Biden seeking a $15 an hour minimum wage in his Covid relief proposal (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Incumbent

Reaction score
    If there’s already a Biden economy thread, I can add this there. It could have gone in the Covid thread, but the impact of this would extend well beyond that topic.

Well past time to raise the minimum wage, which hasn’t been increased since 2009.

Republican Sens. Mitt Romney and Tom Cotton are proposing to raise the federal minimum wage to $10, but only if businesses are required to use the internet-based E-Verify system designed to prevent employers from hiring undocumented workers.
    This would need to be paired with a path to citizenship. Otherwise, you get undocumented workers who are trapped in a job and easily exploited. Also, in the 00s E-Verify had issues with double last names which can disproportionately affect Latinos.

This would need to be paired with a path to citizenship. Otherwise, you get undocumented workers who are trapped in a job and easily exploited. Also, in the 00s E-Verify had issues with double last names which can disproportionately affect Latinos.

might dovetail into
    my opinon is 8 years seems like an awful long time though

The path to citizenship to an illegal alien should be never. Criminals should not be rewarded for their crimes.
    You mean the misdemeanor of crossing the border?

Like, a traffic ticket should keep you from citizenship?

You mean the misdemeanor of crossing the border?

Like, a traffic ticket should keep you from citizenship?
    Yes if you break the law and enter the country illegally you should never be able to become a citizen. Criminals should not be rewarded for their crimes.

Someone better raise Republican Jesus Ronald Reagan from the dead and tell him.

Last edited:
    Yes if you break the law and enter the country illegally you should never be able to become a citizen. Criminals should not be rewarded for their crimes.

By this rationale, do you believe that people who speed should never be allowed to drive? What if they get a ticket for jaywalking after that? Should that strip them of the right to walk on public sidewalks?

By this rationale, do you believe that people who speed should never be allowed to drive? What if they get a ticket for jaywalking after that? Should that strip them of the right to walk on public sidewalks?
    No. A traffic infraction is apples and oranges to illegal aliens.

No. A traffic infraction is apples and oranges to illegal aliens.

No it's not, they're both misdemeanors. They're different, yet the same. Fwiw, I have friends who are undocumented aliens and they've been here 20+ years and arrived here through no fault of their own. Never committed other crimes and productive members of society. There are a lot of people like that here who deserve better. They're not criminals any more than I am.

I certainly think we can find a path to citizenship that doesn't involve sending them back to a country they no longer have real ties with.

No it's not, they're both misdemeanors. They're different, yet the same. Fwiw, I have friends who are undocumented aliens and they've been here 20+ years and arrived here through no fault of their own. Never committed other crimes and productive members of society. There are a lot of people like that here who deserve better. They're not criminals any more than I am.

I certainly think we can find a path to citizenship that doesn't involve sending them back to a country they no longer have real ties with.
    So your friends are criminals. They should be sent back to where they came from. There is no comparison between trespassing illegal aliens that are criminals and a traffic violation.

So your friends are criminals. They should be sent back to where they came from. There is no comparison between trespassing illegal aliens that are criminals and a traffic violation.
    Then why do you think it is that neither is a felony, and both are misdemeanors? It would seem that there is, in fact, a comparison to be made between the two.

Oh and “they should be sent back where they came from” is pretty racist.

Cue “I’m not a racist, but...”

Then why do you think it is that neither is a felony, and both are misdemeanors? It would seem that there is, in fact, a comparison to be made between the two.

Oh and “they should be sent back where they came from” is pretty racist.

Cue “I’m not a racist, but...”
    There is nothing racist about wanting to send an illegal alien back to where they came from. Next time you call someone a racist you need to be looking in the mirror.

There is nothing racist about wanting to send an illegal alien back to where they came from. Next time you call someone a racist you need to be looking in the mirror.
    I don’t assume you’ll read that, so suffice it to say that if it’s a phrase that’s pretty popular with the KKK, it might have some racial undertones.

I don’t assume you’ll read that, so suffice it to say that if it’s a phrase that’s pretty popular with the KKK, it might have some racial undertones.
    I don't care what the KKK says or does. It has nothing to do with me. Illegal aliens need to go back to where they came from. If they want to be in the US they should do it legally.

I don't care what the KKK says or does. It has nothing to do with me. Illegal aliens need to go back to where they came from. If they want to be in the US they should do it legally.
    You should read the article I posted to see why that phrase is racist. You could learn something here and maybe decide that there’s a better way to say what you mean.

Otherwise, I’ll have to assume you’re just a racist and the other conservatives here will just get so mad at me for pointing it out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom