All things Racist...USA edition (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

Nah, man.

White voters broke against Obama in both elections -- 43 to 55 against McCain, and 39 to 59 against Romney. Sure, white voters comprised the largest number of votes for Obama, but saying Obama was elected "by white voters" is an extreme reach.
    Yeah, about 40% of whites decided to elect a black POTUS. I consider that significant particularly because McCain and Romney were moderates. Without that 40%v there is no Obama.

I agree, but in the end racism ends when the oppressed group earns the respect and admiration of the other group. I realize this is easier said than done, but it is the only way. Watch the Jackie Robinson movie.
    That is one of the most ignorant things i have ever heard.
    Are you saying minorities haven't earn respect in this country? And how would you say they "accomplish" this? For every single negative stereo type that minorities are given, white people do the same things.
    I have always had a problem with the whole "respect is earned" line. When i hear people say that, i ask them if they meet someone and know nothing about them, do you not treat them with respect? do you disrespect them until they earn your respect? that is a garbage line for an excuse to treat people you don't care for, like trash.

@Paul, I really get the sense you don’t know many black people. You have a really warped view of what black people feel and what they are doing.

The overwhelming majority aren’t poor. The overwhelming majority aren’t sitting around wallowing in self pity. The overwhelming majority are living their lives, getting an education, working and enjoying life. Frankly I know more white people constantly complaining and wallowing in self pity about how diversity is taking their country than I know black people complaining.

I’m not sure where your information comes from, but it’s an incredibly warped version of what blacks really think and believe.

well, if a black guy speaks out against the way other black people act, then he knows what he's talking about. If a white guy speaks out against the way other white people act, he's an idiot...
    Am i doing it right?

@Paul, I really get the sense you don’t know many black people. You have a really warped view of what black people feel and what they are doing.

The overwhelming majority aren’t poor. The overwhelming majority aren’t sitting around wallowing in self pity. The overwhelming majority are living their lives, getting an education, working and enjoying life. Frankly I know more white people constantly complaining and wallowing in self pity about how diversity is taking their country than I know black people complaining.

I’m not sure where your information comes from, but it’s an incredibly warped version of what blacks really think and believe.
    I actually agree with you. Most black people are middle class living in suburbia. So I am as puzzled as you are about why the media pushes the narrative that America is hell and a nation that is totally racist.

That is one of the most ignorant things i have ever heard.
    Are you saying minorities haven't earn respect in this country? And how would you say they "accomplish" this? For every single negative stereo type that minorities are given, white people do the same things.
    I have always had a problem with the whole "respect is earned" line. When i hear people say that, i ask them if they meet someone and know nothing about them, do you not treat them with respect? do you disrespect them until they earn your respect? that is a garbage line for an excuse to treat people you don't care for, like trash.
    In this post there is a confusion regarding politeness and respect. Politeness is given to all. Respect is earned.

The best way to end racism is to change a negative stereotype into a positive stereotype. This was accomplished by Jackie Robinson.

In this post there is a confusion regarding politeness and respect. Politeness is given to all. Respect is earned.

The best way to end racism is to change a negative stereotype into a positive stereotype. This was accomplished by Jackie Robinson.
    Why must respect be earned?

The world would be a much better place if respect was our default position.

I see respect in a different manner.

respect
    verb

1a: to consider worthy of high regard
    Merriam Webster

1.a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
    Google dictionary

Because a racists isn't gonna automatically do that. They may be polite, but a racist isn't gonna respect someone they see as inferior. Sure there are exceptions, but it isn't the norm or never will be no matter how much of it they have earned. Does anyone really think a Neo Nazi is gonna respect any jewish person? Or a KKK member is really gonna respect a black person?
    As long as people feel they are superior to other races, racism will be around. Honestly, the best we can do is call these people out and shame them and humiliate them publicly instead of ignoring them and letting them have their way.

how do you know someone isn't worthy if you do not know them?

You left out this one from google:
    2. due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of others.
    "young people's lack of respect for their parents"
    synonyms:
    due regard · consideration · thoughtfulness · attentiveness · politeness · courtesy · civility · deference[/quoute]
    Respect is a broad term to mean what each person wants it to mean.
    I choose to treat everyone with respect, unless (IMO) they do not deserve it.
    If you don't give respect as your default position, then disrespect is your default position?

Because a racists isn't gonna automatically do that. They may be polite, but a racist isn't gonna respect someone they see as inferior. Sure there are exceptions, but it isn't the norm or never will be no matter how much of it they have earned. Does anyone really think a Neo Nazi is gonna respect any jewish person? Or a KKK member is really gonna respect a black person?
    As long as people feel they are superior to other races, racism will be around. Honestly, the best we can do is call these people out and shame them and humiliate them publicly instead of ignoring them and letting them have their way.

I dunno. I'm a fairly trusting person, but I'm not sure that trust is my default position, with anyone. Until I get to know someone, I'm not trusting them. Respect is the default setting for me, but that doesn't last long if it's not reciprocated.

But yeah, I don't see a point in saying hateful people are going to respect or trust those they hate. That's an unrealistic expectation.

That approach has worked with KKK types and Nazis, I agree, And they will never respect a so-called minority.

However, most people of European ancestry are not Nazis or KKKs. Most are not aware of their skin color (privilege) because that was never an issue growing up. Many of these people are fully capable of admiring others if the respect is earned.

how do you know someone isn't worthy if you do not know them?

You left out this one from google:

Respect is a broad term to mean what each person wants it to mean.
    I choose to treat everyone with respect, unless (IMO) they do not deserve it.
    If you don't give respect as your default position, then disrespect is your default position?
    Your position is to be admired, but it is also a bit idealistic. Humans judge each other when they cross paths. This is done unconsciously and is wired into our tribal evolution. I still think the default position is politeness and that is then followed by respect or no respect.

since you stick with your definition of respect.
    In that case you either have to treat someone with respect of treat them with no respect. which is your default?

since you stick with your definition of respect.
    In that case you either have to treat someone with respect of treat them with no respect. which is your default?
    I posted two definitions of respect from dictionaries. My view coincides with the dictionary definition.

In any event, this is how I operate:

a. I am fully aware humans judge each other on initial contact. Therefore, I try to ignore that judgement.

b. I desperately try evaluate a person as an individual and not as a member of a group. I find this helpful because classifying a person as a member of a given group brings on the issue of stereotyping. For example I am from Latin America and many people assume my diet is mostly burritos and tacos.

c. Once I treat people as individuals I am free from stereotyping. I only evaluate whatever behaviors they have and make a decision whether they deserve respect or not. Otherwise, I am polite 100% of the time with all.

I see respect in a different manner.

respect
    verb

1a: to consider worthy of high regard
    Merriam Webster

1.a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
    Google dictionary
    So you treat strangers with no respect?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom