/* */

All things Racist...USA edition (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

Making good personal decisions would change the outcomes. Would they not?

Just a note also: if you want to propose a question to me, leave out the 'Do you believe that non-white people just aren't as good as white people?' stupidness. I thought you might be better than that, but I guess we will both be disappointed today.

So do you think that the reason non white people are far more likely to be poor is because they are not as likely to make good personal decisions as white people?

And yet here you are. Thanks for your input though. Very enlightening.
    Yep. Read the whole thing including your avoidance of addressing the specific issues and examples provided to you and won't participate in your pathetic attempt to be the poor white man victim.

So do you think that the reason non white people are far more likely to be poor is because they are not as likely to make good personal decisions as white people?
    We should really start a list of questions @Farb refuses to answer. I think it would bring clarity.

Are there poor white people? Did I say anyone was incapable of making good decision based on their skin color? Nope. I didn't. You guys have floated that over and over but I have never said it nor implied it but I get it, it makes it easy to dismiss an argument when the one you are arguing with a racist or nazi...amma right?
    Not everything is based on race, actually, most in this country is not based on race, despite how hard the push is from the 'progressives' to make it about race, it is easier to shut down opposition view points. For example...this thread.

I have a few friends that are black and they make a lot more money than I do. I also have friends that are white that are dirt poor. Do you know the difference is? Personal decisions. Not decisions based on the color of their skin or their victimhood level but the decision to finish school, get married, then have children and work full time. The others, lets just say they don't have time for that and preferer the hustle. You reap what you sow and all that. This kind of touches on what @wardorican

Why is it my responsibility to change my stance when presented with subjective hypotheticals and 1st hand experiences? Why does no one else feel the need to change based on my opinions? Because you think my opinions are wrong just as I think most of your opinions are based on make believe.

Also, why are asians as a group far more successful than any group in the US? Probably followed or beaten (not sure) by Jews? Could it be the strong family unit and the expectations of education and success?

So saying all minorities are at a systemic disadvantage is just incorrect, no? Asians are actively discriminated against in academia but with much different results.

Also, why are asians as a group far more successful than any group in the US? Probably followed or beaten (not sure) by Jews? Could it be the strong family unit and the expectations of education and success?

So saying all minorities are at a systemic disadvantage is just incorrect, no? Asians are actively discriminated against in academia but with much different results.
    Because they weren't brought here as slaves and treated as sub-human. A large portion came after Vietnam and were welcomed with open arms. We were fighting a war for them in the first place. Same goes for Indian-Americans. Came here on their own, not as slaves. Asian and Indian-Americans are probably the two most successful minority groups on the whole and it's because they were never considered by our government to be 3/5 of a human. Indian-Americans have been mistakenly targeted for racism more and more since 9/11 because racist idiots think they look like Muslims. Especially Sikhs.

How are Asians actively discriminated against in academia?

So you are saying that black people just need to make better choices.

I realize you are trying to avoid saying it, but you are saying that.

Also, the rise in discrimination against Asians has skyrocket in the last year, because of Corona, which proves that Americans will discriminate at the drop of a hat to what fits their personal agenda.
    Also, is there data to back up Farb's assumption that Asians are more successful? is he talking about average income, because that can be askewed.

Because they weren't brought here as slaves and treated as sub-human. A large portion came after Vietnam and were welcomed with open arms. We were fighting a war for them in the first place. Same goes for Indian-Americans. Came here on their own, not as slaves. Asian and Indian-Americans are probably the two most successful minority groups on the whole and it's because they were never considered by our government to be 3/5 of a human. Indian-Americans have been mistakenly targeted for racism more and more since 9/11 because racist idiots think they look like Muslims. Especially Sikhs.

How are Asians actively discriminated against in academia?

Also the Model Minority myth

I know asians hate the stereotype and the pressure that comes with it but it can't hurt if people assume that you are smart (especially math & science), hardworking, disciplined, non confrontational, possibly a ninja, etc.

Last edited:
    So you are saying that black people just need to make better choices.

I realize you are trying to avoid saying it, but you are saying that.
    You are trying hard to get me to say it.
    Are there successful black people in this country? Yes, there are. Are there successful white people in this country? Yes, there are. Are there successful asian, hispanic, gay, native, straight, Christian, satanists, trans, you name it. Yes, there are. What would be the common factor between all of them? I would bet it comes down to personal choices (regardless of race).
    Are there unsuccessful white people in this country? Yes, there are. Are there unsuccessful black poeple in this country? Yes, there are. Are there unsuccessful asain, hispanic, gay, native, straight, christian, satanists, trans and every other box you can check? Yes, there are. I would bet the reason for most of them is again....personal choices.
    So you can keep trying to do what the left loves to do and keep everyone in their boxes and make sure that each box is suspect of the other boxes and create a victim mentality. This will make sure no changes actually happen. Just keep crying about perceived social injustice and ignore the lack of evidence but keep being a victim based on something that no one can change. Those in power are counting on it. Good job.

Are there poor white people? Did I say anyone was incapable of making good decision based on their skin color? Nope. I didn't. You guys have floated that over and over but I have never said it nor implied it but I get it, it makes it easy to dismiss an argument when the one you are arguing with a racist or nazi...amma right?
    If this were a case of "people just need to make better choices," then we would have an equal distribution of poor white and poor black people relative to population percentage. Yet, statistically, black people are much more likely to be in poverty than white people.

Explain why black people are much more likely to be in poverty than white people.

I have a few friends that are black
    Heh.

We're trying to get you to admit it to yourself so you can either own your racism or decide to go a different way.

Last edited:
    If this were a case of "people just need to make better choices," then we would have an equal distribution of poor white and poor black people relative to population percentage. Yet, statistically, black people are much more likely to be in poverty than white people.

Explain why black people are much more likely to be in poverty than white people.

Also, can someone who @Farb actually responds to copy paste the above question so maybe he'll see it?

Last edited:
    Are there successful black people in this country? Yes, there are. Are there successful white people in this country? Yes, there are. Are there successful asian, hispanic, gay, native, straight, Christian, satanists, trans, you name it. Yes, there are. What would be the common factor between all of them? I would bet it comes down to personal choices (regardless of race).
    Are there unsuccessful white people in this country? Yes, there are. Are there unsuccessful black poeple in this country? Yes, there are. Are there unsuccessful asain, hispanic, gay, native, straight, christian, satanists, trans and every other box you can check? Yes, there are. I would bet the reason for most of them is again....personal choices.
    So you can keep trying to do what the left loves to do and keep everyone in their boxes and make sure that each box is suspect of the other boxes and create a victim mentality. This will make sure no changes actually happen. Just keep crying about perceived social injustice and ignore the lack of evidence but keep being a victim based on something that no one can change. Those in power are counting on it. Good job.

Why is poverty so much more prevalent for black people than white people? If people are just people and there’s no systemic disadvantages at work, one would expect poverty to be equally distributed among different races?

So how do you explain the differences?

I would bet it comes down to personal choices (regardless of race)

I would bet the reason for most of them is again....personal choices.
    So it’s based on your existing conclusion, and not actual evidence? Just want to make sure I’m not missing evidence to support your view.
    So you can keep trying to do what the left loves to do and keep everyone in their boxes and make sure that each box is suspect of the other boxes and create a victim mentality.
    You frequently say the left (or the lefties on this board) are the only ones who want to assign motive to others or put words in others’ mouths, yet you make statements like this over and over here. Either you don’t see the hypocrisy or you don’t understand the meaning of the word “only.”

So, maybe we could have a better discussion about race here. I've already seen diverse views on causes and solutions to racial disparity here, so we could probably keep this going in a more productive way.

So, I think we could start with some basic facts. Based on statistical outcomes - black and hispanic (I guess the term is Latinx) Americans are less likely to be wealthy, have higher unemployment, more likely to be arrested, more likely to server longer sentences for the same crimes as white convicts... I'm sure there are more statistics, but I think that gets the point across.

Does anyone dispute those statistics? Or does anyone think if you take a random sample of 1000 people from each race that you'll get a breakdown in outcomes that shows that there is not a racial disparity in those numbers?

Assuming no one will argue that point, does anyone want to argue that this is caused by a genetic component? God, I hope not... but I'm trying not to assume.

If this is not a function of genetics then it's a societal issue, correct? A combination of environmental and social factors which makes it less likely that a randomly selected black American will be as wealthy, free, healthy, etc. than a randomly selected white person.

Would anyone dispute that?

One of the biggest determinations in the overwhelming disparity of “success” in this country is the fact that minorities don’t have generational wealth. The reason they don’t have generational wealth for years and years and years of racist policies that the government enacted and followed. I mean, if the child of a Rockefeller fails miserably and makes “bad choices“, they’re still a Rockefeller. If one’s family has been in the country club set for a couple generations at least, the bad choices are almost completely mitigated by the fact that the family has wealth. And there is absolutely no denying that US policy has greatly deterred generational wealth of minorities.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom