any of my questions, and that’s okay. Your position is incompatible with nature and science. Applying your position to women is evil. Hiding behind religion doesn’t change that fact. Religion has often been the source of evil in the history of the world. This is one of those times.

You evidently didn’t read what I said. You most certainly know that clinics didn’t close because there was one incident where blastocysts were destroyed. Yet you presented that they closed because of that one incident. You aren’t stupid, you know better. It was dishonest framing.

I know why you didn’t answer any of my questions, and that’s okay. Your position is incompatible with nature and science. Applying your position to women is evil. Hiding behind religion doesn’t change that fact. Religion has often been the source of evil in the history of the world. This is one of those times.
    Save yourself more embarrassment and read the case brought it to the Alabama Supreme court.
    At no time was IVF illegal in the state of Alabama. Can you show me the law that made it illegal?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom