Biden seeking a $15 an hour minimum wage in his Covid relief proposal (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Incumbent

Reaction score
    If there’s already a Biden economy thread, I can add this there. It could have gone in the Covid thread, but the impact of this would extend well beyond that topic.

Well past time to raise the minimum wage, which hasn’t been increased since 2009.

This is just not a realistic argument. As noted by the article I posted, there's no real context in the real world where that phrase can be used and not interpreted as racist. Using that phrase is treated as racism in pretty much every context.

Edit: Look, he's making the argument for me:

How do you know what countries or races he's talking about?

The assumption you are making is he's thinking about Mexicans when he says that phrase, and he'd never use that phrase to talk about illegals from Germany. It might be a safe bet, but it's not exactly explicit.

How do you know what countries or races he's talking about?

The assumption you are making is he's thinking about Mexicans when he says that phrase, and he'd never use that phrase to talk about illegals from Germany. It might be a safe bet, but it's not exactly explicit.
    I propose that the official MCB prosecutorial standard be that of a preponderance of the evidence.

However, I do believe that it has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and your doubt is, in fact, unreasonable.

And this is why I said the stipulation informs the rest of the conversation. There's no point in further engagement with you because you're not listening and refuse to learn.

It's been stipulated that you're a racist. We don't have to discuss the phrase any more. We know where we stand and can move back to the actual topic of this thread, which is a $15 minimum wage.
    You seem to be the one who has made up your mind with no facts based on reality. It’s also been stipulated that you are a racist among other "ists".

You seem to be the one who has made up your mind with no facts based on reality. It’s also been stipulated that you are a racist among other "ists".
    You're out of your league. Maybe just cool off awhile and read a bit and maybe you'll be able to stick around for a few more days.

I propose that the official MCB prosecutorial standard be that of a preponderance of the evidence.

However, I do believe that it has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and your doubt is, in fact, unreasonable.
    Are you screaming at the sky because you know that you're wrong? Your delusions are not reality.

Well, the odds of you hitting the lottery are significantly smaller than the economic benefits of immigrants, both documented and undocumented.
    Criminals are not good for the country. Legal immigration has always been a win win in most times. Illegal immigration has never been a winning situation. Especially with whats going on in the world today illegal aliens are a danger to this country.

It is being used in the real world and it doesn't have any racist contention to say that ILLEGAL ALIENS NEED TO GO BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM! Maybe you should try living in the real world instead of the make believe utopia of Ist.

What if we try to have an actual conversation about this? For instance, I am ok assuming that you don't know the history of the phrase and that you are not racist and not wanting to say things that could be taken that way. Is this a conversation you would be willing to have?

Especially with whats going on in the world today illegal aliens are a danger to this country.
    Alright, some opportunity for actual discussion.

What is going on in the world today that makes you believe that illegal aliens are a danger to this country?

You're out of your league. Maybe just cool off awhile and read a bit and maybe you'll be able to stick around for a few more days.
    Why do you think I care? If you are the best this forum has to offer then there is no point staying anyway. I do have faith that you are NOT representative of this forum.

Criminals are not good for the country. Legal immigration has always been a win win in most times. Illegal immigration has never been a winning situation. Especially with whats going on in the world today illegal aliens are a danger to this country.

You keep calling them criminals. Do you call jaywalkers criminals? Furthermore, do you call someone who committed jaywalking 10 years ago, and hasn't done so since a criminal? Because that is essentially what an undocumented immigrant is -- someone who committed a misdemeanor x number of years ago. Some of them didn't even do it willingly, since they were brought over as a child.

This is why I don't think you understand the law. What law do you think the an undocumented worker is currently breaking? Chances are, it's none. They aren't breaking any laws currently.

And economically, undocumented workers add more to the economy than they take.

Why do you think I care? If you are the best this forum has to offer then there is no point staying anyway. I do have faith that you are NOT representative of this forum.
    Actually, you're right about that. I'm the court jester, at best.

You keep calling them criminals. Do you call jaywalkers criminals? Furthermore, do you call someone who committed jaywalking 10 years ago, and hasn't done so since a criminal? Because that is essentially what an undocumented immigrant is -- someone who committed a misdemeanor x number of years ago. Some of them didn't even do it willingly, since they were brought over as a child.

This is why I don't think you understand the law. What law do you think the an undocumented worker is currently breaking? Chances are, it's none. They aren't breaking any laws currently.

And economically, undocumented workers add more to the economy than they take.
    I call them criminals because they are criminals. Economically illegal aliens don't come anywhere near close contributing more than they take. It doesn't matter. They don’t belong here. They are criminals and if they want to be in the US they should do it legally.

I call them criminals because they are criminals. Economically illegal aliens don't come anywhere near close contributing more than they take. It doesn't matter. They don’t belong here. They are criminals and if they want to be in the US they should do it legally.

You didn't answer my question. Do you call people who jaywalked 10 years ago criminals? Because that is the same type of law being broken.

Oh, and if I show you economic research papers on the benefits of undocumented workers, will you actually participate in the discussion or are you going to rely on useless platitudes and emotional rhetoric?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom